Music: Last Album You Listened to and Rate It II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel (1998) - Utterly boring and unengaging. There were a few songs that I liked and added unto my spotify playlist and I can't even remember their names. Modern folk music (and even 60s folk to a certain extent) really isn't my cup of tea at this point. Will probably end up trying it again sometime soon, considering the acclaim.

Low by David Bowie (1977) - Excellent, albeit with a couple of misfires (I tend to find Bowie hit and miss, personally), with Warszawa being the most striking one IMO, despite the Eno connection. I was blown away by the instrumental tracks, though, with that subtle electronic sound that serves as a tasteful pinch of salt under the layers of rather straight-forward and dominant rock arrangements. Speed of Life and A New Career in a New Town are my favorites.
I think that Station to Station is easily my favorite Bowie, followed by Low. I largely prefer his German-influenced era over his Ziggy Stardust one.

I don't know if I'm out to lunch about this, but I've always reacted to "Golden Years" like it was the thematic inverse of "Golden Hours". Not as good of course, but (at least from what I gathered) one seems to be vaguely about how the best is yet to come, don't worry so much, you're just coming into your prime, and the other seems to be vaguely about coming out of your prime, slowing down and waking to the realization that your best years are behind you. The two albums came out a few months apart, and the two musicians worked together a year after that, so I wonder if that was what Bowie was going for-- like a playful tribute/response or something.

Last edited:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I think that Station to Station is easily my favorite Bowie, followed by Low. I largely prefer his German-influenced era over his Ziggy Stardust one.

I don't know if I'm out to lunch about this, but I've always reacted to "Golden Years" like it was the thematic inverse of "Golden Hours". Not as good of course, but (at least from what I gathered) one seems to be vaguely about how the best is yet to come, don't worry so much, you're just coming into your prime, and the other seems to be vaguely about coming out of your prime, slowing down and waking to the realization that your best years are behind you. The two albums came out a few months apart, and the two musicians worked together a year after that, so I wonder if that was what Bowie was going for-- like a playful tribute/response or something.

Eh, there's not a single Bowie album that I've listened to that I felt was flawless/without a sore point but I prefer Low and some of his early works ahead of Station to Station.

And yeah, it's an astute observation in regards to the two songs - and I doubt it was intentional considering Bowie has a lot of hopeful songs in general - but I think Golden Hours isn't as soft/low-energy as a listener could think it is (I find it incredibly sugary sweet) and it's lyrics are a lot more explosive and reflective than Bowie's in regards to the two songs. Bowie's feel a lot more bubblegum.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Eh, there's not a single Bowie album that I've listened to that I felt was flawless/without a sore point but I prefer Low and some of his early works ahead of Station to Station.

And yeah, it's an astute observation in regards to the two songs - and I doubt it was intentional considering Bowie has a lot of hopeful songs in general - but I think Golden Hours isn't as soft/low-energy as a listener could think it is (I find it incredibly sugary sweet) and it's lyrics are a lot more explosive and reflective than Bowie's in regards to the two songs. Bowie's feel a lot more bubblegum.
Oh yeah, I don't think that Bowie's capable of matching that same level of songwriting either, it feels like a fun lighthearted poke, but it's a connection that I've always made between the two. I like Hunky Dory, too.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Got some records from friends for my birthday.

How I Got Over by The Roots (2010) - The instrumentals are great but it's a record that feels like it has too much rapping on it (and not very enthralling rap) that takes away the attention that should be focused on the well-made compositions. I still enjoyed it a lot.

Favorite tracks: A Peace of Light, The Day and Hustla.

The Anthology by A Tribe Called Quest (1999) - Brilliant. Could listen to Phife Dawg and Q-Tip rhyme all day and love the more cheeky songs like I Left My Wallet in El Segundo as well as the more seductive songs like Bonita Applebum and Electric Relaxation, which often make me drift as I walk with my headphones on.

Here Come the Warm Jets by Brian Eno (1974) - A friend had bought me Room on Fire by The Strokes, which I already owned. He gave me the receipt so I went to the record store, added a little bit of money and got HCTWJ. On a practical term, it's annoying that this one is sold as a double album and I can't understand why considering the amount of songs and their lenghts and it is annoying to have to change the side every two-three songs. With that said, it's a nearly flawless record and it's often hard to decide which one is the best between this one, Taking Tiger Mountain and Another Green World. The only song on this one I don't care much for is Driving Me Backwards. But outside of that, this record is so much fun with it's experimental bouncy sounds, Eno's singular, almost snobbish voice used perfectly to complement the cheeky lyrics along with the whimsical one's.

Favorite tracks: The Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch, On Some Faraway Beach, Baby's on Fire and Cindy Tells Me.

Top 10 favorite Eno tracks:

1- Golden Hours (Another Green World)
2- The Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch (Here Come the Warm Jets)
3- Burning Airlines Give You so Much More (Taking Tiger Mountain)
4- Third Uncle (Taking Tiger Mountain)
5- Another Green World (Another Green World)
6- On Some Faraway Beach (Here Come the Warm Jets)
7- Spinning Away with John Cale (Wrong Way Up)
8- Mother Whale Eyeless (Taking Tiger Moutain)
9- Baby's on Fire (Here Come the Warm Jets)
10- Kurt's Rejoinder (Before and After Science)

With that said, while I like certain individual pieces of art more than any Eno individual album, I struggle to think of a more significant artistic achievement than his mid 70s three-peat. Releasing three masterpieces within a bit more than a year and a half (January '74 to September '75) is dangerously unreal.

Last edited:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Treasure by Cocteau Twins (1984) - Didn't get much more out of it this time. I like the band and this one's highly acclaimed, but this one feels like it converges into one in a way that is not satisfying but only repetitive in a bland way. Still, Lorelei is one of my favorite Cocteau Twins songs. It's so great. Aloysius is great too. The repetitive, dreamy soft screech intro before the percussion and vocals begin is perfect.

Heaven or Las Vegas by Cocteau Twins (1990) - Their best album, from what I've heard of them. Sonically, it feels like the band explored a little bit more and while it drifts in a more pure pop direction at times, I think it mashes well with the previous delicate and seawave-like sound they use so much and creates an album that feels a lot more whole and realized, Cherry-Coloured Funk is definitely my favorite Cocteau Twins song.

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I wish side 2 of Low was more like side 1. Then it would be the perfect album.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
With that said, while I like certain individual pieces of art more than any Eno individual album, I struggle to think of a more significant artistic achieve than his mid 70s three-peat. Releasing three masterpieces within a bit more than a year and a half (January '74 to September '75) is dangerously unreal.
I think that Dylan's three peak albums came in about that short of a time span as well (Bringing it all Back Home --> Highway 61 Revisited --> Blonde on Blonde between March 22, 1965 and May 16, 1966), although I agree that Eno's three albums are stronger.

You could arguably give the edge to Dylan because he also recorded the Manchester Free Trade Concert on May 17, 1966 (Bootleg Series Vol. 4), which, for my money, is stronger than any of the Dylan studio albums.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Rubber Soul>Revolver>Sgt Pepper's>Magical Mystery Tour were all within two years.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Just listened to Randy Bachman's new album, remakes of George Harrison songs. Mostly good and until you hear the lyrics, the songs are unrecognisable, some will even surprise you by their differences from the originals. *** 1/2.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I think that Dylan's three peak albums came in about that short of a time span as well (Bringing it all Back Home --> Highway 61 Revisited --> Blonde on Blonde between March 22, 1965 and May 16, 1966), although I agree that Eno's three albums are stronger.

You could arguably give the edge to Dylan because he also recorded the Manchester Free Trade Concert on May 17, 1966 (Bootleg Series Vol. 4), which, for my money, is stronger than any of the Dylan studio albums.

Yeah, but would you give that live album more consideration than any of Eno's first three records? Perhaps I'm biased as I don't like folk music all that much but it does feel like Bob Dylan did not challenge himself as much as Brian Eno did on his first three records and excel is as many different styles. I mean, Eno is as proficient at making you reflect as he is at making you forget about life and giving you bouncy quirky song to dance to. The range between the two is enormous and Eno, in a year and a half, made three albums who are distinct of one another but just as satisfying depending on your mood. I don't think Dylan ever reached the heights of that reach and I do think it's an important distinction to make. Dylan excels at one contextual form whereas Eno takes you all around the map without ever feeling trite, proficient at every emotion within less than 24 months. I mean, listen to Dali's Car by Eno (a live album) and you see him taking a song like The Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch and have it become the evil twin brother of the original take but just as interesting and insightful. The live version competes against itself with no competitor by any other artist.

Last edited:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, but would you give that live album more consideration than any of Eno's first three records? Perhaps I'm biased as I don't like folk music all that much but it does feel like Bob Dylan did not challenge himself as much as Brian Eno did on his first three records and excel is as many different styles. I mean, Eno is as proficient at making you reflect as he is at making you forget about life and giving you bouncy quirky song to dance to. The range between the two is enormous and Eno, in a year and a half, made three albums who are distinct of one another but just as satisfying depending on your mood. I don't think Dylan ever reached the heights of that reach and I do think it's an important distinction to make. Dylan excels at one contextual form whereas Eno takes you all around the map without ever feeling trite, proficient at every emotion within less than 24 months. I mean, listen to Dali's Car by Eno (a live album) and you see him taking a song like The Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch and have it become the evil twin brother of the original take but just as interesting and insightful. The live version competes against itself with no competitor by any other artist.
I currently prefer Bootleg 4: Live 1966 over Here Come the Warm Jets and feel that it's on par with the other two, personally. The first half is beautiful and contains some of his best performances of his best songs, and there's this great combative/adversarial energy to the second half that feels alive and exhilarating to me (almost like he's airing his frustrations by flipping off/tuning out the audience)-- There's a circumstantial magic to it that I haven't really gotten from anything else. I love the general insanity of Here Come The Warm Jets, but I have some minor reservations about it (Driving Me Backwards and Baby's On Fire doesn't grab me as much as the other tracks).

But I agree with what you're saying about Eno's stretch being more interesting and wide-reaching overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: kihei and Amerika

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Here Come the Warm Jets by Brian Eno (1974) - A friend had bought me Room on Fire by The Strokes, which I already owned. He gave me the receipt so I went to the record store, added a little bit of money and got HCTWJ. On a practical term, it's annoying that this one is sold as a double album and I can't understand why considering the amount of songs and their lenghts and it is annoying to have to change the side every two-three songs. With that said, it's a nearly flawless record and it's often hard to decide which one is the best between this one, Taking Tiger Mountain and Another Green World. The only song on this one I don't care much for is Driving Me Backwards. But outside of that, this record is so much fun with it's experimental bouncy sounds, Eno's singular, almost snobbish voice used perfectly to complement the cheeky lyrics along with the whimsical one's.
Btw, it just clicked with me what you're describing-- You must have bought these:

Brian Eno Solo Albums To Be Reissued On Half-Speed Mastered Vinyl

In short, a higher number of shorter-length discs enables better sound quality capabilities. These are specialty items for audiophile listeners who are willing to take the inconvenience tradeoff.

Last edited:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Listening to The Hearpen Singles by Pere Ubu after realizing that I've never heard the singles before, and it's pretty great.

Some movement:

Rockers Meets King Tubby Uptown by Augustus Pablo - 5.0 (Masterpiece)
Spirit of Eden by Talk Talk - 5.0 (Masterpiece)
Nevermind the Bollocks by Sex Pistols - 4.5 (Brilliant)
Opposite People by Fela Kuti - 4.5 (Brilliant)
Low by David Bowie - 4.5 (Brilliant)

Dub Housing by Pere Ubu - 3.5 (Great)

The only thing that holds it back for me is the track "Drinking Wine Spodyody", which is mostly good, but I hate that part where a background voice interjects with "Real strain could be evident-- Metaphysics would be provident-- I'd sure to be obedient-- I'd love to be penitent." I don't know why but the effect just sounds so corny, cringy, and beneath them, to my ears. An unfortunate bit of an otherwise incredible album.

Station to Station by David Bowie - 4.0 (Flawless)

Updated Favorite Albums:
1. Lick My Decals Off Baby by Captain Beefheart
2. Tago Mago by Can
3. Interstellar Space by John Coltrane
4. Possible Musics by Jon Hassell
5. White Light White Heat (Mono) by The Velvet Underground
6. Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy by Brian Eno
7. Selected Ambient Works II by Aphex Twin
8. Bootleg 4: Live 1966 by Bob Dylan
9. The Ascension by Glenn Branca
10. The Shape of Jazz to Come by Ornette Coleman
11. The Velvet Underground & Nico (Mono) by The Velvet Underground
12. Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart
13. Another Green World by Brian Eno
14. Metal Box by Public Image Ltd.
15. Ambient 4: On Land by Brian Eno
16. Third by Soft Machine
17. The Complete Live at the Plugged Nickel by Miles Davis Quintet
18. Spiritual Unity by Albert Ayler
19. Kind of Blue by Miles Davis
20. Future Days by Can
21. Outside the Dream Syndicate by Tony Conrad & Faust
22. Here Come the Warm Jets by Brian Eno
23. Live at the It Club by Thelonious Monk
24. Atlantis by Sun Ra
25. A Love Supreme by John Coltrane
26. Point of Departure by Andrew Hill
27. Music For 18 Musicians by Steve Reich
28. In a Silent Way by Miles Davis
29. B*tches Brew by Miles Davis
30. Revolver (Mono) by The Beatles
31. Animals by Pink Floyd
32. King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown by Augustus Pablo
33. Bringing it All Back Home (Mono) by Bob Dylan
34. Faust by Faust
35. Neu!2 (Side A Only) by Neu!
36. The Velvet Underground (Closet Mix) by The Velvet Underground
37. Unit Structures by Cecil Taylor
38. The Real McCoy by McCoy Tyner
39. After Bathing at Baxter's by Jefferson Airplane
40. Complete Village Vanguard Recordings by John Coltrane
41. The Modern Dance by Pere Ubu
42. Spirit of Eden by Talk Talk
43. Closer by Joy Division
44. Complete Village Vanguard Recordings by Bill Evans Trio
45. Loveless (2012 Alternate Mix) by My Bloody Valentine
46. Out to Lunch by Eric Dolphy
47. Rock Bottom by Robert Wyatt
48. Free Jazz by Ornette Coleman
49. Remain in Light by Talking Heads
50. Structures From Silence by Steve Roach
51. Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division
52. The Black Saint and Sinner Lady by Charles Mingus
53. Highway 61 Revisited (Mono) by Bob Dylan
54. Brilliant Corners by Thelonious Monk
55. The Beatles (Mono) by The Beatles
56. Ambient 1: Music For Airports by Brian Eno
57. E2-E4 by Manuel Gottsching
58. Plastic Ono Band by John Lennon
59. Three Ragas by Ravi Shankar
60. Portrait in Jazz by Bill Evans Trio
61. Dream Theory in Malaya by Jon Hassell
62. Ege Bamyasi by Can
63. Rubber Soul (Mono) by The Beatles
64. Safe as Milk by Captain Beefheart
65. Marquee Moon by Television

Last edited:
Reactions: Hippasus

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Nice to see Spirit of Eden shooting up. What are your standout tracks on the album?

Virtue by The Voidz (2018) - I had always liked Tyranny more than other people but Virtue blows it out of the water. While not perfect, this one feels like the band got their experimental streak a lot more under control and while still messy, there's a certain order to it that was missing from parts of Tyranny and the tracks feels a lot less like a musical palette that was left to it's own devices. But damn if Casablancas doesn't have the coolest voice in rock music. Love the direction he takes his vocals in and he's probably got the greatest melodic ear since the turn of the century. With that said, some of the more heavier/metal tracks didn't do it for me. Still an excellent work.

Favorite tracks: Pink Ocean, Wink, Pointlessness, Leave It In My Dreams.

Last edited:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
51CgLiBjk5L._SS500.jpg

Have just listened to the first cut of the first CD (of four), but if John Coltrane's virile, exuberant, massively imaginative solo on All of You is any indication, this could be a monster recording.

Reactions: timbermen

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I was bored so here's a very roughly compiled list of my 25 favourite songs as of right now.

1. The Beach Boys - Heroes and Villains | The Smile Sessions (2011)
2. Sweet Trip - Velocity | velocity:design:comfort. (2003)
3. The Beach Boys - God Only Knows | Pet Sounds (1966)
4. The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever | Magical Mystery Tour (1967)
5. CAN - Halleluhwah | Tago Mago (1971)
6. Sweet Trip - International | velocity:design:comfort. (2003)
7. El-P - Tuned Mass Damper | Fantastic Damage (2002)
8. Miles Davis - Spanish Key | Bitches Brew (1970)
9. Madvillain - All Caps | Madvillainy (2004)
10. The Velvet Underground - Sister Ray | White Light/White Heat (1968)
11. GZA - Living In The World Today | Liquid Swords (1995)
12. Radiohead - How To Disappear Completely | Kid A (2000)
13. The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows | Revolver (1996)
14. Nas featuring Q-Tip - One Love | Illmatic (1994)
15. My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow | Loveless (1991)
16. Neutral Milk Hotel - Oh Comely | In The Aeroplane Over the Sea (1998)
17. The Beach Boys - Caroline, No | Pet Sounds (1966)
18. Radiohead - Bodysnatchers | In Rainbows (2007)
19. Raekwon - Incarcerated Scarfaces | Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... (1995)
20. Madvillain featuring MED - Raid | Madvillainy (2004)
21. Cannibal Ox featuring El-P - Ridiculoid | The Cold Vein (2001)
22. The Beatles - I'm Only Sleeping | Revolver (1966)
23. Jon Hassell & Brian Eno - Chemistry | Fourth World Vol. 1: Possible Musics (1980)
24. Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Pts. 6-9) | Wish You Were Here (1975)
25. The Beach Boys - Surf's Up | The Smile Sessions (2011)

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I was bored so here's a very roughly compiled list of my 25 favourite songs as of right now.

8. Miles Davis - Spanish Key | *****es Brew (1970)
23. Jon Hassell & Brian Eno - Chemistry | Fourth World Vol. 1: Possible Musics (1980)
24. Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Pts. 6-9) | Wish You Were Here (1975)
Nice. Aside from the hip-hop stuff, I noticed that we seem to have some overlaps. Ever get into Neu! or Faust? Seems like it would be up your alley.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Nice. Aside from the hip-hop stuff, I noticed that we seem to have some overlaps. Ever get into Neu! or Faust? Seems like it would be up your alley.
Yes I've been listening to some albums you've recommended in the past and I've liked a lot of them! I've heard of those two groups but haven't dived deep into their stuff yet, I'll check them out soon.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Yes I've been listening to some albums you've recommended in the past and I've liked a lot of them! I've heard of those two groups but haven't dived deep into their stuff yet, I'll check them out soon.
Oh cool, I didn't know that.

Neu! is just about the coolest thing ever, if repetition doesn't bother you (which seems to be the case).

I'd recommend sampling stuff like this first.

NEU! - "Lila Engel (Lilac Angel)"
Faust - Picnic on a Frozen River, Deuxième Tableau
faust- krautrock

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey 48

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

8. Miles Davis - Spanish Key | *****es Brew (1970)

Noticed in the other thread you liked Virtue by The Voidz. Which songs did you like? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts about the album.

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
Listening to The Hearpen Singles by Pere Ubu after realizing that I've never heard the singles before, and it's pretty great.

Some movement:

Rockers Meets King Tubby Uptown by Augustus Pablo - 5.0 (Masterpiece)
Spirit of Eden by Talk Talk - 5.0 (Masterpiece)
Nevermind the Bollocks by Sex Pistols - 4.5 (Brilliant)
Opposite People by Fela Kuti - 4.5 (Brilliant)
Low by David Bowie - 4.5 (Brilliant)

Dub Housing by Pere Ubu - 3.5 (Great)

The only thing that holds it back for me is the track "Drinking Wine Spodyody", which is mostly good, but I hate that part where a background voice interjects with "Real strain could be evident-- Metaphysics would be provident-- I'd sure to be obedient-- I'd love to be penitent." I don't know why but the effect just sounds so corny, cringy, and beneath them, to my ears. An unfortunate bit of an otherwise incredible album.

Station to Station by David Bowie - 4.0 (Flawless)

Updated Favorite Albums:
1. Lick My Decals Off Baby by Captain Beefheart
2. Tago Mago by Can
3. Interstellar Space by John Coltrane
4. Possible Musics by Jon Hassell
5. White Light White Heat (Mono) by The Velvet Underground
6. Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy by Brian Eno
7. Selected Ambient Works II by Aphex Twin
8. Bootleg 4: Live 1966 by Bob Dylan
9. The Ascension by Glenn Branca
10. The Shape of Jazz to Come by Ornette Coleman
11. The Velvet Underground & Nico (Mono) by The Velvet Underground
12. Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart
13. Another Green World by Brian Eno
14. Metal Box by Public Image Ltd.
15. Ambient 4: On Land by Brian Eno
16. Third by Soft Machine
17. The Complete Live at the Plugged Nickel by Miles Davis Quintet
18. Spiritual Unity by Albert Ayler
19. Kind of Blue by Miles Davis
20. Future Days by Can
21. Outside the Dream Syndicate by Tony Conrad & Faust
22. Here Come the Warm Jets by Brian Eno
23. Live at the It Club by Thelonious Monk
24. Atlantis by Sun Ra
25. A Love Supreme by John Coltrane
26. Point of Departure by Andrew Hill
27. Music For 18 Musicians by Steve Reich
28. In a Silent Way by Miles Davis
29. B*tches Brew by Miles Davis
30. Revolver (Mono) by The Beatles
31. Animals by Pink Floyd
32. King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown by Augustus Pablo
33. Bringing it All Back Home (Mono) by Bob Dylan
34. Faust by Faust
35. Neu!2 (Side A Only) by Neu!
36. The Velvet Underground (Closet Mix) by The Velvet Underground
37. Unit Structures by Cecil Taylor
38. The Real McCoy by McCoy Tyner
39. After Bathing at Baxter's by Jefferson Airplane
40. Complete Village Vanguard Recordings by John Coltrane
41. The Modern Dance by Pere Ubu
42. Spirit of Eden by Talk Talk
43. Closer by Joy Division
44. Complete Village Vanguard Recordings by Bill Evans Trio
45. Loveless (2012 Alternate Mix) by My Bloody Valentine
46. Out to Lunch by Eric Dolphy
47. Rock Bottom by Robert Wyatt
48. Free Jazz by Ornette Coleman
49. Remain in Light by Talking Heads
50. Structures From Silence by Steve Roach
51. Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division
52. The Black Saint and Sinner Lady by Charles Mingus
53. Highway 61 Revisited (Mono) by Bob Dylan
54. Brilliant Corners by Thelonious Monk
55. The Beatles (Mono) by The Beatles
56. Ambient 1: Music For Airports by Brian Eno
57. E2-E4 by Manuel Gottsching
58. Plastic Ono Band by John Lennon
59. Three Ragas by Ravi Shankar
60. Portrait in Jazz by Bill Evans Trio
61. Dream Theory in Malaya by Jon Hassell
62. Ege Bamyasi by Can
63. Rubber Soul (Mono) by The Beatles
64. Safe as Milk by Captain Beefheart
65. Marquee Moon by Television

I've been going through many of your favourite albums for quite some time now, and I've got to say the batting average is pretty high. I do remember that you had the Sex Pistols album pretty low before, so I wonder what made it shoot up for you that high. Personally, I'm glad you came around on it since it's one of my favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad