Player Discussion Laurent Dauphin - The New Lehkonen Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Dvo perfect 3rd liner
3rd liner is okay for him.
Good thing about this disaster of a season Dauphin, Pitlick and maybe Monty all look like NHLers. They would never had a chance to play on contending team.
This is a thing that this horrible season is not total waste, we can say that Dauphin, Pitlick and Monty deserve to play in nhl and they are super cheap.
That's one good thing about this season.

Reactions: Tyson

Jul 6, 2016
Laurent Dauphin achieved something in the nhl that Poehling didn't. He proved he can be a regular in nhl. Not that much more than Poehling but he did it.
Let's see if Poehling take the steps to be a regular nhler, whatever age.

edit : Dauphin have more hockey IQ, he take better and faster decisions. He can read the plays.
Poehling is a bit slow to react and improvise.
I would not be surprised if Poehling is traded during the off season.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

expy

Nov 2, 2010
He's definitely no Lehkonen.

He also doesn't have a roster spot if we fill up some holes (which Hughes will).

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If I was building a team, I'd make sure to have on hand a forward that play all positions who skates decently well and isn't a one-trick pony (AKA, do everything at a reasonably okay level) and who isn't a very young player due to the nature of the job.

Dauphin is exactly that kind of player, and that's exactly what he should be going forward. A 12th/13th/14th forward. Should also be paid accordingly, AKA 900K or something.

There's no real point in replacing him by someone better (and presumably more expensive OR to young for spot duties), because, well, he's playing spot duties. There may be a point in replacing him by someone different (in which case I'd probably start with another player than Dauphin.... like, Poehling. or Hoffman anyways).

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That seems like a lot of guaranteed money for a player who hasn't played much at all in the NHL.

Good for him though, I thought he had a good season in the A

Edit: Oh nvm saw it got switched to 175K, still great for him

That AHL cap hit seems low to me. I see a lot of AHL players making 350k and he was leading the team in scoring before his call up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad