Las Vegas Bellemare Hit On Kings Kyle Clifford

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I think George Parros is only employee in DoPS. That's why so many fails.
tenor.gif

actually this is way more relevant than I meant it to be. If you're not one of the ~6 big names on the wall, and you don't do something identical to anything they've recently done, you're all good.

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
I really hope Clifford is okay, short term and long term. Man, it sucks to read about his history of head injuries. Such a shitty hit. Doubt it was intentional. It is so god damn frustrating, in regards to this league inconsistency.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It takes a lot more for the league to suspend one of their own.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I really hope Clifford is okay, short term and long term. Man, it sucks to read about his history of head injuries. Such a ****ty hit. Doubt it was intentional. It is so god damn frustrating, in regards to this league inconsistency.
Bellemare has done questionable plays against the Kings before. That's why doubt goes out the window.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Bellemare has done questionable plays against the Kings before. That's why doubt goes out the window.
Most of Vegas' bottom six is full of lowkey trash between Reaves, Bellemare, and Carrier, so that's not really surprising. Guess McPhee spent a lot of his scouting time finding guys who could teeter on the line and let the league pretend to do the rest.

Reactions: Drakon

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
No suspension. That's no different or worse than like 5 hits off the top of my head that didn't get a suspension just in the past week...

Dumba on Backlund
Johnson on Steen
Kunitz elbow on Hamonic
Crosby taking 2 elbows from Smith and White

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Wow, Clifford took that like a champ. Surprised he stayed on his feet.

If that had happened to Karlson or the other punk on Vegas , they'd have been layed out flailing around in pain. And you know damn straight a major would've been called!

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
notice how Clifford doesn't go down. it makes me wonder if all these players that go down so easily are diving or maybe years of face punching has desensitized Clifford..

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Most of Vegas' bottom six is full of lowkey trash between Reaves, Bellemare, and Carrier, so that's not really surprising. Guess McPhee spent a lot of his scouting time finding guys who could teeter on the line and let the league pretend to do the rest.
TIL also learned a fourth line having 15 of a team's 91 goals is trash.

Reactions: hangman005

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
TIL scoring makes you an upstanding citizen.

Penny for your thoughts on Dustin Brown? ;) or Tom Wilson!
The post read to me like, aside from being dirty, they're talentless. Wasn't exactly the scope of my point.

I mean, I'll give you Carrier and Reaves, those two love hitting more than they love scoring. Carrier especially has crossed the line a number of times with some of his hits, Reaves a little less so. But Bellemare is typically pretty well behaved. Just goes out there and plays hockey.

This was a pretty shocking thing to see and the above point by no means makes what he did okay. But I think it's worth mentioning that he usually doesn't play like that. And as to the rest of the post, there's still another half to the bottom 6 with the third line of Nosek, Carpenter, and Lindberg who don't even really play physical hockey so the quoted post is misinformed on that front.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Bellemare had him lind up and then Clifford changed directions and his body completely opened up to Bellemare

I've expressed my confusion and frustration that this hit did not merit at least a hearing but after reading what you said, I had a look at it again and I think you are right.

If you look at Clifford's skates, it's clear that he takes a substantial turn in the last 3-4 feet of travel prior to contact and completely changes his body angle, turning what would have been a shoulder-to-shoulder hit into a shoulder-to-head.

I think it was a risky approach angle and it carried a high risk of something going wrong. For that reason, I would like to see it penalized on the ice with a major penalty but I don't believe it deserves a suspension.

Reactions: JBeast and Pia8988

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad