Player Discussion Laurent Dauphin - The New Lehkonen Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Dauphin should be given look at more ice time. He made good pass on Savard goal. Set Hoffman up nicely later also. But he missed the net. There's good talent there. He was once a high 2nd round pick

He's an alright depth player and looked good last night. In general he is quite replaceable, but at least doesn't hurt the team defensively and plays with effort.

Could be kept around a few years for the rebuild. He may even grow into his role. If he is let go by montreal, he is likely to go to another rebuilding team after. Its the beauty of getting your first shot. He went from a fine AHLer to a fine NHLer in a few short months. Good for him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Darche, Desharnais, Danault, Dauphin

Maybe he is some sort of hybrid between DD and Danault. Lets call him D.5

* Danault started to show his value with the Habs in the 2nd season after we traded for him (age 23)
* DD started show his value with the Habs at age 25 ish.
* Dauphin is showing his value at age 27.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Maybe he is some sort of hybrid between DD and Danault. Lets call him D.5

* Danault started to show his value with the Habs in the 2nd season after we traded for him (age 23)
* DD started show his value with the Habs at age 25 ish.
* Dauphin is showing his value at age 27.
D7... I forgot Dagenais and Dandenault!:scared:

Reactions: Habs Halifax

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Dauphin, 6 points in 13 games, 26 years old, looks like a perfect replacement to Lehkonen.
He brings nothing. No scoring. No hitting. No speed. Useless. Cant wait till Habs have enough depth not to play players like this.

Reactions: bryan1966

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I like Dauphin as a utility player, he works hard on every shift and will contribute offensively from time to time and is a valuable depth piece on a rebuilding team. 750k-1 million per season seems like a fair contract for him.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I like Dauphin as a utility player, he works hard on every shift and will contribute offensively from time to time and is a valuable depth piece on a rebuilding team. 750k-1 million per season seems like a fair contract for him.
Still a bubble player, he is a guy you can call up but he isn't an NHL player

Reactions: CAUFIELD

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Dauphine is turning into a decent NHLer. For a guy not on our prospect radar at start of year. Poehling on other hand is so-so. He's stalled. He was once a highly touted prospect.

I would offer Boston Poehling for Debrusk? Both former first round picks. Dauphin can play 4th line center. MSL maybe able to turn DeBrusk into a 25-30 goal scorer. I remember DeBrusk from one of Boston's runs in playoffs, theres skill there.

Once Dvorak gets back that is. Like to see what MSL can do with him also. He should be better. Many been messed up by DD. Gallagher with Hoffman and Dvorak could be good 2nd line. Hoffman has a good shot and Gallagher is a grinder and former two time 33 goal scorer. Dvorak can pot 20 and good on faceoffs. That line should go. Or Gallagher sliding back to 3rd line with Lehkonen would be good also, spread scoring out. With Pitlick staying on 2nd line. Pezetta with Armia and Dauphin on the 4th line.

Dvorak has decent wheels and size, if MSL can turn him around we may get something for him this summer. His contract removed and Toffoli already gone give us 9 million to play with in UFA. Another first pick or Giroux? Bergeron or Johnny Hockey? A fellow can dream.
Agree with most except you might overrate Dvorak. He's not fast enough and doesn't carry the puck enough. He's good in small things that are not what high-end skilled players have. This is a thread on Dauph but neither dauph or dvo fit on the second line C. To be competive next year, a better C than dvo is needed. Wright or Savoie?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Would be nice if he was eligible for Laval playoffs, I really don't like him as a solution for next year though.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Agree with most except you might overrate Dvorak. He's not fast enough and doesn't carry the puck enough. He's good in small things that are not what high-end skilled players have. This is a thread on Dauph but neither dauph or dvo fit on the second line C. To be competive next year, a better C than dvo is needed. Wright or Savoie?
Dvo perfect 3rd liner

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Sorry...I totally disagree.
Laurent Dauphin is simply a much better player than Poehling...better hockey instincts than Poehling...harder worker.
Laurent Dauphin achieved something in the nhl that Poehling didn't. He proved he can be a regular in nhl. Not that much more than Poehling but he did it.
Let's see if Poehling take the steps to be a regular nhler, whatever age.

edit : Dauphin have more hockey IQ, he take better and faster decisions. He can read the plays.
Poehling is a bit slow to react and improvise.

Reactions: Kimota
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad