Larsson back in line up ?

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
but if Pete lets a #4 pick rot away in Albany, Lou must step in and address the situation[/QUOTE]

I agree ! and while Im at it WTF is this coach doing with Gelinas ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

#34 #5 #22 #6 #7 and #2 should be our top six ....why is this so difficult ?

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
It is Lou decision that Adam is still in AHL. I am not sure why, but hope in doesn't stay there long.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
It is Lou decision that Adam is still in AHL. I am not sure why, but hope in doesn't stay there long.

unpopular opinion, but id be ok with him staying down there for the rest of the season. give him a bit of regularity and a boost to confidence since hes doing so well

heres the play from the other night, I posted in the AHL thread too

http://instagram.com/p/jH4VFejPLg/#

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

What boggles my mind is Lou admitted the whole eight D thing was a distraction last year. And now this year he's allowed it to get far worse since they have eight (really nine but they quarantined Harrold ftm) but basically only six play, one's being pigeonholed into being Kurtis Foster and another one who's better than a handful of the guys currently playing is wasting his time down in Albany. Larsson's not going to forget this when it comes contract time either.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
What boggles my mind is Lou admitted the whole eight D thing was a distraction last year. And now this year he's allowed it to get far worse since they have eight (really nine but they quarantined Harrold ftm) but basically only six play, one's being pigeonholed into being Kurtis Foster and another one who's better than a handful of the guys currently playing is wasting his time down in Albany. Larsson's not going to forget this when it comes contract time either.

Exactly my point earlier. What's his status when it comes to RFA/UFA because who in their right mind would stay in the situation he's in and not bolt first chance? Can't afford to lose him.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Not worried about Larsson leaving. As long as the $$$ is right Larsson will stay. And he can't leave for another 3 years.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
talk about cart before the horse... 3 years! Go look at capgeek and how many D are under contract until then.

look at our roster from 3 years ago - less than half remain.

LW | C | RW
9 - Parise - C | 14 - Henrique | 17 - Kovalchuk - A
8 - Zubrus | 26 - Elias - A | 15 - Sykora
21 - Tedenby | 20 - Carter | 23 - Clarkson
22 - Boulton | 10 - Zalewski | 12 - Palmieri

LD | RD
7 - Tallinder | 29 - Fayne
24 - Salvador | 5 - Larsson
32 - Taormina | 2 - Foster

Goalies
30 - Brodeur
1 - Hedberg

THINGS CHANGE.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm talking about him being a pain in the butt with his RFA deal and maybe pulling an O'Reilly. He fell in line with his rookie deal and let Lou keep the bonuses off, that ain't happening again.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Adam could return to Sweden after this season I understand
not sure he would go, but the way he's been treated (and his Swedish buddies) maybe he's had enough of being here

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I'm talking about him being a pain in the butt with his RFA deal and maybe pulling an O'Reilly. He fell in line with his rookie deal and let Lou keep the bonuses off, that ain't happening again.

Especially after the manner in which he has been treated. I suspect his agent is going to take Lou over the coals. Larsson privately wants out if I had to guess.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Adam could return to Sweden after this season I understand
not sure he would go, but the way he's been treated (and his Swedish buddies) maybe he's had enough of being here

Remember what happened with Tallinder? Pete buried him. Larsson, given his closeness to some of these guys, must feel like an inmate waiting for the hammer to fall.

I%20WasPrisoner1.jpg

Last edited:

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Especially after the manner in which he has been treated. I suspect his agent is going to take Lou over the coals. Larsson privately wants out if I had to guess.

Yup. This is why I brought it up earlier. Could be a big issue coming up if things don't change. If he's down in the AHL for a couple of games, then ok, but this 8/9 defenseman situation has gotta stop soon, especially if/when Harrold gets healthy, what is Lou going to do? What if Severson(who wasn't ready this year) impresses next year in camp? What then? The log jam has gotta be cleaned up soon.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
but if Pete lets a #4 pick rot away in Albany, Lou must step in and address the situation

I agree ! and while Im at it WTF is this coach doing with Gelinas ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

#34 #5 #22 #6 #7 and #2 should be our top six ....why is this so difficult ?[/QUOTE]

one is your captain and one leaves his guts on the ice every night....that being said we are a weaker offensive team without gelinas and Merrill in lineup... we have what you call a log jam of pretty good nhl defenseman on this roster....

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

give me a break ... what has Larsson done so wonderfully that he should be treated like a superstar..? he has been so far a disappointment if you ask me... im not saying I don't like him and don't want him on the team but he is 20 yrs old and arguably not in the top 6 on this team ....wouild I rather see him in lineup than volchenkov ?? yeah probably over Salvador? no way!!

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
give me a break ... what has Larsson done so wonderfully that he should be treated like a superstar..? he has been so far a disappointment if you ask me... im not saying I don't like him and don't want him on the team but he is 20 yrs old and arguably not in the top 6 on this team ....wouild I rather see him in lineup than volchenkov ?? yeah probably over Salvador? no way!!

I don't think he should be treated like a superstar but they chained the kid up something awful. I think it has more to do with the way they tried to change him as opposed to being given a lineup spot. Why would he want to stay when he can't be himself? Who needs that? I'd be looking for the nearest exit if I had the choice of going to an organization that wouldn't 'straightjacket' me. Ultimately, Adam Larsson has to do what's best for the development of Adam Larsson. The devils can go pound sand with their backward ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad