Latest on the Arizona Coyotes Arena ordeal

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
You do.

You have been all over any Arizona related thread the last several months defending the org. Mostly by bringing up other examples of teams that have had strange arena situations. If you have such a fascination with why people do what they do online, maybe reflect on the amount of energy you are putting into discussing the Coyotes online.
But he's a fan of the team. Of course he cares about discussing the team and the ultimate outcome. It's the fans of other teams, like yourself, getting all riled up or tired or whatever who need to reflect.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
You do.

You have been all over any Arizona related thread the last several months defending the org. Mostly by bringing up other examples of teams that have had strange arena situations.
I did so maybe once or twice.
If i say something about it, i do it in the yotes thread, I am not even posting in the BOH.
And rarely do in the general discussion or trade thread.
I think you are mistaking me with somebody else.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
You do.

You have been all over any Arizona related thread the last several months defending the org. Mostly by bringing up other examples of teams that have had strange arena situations. If you have such a fascination with why people do what they do online, maybe reflect on the amount of energy you are putting into discussing the Coyotes online.

Deflect, deflect, deflect, that's all he's doing.

The "but why does this bother you as a person" defense. :help:

Not gonna bother anymore.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Deflect, deflect, deflect, that's all he's doing.

The "but why does this bother you as a person" defense. :help:

Not gonna bother anymore.
Cognitive dissonance is getting to you isn't it?
And now you try to attack me. But that just proves my point ;)

But i see that we cannot find a common ground, so lets end this here, shall we. Again enjoy your day.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
But he's a fan of the team. Of course he cares about discussing the team and the ultimate outcome. It's the fans of other teams, like yourself, getting all riled up or tired or whatever who need to reflect.
I'm fine with hockey fans discussing their teams, other teams, and overall league dynamics. I don't think anyone needs to reflect on doing any of those things.

What I find odd is trying to control what other people talk about. Or claiming that the entire hockey media is biased against this org (going back to the first pages of this thread) for simply reporting on a story.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
I think you are mistaking me with somebody else.
No I am not, I talked to a jacked Kangaroo a few times before on the main boards about the Coyotes. It was the same concern troll shtick as now.

Going back to the earlier pages of this thread you also liked several comments (indicating agreement) from other Arizona fans that claimed a grand conspiracy by "Canadian media" against the Coyotes, all for the crime of reporting on a story. So yeah I don't buy the benevolent phycological assessment angle. Its concern trolling/gaslighting. Full stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Quincy

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I'm fine with hockey fans discussing their teams, other teams, and overall league dynamics. I don't think anyone needs to reflect on doing any of those things.

What I find odd is trying to control what other people talk about. Or claiming that the entire hockey media is biased against this org (going back to the first pages of this thread) for simply reporting on a story.
I don't see it as trying to control the topics. I see it more as questioning why many want to wish doom on the team/market and their fans without knowing most of the background. I can't speak totally on their behalf, but I'd think most Yotes fans believe that playing in a 5,000-seat arena isn't a good look for the team and league. But they do have a committed owner who is trying to resolve the situation. The clock is ticking and hopefully, he has a resolution to report to the league and Phoenix fans soon.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
I don't see it as trying to control the topics. I see it more as questioning why many want to wish doom on the team/market and their fans without knowing most of the background. I can't speak totally on their behalf, but I'd think most Yotes fans believe that playing in a 5,000-seat arena isn't a good look for the team and league. But they do have a committed owner who is trying to resolve the situation. The clock is ticking and hopefully, he has a resolution to report to the league and Phoenix fans soon.
Its concern trolling.

It is perfectly acceptable for hockey fans to discuss, and deride an NHL team playing in a 5000 seat arena. If any NHL team had this same arena situation they would be talked about.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Its concern trolling.

It is perfectly acceptable for hockey fans to discuss, and deride an NHL team playing in a 5000 seat arena. If any NHL team had this same arena situation they would be talked about.
Again...discussion on the topic isn't the issue. In a lot of cases, discussion isn't what's happening. It's just posters stopping in to trash the franchise and wish for their demise. In most cases, they're not offering additional context. That's not discussion. That's trolling.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
Again...discussion on the topic isn't the issue. In a lot of cases, discussion isn't what's happening. It's just posters stopping in to trash the franchise and wish for their demise. In most cases, they're not offering additional context. That's not discussion. That's trolling.
And again, its perfectly acceptable to deride an NHL organization playing in a 5000 seat arena. Sorry you find that unacceptable, I don't, most people don't. People make fun of all kinds of topics. My city is frequently called one of the worst cities to have an NHL team. This stuff happens on a hockey forum. Its not trolling.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
And again, its perfectly acceptable to deride an NHL organization playing in a 5000 seat arena. Sorry you find that unacceptable, I don't, most people don't. People make fun of all kinds of topics. My city is frequently called one of the worst cities to have an NHL team. This stuff happens on a hockey forum. Its not trolling.
Well, it looks like we're just going to disagree, here. I'd gather that, if I jumped into any of their favorite teams forum and said "move this team to xx" without discussion or not providing facts as to why, I'd think they'd see that as trolling.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
Well, it looks like we're just going to disagree, here. I'd gather that, if I jumped into any of their favorite teams forum and said "move this team to xx" without discussion or not providing facts as to why, I'd think they'd see that as trolling.
How many of those teams are playing in a 5000 seat arena?

And a very different thing to go into a team forum rather than the main board.

Terrible comparison lol.

Reactions: Voight and Fairview

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
How many of those teams are playing in a 5000 seat arena?

And a very different thing to go into a team forum rather than the main board.

Terrible comparison lol.
And again, the arena situation is actively being worked on.

Ok...same on the main board. You really think that, if I just say "move team xx to xx" without context or discussion wouldn't be seen as trolling?? OK...lol

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Came here to suggest a dunk tank for the big fundraiser. My cousin has one -- leaks a bit, but if you keep the hose running it'll pretty much stay full enough.

Also thought it would be fun if we could get the gang in the bleachers to wear t-shirts in support of the guys.

Finally, anyone know if a pep rally has been nailed down and, if so, any deets???

Go Yotes.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
And again, the arena situation is actively being worked on.

Ok...same on the main board. You really think that, if I just say "move team xx to xx" without context or discussion wouldn't be seen as trolling?? OK...lol
No other team has a serious reason to be relocated. Winnipeg maybe in a several years if attendance doesn't get sorted out.

I don't need to explain to you why Arizona relocation as a topic has more merit than NYR relocation do I?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
No other team has a serious reason to be relocated. Winnipeg maybe in a several years if attendance doesn't get sorted out.

I don't need to explain to you why Arizona relocation as a topic has more merit than NYR relocation do I?
San Jose and Buffalo has struggled lately. Anaheim has only hit 17K 3 times in 30 years and is currently near the bottom. Calgary is having arena issues of their own.

So not trolling if I just say...move them?

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

That highlighted sentence is the qualitative definition of trolling.

The theme you seem to be implying over several posts here is that Coyotes fans should just sit in the corner and take all the abuse you chose to dish out and anyone who dares to do otherwise is trolling.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

And with Winnipeg that would more so be if the owner wants to do it, not the organization is falling apart.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023

The theme you seem to be implying over several posts here is that Coyotes fans should just sit in the corner and take all the abuse you chose to dish out and anyone who dares to do otherwise is trolling.
No the angle I take is that Arizona's uncertain future is a topic that can have ongoing discussion. Arizona's arena situation can be a topic of ridicule. Arizona fans repeatedly are stating that there is no reason to continue discussing this topic. I disagree with that.

Reactions: Fairview

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

I think it's more a response to the (admittedly few) Coyotes fans who've taken this approach to counter any discussion on what's going on with their franchise:

200w.gif

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Everyone hates the Coyotes like them playing in a small arena has any affect on their lives. If the franchise ends up making it and becomes successful this will be one of those stories generations look back on as "the good ol days".

I hope they make it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad