Last of the no visor breed

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Probably because there are more players with visors than players without visors.

Marc Savard has no visor when he got clipped by that super nice kid called Cooke.........................................

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Riddum and Hynh

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Adding Simmonds back, he took his off again

Goddammit Simmonds just make a decision and stick with it!

Interesting how some guys go back and forth though. I took my cage off for roller and ultimately decided to change back and just leave the cage on. It was a half season process. Odd that guys with infinitely more experience and skill can't decide "hmm, does this change my game for better or worse?" Almost wonder if it's a fighting thing in Simmonds case- more his role now and he doesn't like making dude's punch more helmet?

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Doodootheclown

Oct 24, 2011
DelCo
Goddammit Simmonds just make a decision and stick with it!

Interesting how some guys go back and forth though. I took my cage off for roller and ultimately decided to change back and just leave the cage on. It was a half season process. Odd that guys with infinitely more experience and skill can't decide "hmm, does this change my game for better or worse?" Almost wonder if it's a fighting thing in Simmonds case- more his role now and he doesn't like making dude's punch more helmet?
Hextall either strongly encouraged or mandated Simmonds to wear one. Now he's with the Devils I guess he wanted to go back to what he was used to.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
Notice players without visors rarely score goals? If you look at the top goal scorers last year, all visor wearers. Not wearing a visor saps offensive potential.
Lmao.. .. yeah, I guess Gretzky and messier never scored any goals. Neither has getzlaf. It’s a stupid rule, implemented to phase fighting out of the game. Nothing more.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Aight fellas, Kevsie here and lemme tell y'all some: visors f***ing suck, my mans. When a puck hits ya in the face, it is supposed to HURT. Now tell me, what's the point of blocking shots with your eyes and forehead, if it doesn't hurt? I'll wait...

Spade

Resident Tool
Mar 12, 2014
Digging a Hole
Lmao.. .. yeah, I guess Gretzky and messier never scored any goals. Neither has getzlaf. It’s a stupid rule, implemented to phase fighting out of the game. Nothing more.

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Nothing more.

Not like the league hasn't seen its fair share of broken orbital bones or gruesome eye injuries cutting short hockey careers of elite players like Bryan Berard or anything, no sir, it's strictly because they're using it as an indirect method to get rid of fighting.

I get it, when people spend their whole lives doing something and then have to change, it's hard to break that habit. But hockey players and particularly the ones who preach tradition are regularly unable to approve of decisions that are inherently designed to benefit their own health and then have the gall to pin the blame on their bosses or the system whenever someone inevitably gets hurt. If we're talking about tradition we should just go back to no helmets because punching a helmet hurts and the hockey figures from history like Mo Richards didn't wear them, it's just honorable.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
More people need the Herbie Raglan visor

Attachments

• 10937D9F-1A06-432F-B991-66B1C9EA3A3D.jpeg
    10937D9F-1A06-432F-B991-66B1C9EA3A3D.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Reaper45

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So from that list, who will be the last guy left without a visor? I'm not familiar with all those names, but maybe o'reilly?

He's still in his late 20s, and he still has the type of game which would be in demand to elongate his career when his production goes south.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
So from that list, who will be the last guy left without a visor? I'm not familiar with all those names, but maybe o'reilly?

He's still in his late 20s, and he still has the type of game which would be in demand to elongate his career when his production goes south.
Unless he takes a puck or stick to the eyeball.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I don't think Milan Lucic's nose would fit within a visor.

Have you seen Marchand?

I lol'd at a Zach Hyman vid recently- he was asked by some BarDown dudes if he'd go cage or visor- he said cage and cited beer league boys skating with their stick flying everywhere. Very true and somethin to consider if you play yourself, I remember wanting to go cageless in roller.. nah eff that, dude's wield their sticks like they're T-rexes with lightsabers on ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad