Jan 12, 2009
xgoAgOc.jpg

Finally

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Why Holland wont sell Nyquist to the highest bidder is beyond me

There's no bidder yet.

Funny season, we have played a lot better hockey than year ago, but always lose at the end of 3rd period.

No extra points, nothing we would have easily deserved.

But I'll take that. Tank is on.

Reactions: 21 Savage

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
There's no bidder yet.

Funny season, we have played a lot better hockey than year ago, but always lose at the end of 3rd period.

No extra points, nothing we would have easily deserved.

But I'll take that. Tank is on.
But according to even Holland, he set the price so high that there will be no bidders.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
To me this season has gone better than expected

- a lot of the games are pretty exciting. The hockey is a lot sloppier than we were used to back from late 90s to early 2010s but a lot of our players are young and fast and the team has a lot of fight most nights

- young guys cracked the line up and are driving the bus for the most part

- team has been close to the bottom, which always sucks, but is a huge advantage in getting a great young player

These points are a huge contradiction to years past when retreads filled out the roster for season after season long after they were difference makers and the team was barely scraping into the playoffs. Holland and the rest of the front office have moved out expiring deals and guys who no longer fit longer term and it seems like the roster is finally "resetting" for lack of a better word. I am optimistic about the cycle of a rebuild and as much as it sucks to be the worst team statistically right now, these bottom of the barrel finishes can end up giving the franchise a really special player.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
In the case of Gus, Ken is justified in waiting until closer to the TDL to move him. Gus is not the top rental winger on the market, so the best offers for him won’t come until teams swing and miss on guys like Simmonds.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
In the case of Gus, Ken is justified in waiting until closer to the TDL to move him. Gus is not the top rental winger on the market, so the best offers for him won’t come until teams swing and miss on guys like Simmonds.
I understand that, but what I'm saying is that Holland already made up his mind in only trading him if its a first. What I'm saying is he should be willing to trade him for a 2nd + or whatever he can get for him.

A II R

Jun 2, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I understand that, but what I'm saying is that Holland already made up his mind in only trading him if its a first. What I'm saying is he should be willing to trade him for a 2nd + or whatever he can get for him.

Holland's already made up his mind? Where do people get this stuff?

Perhaps he should come out and say "I'll take whatever I can get for Nyquist." That's a great bargaining position.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Exactly.

Also, can you imagine: Holland gets an offer for a 2nd and a good prospect - but he rejects it because he once told a beat writer on background that he wants a first.
No, he rejects it because he would rather re-sign him as the article states

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->