Larsson back in line up ?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Team's full right now. Too full. Greene, Fayne, Volchenkov, Salvador, Zidlicky, Gelinas, and Merrill are all healthy and have all been dressed the past two games. That situation needs to figure itself out before Larsson is called up. Right now Merrill's pretty much the only guy who Larsson can replace in the lineup.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Team's full right now. Too full. Greene, Fayne, Volchenkov, Salvador, Zidlicky, Gelinas, and Merrill are all healthy and have all been dressed the past two games. That situation needs to figure itself out before Larsson is called up. Right now Merrill's pretty much the only guy who Larsson can replace in the lineup.

Larsson is better than at least half of those guys.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Larsson is better than at least half of those guys.

I don't disagree, not even a little bit. But Greene, Fayne, and Zidlicky are locks. At least one of Volchenkov and Salvador is a lock I think, Deboer seems pretty high on Merrill so far, and if anyone tries to send down Gelinas again they should be shot. He's had his rough stretches, but Zidlicky simply can't be the only guy bring offense from the backend anymore. And lord help us if Harrold's ever called on to do that again.

It's rough going right now, especially if the team is winning, despite how bad they might look doing it. It's not often you find an NHL coach that shuffles the lineup of a team that's been winning. Hopefully Lou's trying to open up some space. It's clearly time for a youth movement on D, but the question is how difficult it's gonna be to make room without handicapping the team by taking bad contracts back or shipping out incentives for a cap/roster space dump.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't disagree, not even a little bit. But Greene, Fayne, and Zidlicky are locks. At least one of Volchenkov and Salvador is a lock I think, Deboer seems pretty high on Merrill so far, and if anyone tries to send down Gelinas again they should be shot. He's had his rough stretches, but Zidlicky simply can't be the only guy bring offense from the backend anymore. And lord help us if Harrold's ever called on to do that again.

It's rough going right now, especially if the team is winning, despite how bad they might look doing it. It's not often you find an NHL coach that shuffles the lineup of a team that's been winning. Hopefully Lou's trying to open up some space. It's clearly time for a youth movement on D, but the question is how difficult it's gonna be to make room without handicapping the team by taking bad contracts back or shipping out incentives for a cap/roster space dump.

I think both of Volchenkov and Salvador are a lock. I also think once Junior gets back to being able to play, someone will likely sit for him. It was Fayne earlier in the year.

BUT Petey Jr was actually scratched at one point when he was healthy, but not for long.

MountainGoat

Larsson will probably go in for Merrill, unless Fayne gets traded for a top 6 forward

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I still find it absolutely hilarious, that a few months ago, Fayne was pretty much glued to the player suits and now that were fully healthy, he doesn't leave the lineup at all, even when there is a better option in Albany. That is some assbackwards ****.

goawaygary*

It's really Salvador who should go. The team didn't miss him when he was hurt, and he's old. But he's Lou's precious captain. I'd be pretty pissed if we let Fayne go because he's still relatively young and will likely turn himself into a solid #4 defenseman somewhere else like Willie Mitchell

Fayne's trade value isn't super high now. We'd get a bottom 6 forward for him right now. Probably a grinder with a little bit of offensive punch or a reclamation project. Fayne to Edmonton for Ryan Jones. Something like that

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I still find it absolutely hilarious, that a few months ago, Fayne was pretty much glued to the player suits and now that were fully healthy, he doesn't leave the lineup at all, even when there is a better option in Albany. That is some assbackwards ****.

Andy Greene is your answer.

Why break up a successful pairing. Fayne is doing his job, and those two play well together.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Fayne's one of two guys I absolutely wouldn't want Larsson to bump out. Greene with Larsson's worked at times, but it was pretty scary early this season. Greene with Fayne is a legitimate top pairing that tends to come out ahead against the best players in the world. Those two just seem to be perfect for each other.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised to see tomorrow morning or before the game starts, that Larsson was brought to Newark by Albany on the way to Atlantic City.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Gelly be sent on his way with Albany sadly.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I wouldn't be surprised to see tomorrow morning or before the game starts, that Larsson was brought to Newark by Albany on the way to Atlantic City.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Gelly be sent on his way with Albany sadly.

It's disappointing but Gely has not been playing the most responsible hockey and the offense that made it acceptable has dried up. Teams adjusted to him but he want adjusted to them

I think long term he will be fine but right now offense is low. One defensemen isn't going to change that right now. So we need more responsible shut down defensemen to protect leads. Merrill Larrson and Fayne lately are more trust worthy then Gely.

If we were tanking the season then ya let all the kids play no worries about mistakes but that's not what is going on.

I think this will get sorted out at some point. Either Fayne in a small trade or Larsson in a big trade will clear the way.

Old guys aren't going anywhere. Outside of Zids they aren't worth anything to abyone.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
If Larsson gets traded this team is ****ed. He's scored at a higher PPG rate in the AHL than Gelinas has, not including his 4 points in 2 games so far this season. Merrill's actually scored higher than both. Obviously that's not super predictive since Gelinas's the only guy with a substantial sample of games played, but I think it gives a good idea of the talent we're looking at on D right now. Those three guys have the potential to give the Devils an outstanding group of young defensemen.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
Larsson gelinas and Merrill should not be traded by any means for any reason. But Lou is a moron so I'm sure one of those three will be dealt. **** we waited so long for a return to form on defense with this young talent.....and we're handcuffing ourselves so ****ing sal can play. Eat many dicks Pete/Lou.

Buckingham Claude*

Larsson is better than every one of them except Greene and defensively better than Zidlicky.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Larsson gelinas and Merrill should not be traded by any means for any reason. But Lou is a moron so I'm sure one of those three will be dealt. **** we waited so long for a return to form on defense with this young talent.....and we're handcuffing ourselves so ****ing sal can play. Eat many dicks Pete/Lou.

If one of them gets traded for a young similarly talented forward that isn't Nail Yakupov I can't complain. Not like we don't need THAT kind of player in their organization. If Lou trades one of them for some older short-term plugin then that's a problem.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
If one of them gets traded for a young similarly talented forward that isn't Nail Yakupov I can't complain. Not like we don't need THAT kind of player in their organization. If Lou trades one of them for some older short-term plugin then that's a problem.

Problem is that's Lou's MO so u know its gonna happen. Then complete commitment to slugs and vets is a serious detriment to a potential franchise dman who is craving confidence from the coaching staff and as much playing time in every key situation as he can stomach.

But no, get out there sal, volch and Harrold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad