Last in the League

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
The Blackhawks and Kings are ****ing embarrassments. Get out of there. Can you imagine the Wings with Datsyuk and Zetterberg at age 30-31 fighting to stay out of last place? What’s wrong with them?
I haven't seen the Kings this season but it is baffling how a team with Kopitar, Doughty, Quick and Carter can be at the bottom of the league.

As for the Blackhawks, f*** them. :D

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
Whooooooooo boooy how long can we hold on to this?!?

Looking at the schedule March is more difficult than February. Quick someone tally the likely points from here on out for us and the bottom teams and their opponents.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I tend to believe what Khan writes about management. If he says Holland said that, then Holland said that. I have no reason not to believe him as he hasn't given me any reason not to.

I see no reason not to believe that John Tavares intended on staying on the Island last off-season. I mean, he totally said he wanted to.

It is a winner take all game of negotiation. You never say what you actually mean when it comes to trade negotiations.

I mean, in a different but similar vein, look at the injury reports during the playoffs and then look what actually comes out about injuries once the playoffs are over.

People in professional sports lie. They tell half-truths or things that are true from a certain point of view.

Anyone *****ing that Holland won’t trade Nyquist is doing so out of reflex or out of blind hatred for the man. The most recent actions of the team over the last few years indicate that they will listen heavily on him.

And honestly, with what Nyquist is doing statistically this year, a 2nd and a B prospect is an awful return for him, even as a rental.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I see no reason not to believe that John Tavares intended on staying on the Island last off-season. I mean, he totally said he wanted to.

It is a winner take all game of negotiation. You never say what you actually mean when it comes to trade negotiations.

I mean, in a different but similar vein, look at the injury reports during the playoffs and then look what actually comes out about injuries once the playoffs are over.

People in professional sports lie. They tell half-truths or things that are true from a certain point of view.

Anyone *****ing that Holland won’t trade Nyquist is doing so out of reflex or out of blind hatred for the man. The most recent actions of the team over the last few years indicate that they will listen heavily on him.

And honestly, with what Nyquist is doing statistically this year, a 2nd and a B prospect is an awful return for him, even as a rental.
John Tavares has nothing to do with Khan reporting on the Wings. As far as believing Nyquist won't get traded goes, I'm only going by what the article says and nothing else. And since I tend to believe what Khan reports, (like I said earlier, I have no reason to doubt him when it comes to front office reportings) that's what I will go by until otherwise proven wrong.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Hypothetically, we stay last and pick first overall.

Is Hughes the definite consensus #1?

Like McDavid, Dahlin, etc. Not saying he’s as good as them, but in terms of actual skill gap and talent. Is there an enormous difference between him and say Cozens, Dach, Kakko, Turcotte, etc? I haven’t watched any of them too much, I’ll be honest. Highlights only.

I don’t pay attention to the draft too much considering I’ve never witnessed the Wings pick anything in the top five for all of my life.

I still don’t expect 1OA

Last edited:

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit

Like McDavid, Dahlin, etc. Not saying he’s as good as them, but in terms of actual skill gap and talent. Is there an enormous difference between him and say Cozens, Dach, Kakko, etc?

I don’t pay attention to the draft too much considering I’ve never witnessed the Wings pick anything in the top five for all of my life.

It's not unanimous, but the consensus seems overwhelmingly for Hughes at first pick. I think if you pick among the top few, you should get a good one next draft.

If you finish in 31st place, your odds of drafting in the top three is almost even with your odds of picking fourth. So, if the Wings finish in last, then most likely they'll pick fourth, because the lower you finish, the more likely you are to be leapfrogged three times. (Please direct all complaints to the office of Gary Bettman!)

As consultation, finishing last would also give them the best odds at picking first, second or third, which is good because it leaves us a little sliver of hope to hold onto.

Last edited:

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
All of you tank crowd, what if we lose the lottery, pick fifth and end up with another Zadina who will need 2-3 years to ripen up in Grand Rapids. How much longer are we going to suck then? Just asking for an honest prediction.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

Like McDavid, Dahlin, etc. Not saying he’s as good as them, but in terms of actual skill gap and talent. Is there an enormous difference between him and say Cozens, Dach, Kakko, Turcotte, etc? I haven’t watched any of them too much, I’ll be honest. Highlights only.

I still don’t expect 1OA
Yes.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Come on guys, anyone who has watched Holland for the last 10 KNOWS there's no way he is ever trading Nyquist or Tatar.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00