Las Vegas Bellemare Hit On Kings Kyle Clifford

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Yeah one of the few from the cry wolf generation that probably merits a couple of games especially seeing as the refs missed it cause Clifford somehow stays on his feet, hit the head and nothing but the head from the blindside

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Surprised it took this long for someone to make a thread about it. I wasn't going to, naturally.

But yes this deserves a couple of games, I don't think he was deliberately targeting the head, but it's definitely where he made contact.

How long does it usually take before DoPS decides whether they are going to have a phone hearing?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Is there another angle? That looks like he went through his chest and the head contact wasn't avoidable.

Reactions: MS

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
definitely 2-3 games worthy but wouldn't be surprised if there's no discipline because its vegas.

Sounding like you're right.

Doughty gets one playoff game for (fill in the blanks), Bellemare gets nothing because (fill in the blanks)

The real unfortunate thing is Cliffords going on 5, 6? concussions, that may be a career, sadly when he was playing as well as he ever has.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Left the game on concussion protocol and did not return. Has a history of concussions and did not leave on the road trip with the Kings. And not even a hearing or any disciplinary action? Probably not Bellemare's intent, but this is not okay. This kind of play could be career ending with his history, yet no penalty during the game and no supplementary action?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I have a feeling that if Clifford fell instead of staying on his feet, then there would have been supplemental discipline.

Not saying that i agree with that, but it is just my gut feeling as to why there might not be any supplemental discipline.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Definitely deserved at least one game. I will never subscribe to the idea that there's some league conspiracy to protect the Knights, but this is pretty ridiculous.

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Definitely deserved at least one game. I will never subscribe to the idea that there's some league conspiracy to protect the Knights, but this is pretty ridiculous.
Yeah lets face it, every a team is the wheel of justice... maybe we just have good luck with the wheel of justice.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017

I don't think they are trying to protect any single NHL team.
But ya, damn, that was a game at least.

I don't have the ability to do it, but these topics come up ALL the time on this board. Someone should "stitch" them together, and try and figure out WTF DoPS is doing.
We all know they are inconsistent. But why.

Reactions: KINGS17 and HanSolo

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Clifford turn in towards Bellemare is probably what got him off. Bellemare had Clifford lined up and then there was a late change that put Clifford in a tough spot. I could have seen a game, but I also see why he might get 0

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah lets face it, every a team is the wheel of justice... maybe we just have good luck with the wheel of justice.
Probably won't forever. I can agree with not suspending Reaves after they didn't suspend Wilson, but this is pretty unconscionable. If the league wants to crack down on hits to the head they need to be consistent.

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Clifford turn in towards Bellemare is probably what got him off.
Sometimes I have the maturity of a 12 year old :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

But I don't understand... is precedent only valid for the one season, and the next season it's something new entirely.

Though I wish they would say what they saw to say no further action...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad