Latest on the Arizona Coyotes Arena ordeal

hockeynugget

Nov 25, 2023
8:04 AM, Wednesday February 7, 2024

This was earlier today on the Marek show with Elliot providing some insight on the latest gongshow with the Coyotes ownership group. Not to beat a dead horse over and over but you’ve gotta wonder when the NHL will say enough is enough and Bettman will finally realize his dream of having a stellar NHL team in Arizona is just that…a dream.

Thoughts anyone?

Reactions: HolyCrap

hockeynugget

Nov 25, 2023
The league owned the Coyotes for 5 years. It wouldn't surprise me if Gary and his cronies are ready to take over ownership again just for the purpose of keeping them in Arizona.
For whatever reason, I wouldn’t be surprised if it came down to this. Find another local college arena to play at when they finally get the boot from the current one.

Honestly, it’s a matter of time before the ownership groups of other teams start complaining because of the embarrassment of this franchise to the NHL. And they wonder why the NHL is having a tough time growing the game is some parts of the USA, I’d be laughing too watching a “professional” franchise rent out someone’s arena to play their games.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Ahh, another Arizona coyotes ownership/arena/clowshow/dumbshits/gary/coyotesneedtofold/deadhorse/poor/highschoolstadium/mypondisbiggerthantheirarena/ect thread.

They’re either going to leave or they’re going to stay. Until then why is this an everyday thing?

And of course the Canadian media is going to give the full story, of course they will.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
Ahh, another Arizona coyotes ownership/arena/clowshow/dumbshits/gary/coyotesneedtofold/deadhorse/poor/highschoolstadium/mypondisbiggerthantheirarena/ect thread.

They’re either going to leave or they’re going to stay. Until then why is this an everyday thing?

And of course the Canadian media is going to give the full story, of course they will.
Hockey media reporting on the uncertain future of an NHL franchise. Not sure what your issue is?

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
Canadian* hockey media. Big difference. You quoted me in the last thread. Do some homework and look at how the Canadian media speaks on this topic. You’ll connect the dots sooner or later.
Well most hockey media is Canadian, sorry to break it to you.

What's your issue with Canadian media?

I left my string and board at home. Mind giving me the cliffs notes on this supposed grand conspiracy of Canadian media vs Arizona?

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Well most hockey media is Canadian, sorry to break it to you.

What's your issue with Canadian media?

I left my string and board at home. Mind giving me the cliffs notes on this supposed grand conspiracy of Canadian media vs Arizona?
I shouldn’t have to. The bias toward any US market out of Canada is as clear as day, especially when you circle around a team that’s struggling that was once a Canadian team.

Seravelli doesn’t know shit, he piggy backs off anyone he can and changes the narrative to favor it being negative for clicks. Players don’t want to play in Canada for many reasons and he fell on his face trying to defend that.

Look at the headlines out of Canada when it mentions the Arizona coyotes and then look at what that headline is actually reading, completely different. They don’t know anything. They don’t do their own journalism, they take pieces from other reports and create their own. It’s been called out many times by local reporters.

I am not doing the homework for you, if you want to look for yourself, it’s out there. You strike me as a guy that’s going to continue to try and explain over and over that it’s just hockey media reporting on hockey and that’s fine, it’s not going to change how Canadian media reacts and reports on this subject.

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
The bias toward any US market out of Canada is as clear as day, especially when you circle around a team that’s struggling that was once a Canadian team.

Please provide examples.

Seravelli doesn’t know shit, he piggy backs off anyone he can and changes the narrative to favor it being negative for clicks.

Seravelli is from Philly.

Look at the headlines out of Canada when it mentions the Arizona coyotes and then look at what that headline is actually reading, completely different.

Again please provide examples.

I am not doing the homework for you, if you want to look for yourself, it’s out there. You strike me as a guy that’s going to continue to try and explain over and over that it’s just hockey media reporting on hockey and that’s fine, it’s not going to change how Canadian media reacts and reports on this subject.

If your going to make grand claims, such as "Canadian media has it out for Arizona" (including a Philly based reporter apparently) you need to provide something substantial to be taken seriously.

Right now it looks like you have an axe to grind against "Canadian media" and are clearly emotional on the subject.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I just wanted to say that those are incredibly good looking hockey shirts

jsynordiquescalvaire.png

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The league owned the Coyotes for 5 years. It wouldn't surprise me if Gary and his cronies are ready to take over ownership again just for the purpose of keeping them in Arizona.

It’s possible the league will take control again but it won’t be to keep the team in Arizona. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that there’s been half a dozen cities connected to the NHL over the past 6 months.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I shouldn’t have to. The bias toward any US market out of Canada is as clear as day, especially when you circle around a team that’s struggling that was once a Canadian team.

Seravelli doesn’t know shit, he piggy backs off anyone he can and changes the narrative to favor it being negative for clicks. Players don’t want to play in Canada for many reasons and he fell on his face trying to defend that.

Look at the headlines out of Canada when it mentions the Arizona coyotes and then look at what that headline is actually reading, completely different. They don’t know anything. They don’t do their own journalism, they take pieces from other reports and create their own. It’s been called out many times by local reporters.

Yes, not paying bills on time is the Canadian media's fault.

Losing land and having various areas in Arizona not wanting to deal with the Coyotes is because of Canadian media manipulating things.

The Coyotes having to play in a 5,000 seat arena is because of... yup, you guessed it, Canadian media changing the narrative.

I'm sure you're a great fan, knowledgeable and everything. I'm sure there's thousands like you there, kn Arizona.

However, the situation with Arizona has been an absolute joke. Move them to Utah, or to Houston, or anywhere where things might work out.

Atlanta sucked and they didn't get as protected as this.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Please provide examples.

Seravelli is from Philly.

Again please provide examples.

If your going to make grand claims, such as "Canadian media has it out for Arizona" (including a Philly based reporter apparently) you need to provide something substantial to be taken seriously.

Right now it looks like you have an axe to grind against "Canadian media" and are clearly emotional on the subject.
Not emotional by any stretch, been dealing with it for 20 years and counting. Just shedding light on a piece that came out of a TSN writer.

Sure franks from Philly, he’s paid by a Canadian outlet.

Again, I’m not digging for you because personally I don’t care, I’ve already read em. Go on ahead and do your own work, I’m not doing it for you. If you don’t believe me, I really couldn’t care less. Carry on

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
Not emotional by any stretch, been dealing with it for 20 years and counting. Just shedding light on a piece that came out of a TSN writer.

Sure franks from Philly, he’s paid by a Canadian outlet.

Again, I’m not digging for you because personally I don’t care, I’ve already read em. Go on ahead and do your own work, I’m not doing it for you. If you don’t believe me, I really couldn’t care less. Carry on
I didn't know one could become Canadian by doing work for TSN! Frank also works for Bally Sports fwiw.

You are not digging because you don't have the info, thats ok. And you don't care, just gotta make sure everyone knows how annoyed you are by the Canadian media daring to talk about it...

Guess what SR? ESPN is also talking about the Arizona Coyotes uncertain future!

NHLPA's Walsh says Coyotes' arena limbo 'not the way to run a business'

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Your not digging because you don't have the info, thats ok. And you don't care, just gotta make sure everyone knows how annoyed you are by the Canadian media daring to talk about it...
I’m not digging because I’ve already seen it. Again, I don’t care if you choose to believe it or not. I’m not trying to win people over. Also, not annoyed, I’m used to it, it’s just funny how much spin they put on it to fit their hatred for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad