Player Discussion Laurent Dauphin - The New Lehkonen Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Good read. I've never seen him play so hard to judge him. Hopefully he can impress come training camp next year.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
He certainly has been picking up some points, scoring some timely goals while in Laval

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Allez Laurent!!!!

source.gif

Reactions: Fixxer and cphabs

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
I dont think he's gonna make a Danault of himself but I see some upside in his game..
Loved him with the Sags!

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Canadien: un retour au bercail bienvenu pour Laurent Dauphin

“Scott Mellanby called me first. After I talked with Joel Bouchard and we had a great discussion. He told me we'll be working together and he'll be to helping me. For my part, I told him I was super excited to work with him.”

“I spend my summers in Quebec. I've an apartment with my girlfriend in dtown Montreal, so I can live there. I heard that the guys who live dtown go to the arena by subway, so I wanted to do it too.”

“It's a pride to play with the Canadiens org.”

“For sure I was thinking about the possibility about being drafted by the Canadiens… When it was their turn to talk, I became stressed. Finally it wasn’t like that, and it was okay with the Coyotes. I played games with them, I had a lot of fun… It’s funny because I’m quite close to Jonathan Drouin, we were talking on the phone when the transaction happened. My DG sent me a message and I said to Jonathan, wait, it’s my DG calling. And the call was to tell me that I was being traded to Montreal!”

“I thought I was going to stay in the NHL. Then it happened what happened. I had a big injury (kneecap) two years ago, it kinda slowed me down. But things are going really well and I think that working with Joel things will be fine for me... I'm a center that does well with my two way style. I take a lot of pride in my game as a penalty killer. That's gonna makes me an NHL'er. I can also bring offense with the Rocket. I’m really focused on restarting my career in Laval. Then, if it happens with the Canadiens, it'd be great.”

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Canadien: un retour au bercail bienvenu pour Laurent Dauphin

“Scott Mellanby called me first. After I talked with Joel Bouchard and we had a great discussion. He told me we'll be working together and he'll be to helping me. For my part, I told him I was super excited to work with him.”

“I spend my summers in Quebec. I've an apartment with my girlfriend in dtown Montreal, so I can live there. I heard that the guys who live dtown go to the arena by subway, so I wanted to do it too.”

“It's a pride to play with the Canadiens org.”

“For sure I was thinking about the possibility about being drafted by the Canadiens… When it was their turn to talk, I became stressed. Finally it wasn’t like that, and it was okay with the Coyotes. I played games with them, I had a lot of fun… It’s funny because I’m quite close to Jonathan Drouin, we were talking on the phone when the transaction happened. My DG sent me a message and I said to Jonathan, wait, it’s my DG calling. And the call was to tell me that I was being traded to Montreal!”

“I thought I was going to stay in the NHL. Then it happened what happened. I had a big injury (kneecap) two years ago, it kinda slowed me down. But things are going really well and I think that working with Joel things will be fine for me... I'm a center that does well with my two way style. I take a lot of pride in my game as a penalty killer. That's gonna makes me an NHL'er. I can also bring offense with the Rocket. I’m really focused on restarting my career in Laval. Then, if it happens with the Canadiens, it'd be great.”

He could give Jake Evans a run for his moneu for the 4c spot.

And Jake Evans himself could bump a fringe top 9 winger to the 4th line wing, if he can produce.

Jul 6, 2016
I don't know Dauphin enough to judge him. Good for him if he can carve himself a career at NHL level...

But how come Nashville org can develop McCarron while Habs were unable to do it ? Is it the player's fault or Habs' fault ? Nashville were able to make Tinordi a NHL level player and they are about to do the same with McCarron.

in the mean time, Habs are unable to ice a big team.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I don't know Dauphin enough to judge him. Good for him if he can carve himself a career at NHL level...

But how come Nashville org can develop McCarron while Habs were unable to do it ? Is it the player's fault or Habs' fault ? Nashville were able to make Tinordi a NHL level player and they are about to do the same with McCarron.

How has Nashville “developed” Mccarron exactly? Because he got a few points in a few games? Mccarron is NOT an nhler. He’s barely an ahler.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

McCarron was trending well under Bouchard before injuries hit. Also 14 points in 29 games and 13 points in 27 games are not really different so I don't see the huge development.

Reactions: DavePeak

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

I've loathed the Habs development under MB, but what? Tinordi is on his 3rd NHL organization since he left Montreal. McCarron put up 13 pts in the AHL?

Reactions: DavePeak

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

Tinordi is an NHL level player?

McCarron?

These are not examples of players having success outside the organization

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013

How’s McCarron doing? I’m a 6’6” hockey player too so I’ve been excited to see his progression.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
How has Nashville “developed” Mccarron exactly? Because he got a few points in a few games? Mccarron is NOT an nhler. He’s barely an ahler.
How is this true, he has been .5 ppg in the AHL.

also, maybe if he didn’t get injured, fight all the time and have a bad temper he would be a 3c in the NHL. IMO

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
At first I wasn't happy with the trade but clearly something fell apart between McCarron and Bouchard as they both seemed happy with one another in their first year together before his season ending injury where he was playing his best hockey at least since his rookie year.

Dauphin isn't flashy but he worked hard and actually did better with us then he did with the Ads despite them being the best team in the AHL. Maybe it ends up being one of those trades where the player getting traded either wakes up that this could be his last chance or just ends up in a better fit as Bouchard was clearly a fan and I could see Julien being one as well.

Though I wish MB would stop getting players from that crappy 2013 draft. We have either drafted, traded or signed, 14 players from that draft, 10 of which were from the first 55 picks of the draft. I'm not really being serious here as I doubt it was done by design but just felt like pointing it out.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Tinordi is an NHL level player?

McCarron?

These are not examples of players having success outside the organization

McCarron, not as of now. I actually already replied to the post you quoted saying his production was the same except he got hot for goals.

Tinordi played 28 games for the Preds (and 7 for Arizona) while Scott played 1. From what I gathered, he might be a decent #7 for them. It's a far cry from well developed too.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
McCarron, not as of now. I actually already replied to the post you quoted saying his production was the same except he got hot for goals.

Tinordi played 28 games for the Preds (and 7 for Arizona) while Scott played 1. From what I gathered, he might be a decent #7 for them. It's a far cry from well developed too.

Minor addition to your post... Victor Bartley also played 9 games for the Habs (Tinordi Trade).

That said, I still don't think a guy who had 28 games this year is any great example of him developing. Could have just been injuries in Nashville and lack of depth. I mean Dale Weise played 23 games this year and I don't consider him an NHL quality player (not the 2020 version of Dale Weise anyways)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad