Laval Rocket: Laval Rocket at Toronto Marlies 7:00 pm (AHL.tv)

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Man. When Reinbacher gets off the plane, they need to stick Norlinder right on it.

Not sure why Norlinder is not in Europe.
I predicted he would’ve been there this year. Guess I was off by one.

Reactions: Tyson

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The f***ing Marlies broadcast is just terrible.

The dude says everything with an inflection and assumes everything is offside.

The woman doesn't say shit until you've forgotten about her and then she says something.

"You'll see on the right ", which is just the camera on the fans.

28 with a sick backhand saucer, but no goal.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
shots are 29-20 for Toronto, so misleading as Toronto has dominated this game. It feels like a 40-15 type of shot total

Mailloux with a great defensive play

Reactions: Runner77

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
3-1 and I'm done.

Gotta he consistent. I had my concerns about how good of an NHL team Bergevin can build when he can't even build a good AHL team and starting to think the same here.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

5th loss in the last 6 games for Laval — they are now last in their division.

Reactions: Tyson

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
3-1 and I'm done.

Gotta he consistent. I had my concerns about how good of an NHL team Bergevin can build when he can't even build a good AHL team and starting to think the same here.

To be fair, I don't think it's a Hughes issue.

Hard to plan for the amount of injuries we had to important AHL guys (or NHL guys that caused call-ups).

Struble, Farrell, Andersson, Heineman, Bourque, Keeper, Stephens...

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
3-1 and I'm done.

A "good" AHL team is full of vets and aim to win, they're trying to strike a balance between development and winning.

I do agree they've been kinda sloppy with Laval's roster building (or rather they need an Assistant GM dedicated to Laval while Sedgwick focuses on cap management).

Started the season without a vet goalie to help Dobes, they need better AHL level C e.g. a guy with size and AHL skill that can help upcoming players like Kidney, Roy, etc... Still missing a replacement for Brandon Baddock, the entire team was L shot except Mailloux for a while, then made a trade for Cederqvist but he's been a real dud so far.

It's not all negative but I don't think Habs management gave them a good enough roster for the expectations / ambitions they have with player dev.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
A "good" AHL team is full of vets and aim to win, they're trying to strike a balance between development and winning.

I do agree they've been kinda sloppy with Laval's roster building (or rather they need an Assistant GM dedicated to Laval while Sedgwick focuses on cap management).

Started the season without a vet goalie to help Dobes, they need better AHL level C e.g. a guy with size and AHL skill that can help upcoming players like Kidney, Roy, etc... Still missing a replacement for Brandon Baddock, the entire team was L shot except Mailloux for a while, then made a trade for Cederqvist but he's been a real dud so far.

It's not all negative but I don't think Habs management gave them a good enough roster for the expectations / ambitions they have with player dev.

They banked on Mann being a good AHL goalie which has been one of their first real miss in AHL goalies since Robert Mayer (2009-2014).

A center line of Maillet, Gignac, Stephens, Mysak with Davidson, Condotta, Kidney and Andersson waiting in the wings was fine.

I agree they still miss Baddock badly. They have McKay, but he's not as good of a hockey player.

Keeper as a RHD was there from the start but got injured.

Cederqvist was a freebie AHL wise this year (since they didn't seem keen on calling up Laaouan which would have been great for both the RH and defensive D issue). Also, since Houle is the coach, I'm waiting longer to make a judgement since apparently it's normal for pro players to take months to get a playing system.

Still banging my drum that Houle needs to be replaced after this year.

Reactions: EXPOS123

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Back to last in the division. I guess that's what happens when you take their best D and best forward away.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I guess I was right to tune out after one. :D
And yes that Marlies broadcast was horrible.
They were actually saying Mailloux's hit was dirty.
The kind of check the NHL is trying to Eliminate... :tvhappy:

Perhaps it's the kind of check on a Toronto player they hope to eliminate.
A hard one.

Reactions: habsfan891

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad