Last of the no visor breed

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Maybe the players who do it don't do it because it's "cool" but because they aren't used to it and it hurts their game. Not being mentally comfortable is bad while playing sports.
I personally never got used to wearing the full wire cage (I have a large noggin, and a long face thus I could never see the puck around my feet via peripheral vision, and always looked down while skating around)...To add I'm a bit of a heavy breather/sweaty kind of guy when I played, and even the plastic half shield constantly fogged up.

I wore contacts back then - if I were to join up with a men's beer league today - I'd look into wearing 'sports glasses'...A few guys I played with over the years wore them.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I personally never got used to wearing the full wire cage (I have a large noggin, and a long face thus I could never see the puck around my feet via peripheral vision, and always looked down while skating around)...To add I'm a bit of a heavy breather/sweaty kind of guy when I played, and even the plastic half shield constantly fogged up.

I wore contacts back then - if I were to join up with a men's beer league today - I'd look into wearing 'sports glasses'...A few guys I played with over the years wore them.

The old Horace Grant. I bet they become more popular moving forward.

horace-grant.jpg

Reactions: FMichael

Creativero

Jul 17, 2015
If construction workers don't wear helmets, maybe they will be safer on the job.

If we took seatbelts out of cars, maybe everyone will drive safer.
I know you’re being sarcastic but there is a study the showed cab drivers without anti-lock brakes drove slower and had an equal safety record compared to cab drivers with anti-lock break. I personally broke my collar bone the first day I skied with a helmet. People really do just aim for some natural equilibrium point for risk/reward.

8LX7psQ

Apr 13, 2010
I know you’re being sarcastic but there is a study the showed cab drivers without anti-lock brakes drove slower and had an equal safety record compared to cab drivers with anti-lock break. I personally broke my collar bone the first day I skied with a helmet. People really do just aim for some natural equilibrium point for risk/reward.

What you’re talking about is called Risk Compensation. It’s a thing. There is evidence to suggest seatbelts, bicycle helmet , safer parachutes, etc don’t in fact save more a lives as the safer you feel the more risk you are willing to take.

Risk compensation - Wikipedia

Reactions: LokiDog

SleepyJoeyB

Dec 26, 2019
Reactions: RosstheBoss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad