Proposal: Larsson + 10th for Parayko

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The more I read and watch about Larsson, the more I warm up to the OP's proposal. Larsson would give the Blues a physical element that Parayko seems to be reluctant to provide. Schmaltz might be able to make up some of the offense that we would be losing in Colton. Hmmm .... interesting. How about a slight amendment to the OP. Parayko and Win's 1st for Larsson and the 10th OA? Still not sure I would do it, just throwing out ideas. :)

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The 10th could easily end being the best defensemen in the deal. Deep draft for D.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Hopefully now that we've established that Larsson is greater than or equal to Parayko in Edmonton's needs, we can finally put an end to all the Edmonton hopes of trading for local boy Parayko!

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Hopefully now that we've established that Larsson is greater than or equal to Parayko in Edmonton's needs, we can finally put an end to all the Edmonton hopes of trading for local boy Parayko!

Nah, we still need his shot. Bring Colt back home!

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
The 10th could easily end being the best defensemen in the deal. Deep draft for D.

Well hell I'm inclined to say the 98th pick could end up being the best defensemen as well. That's the funny thing about draftpicks. That 10th could also be completely worthless in a year.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Totally understand Blues fans not wanting the deal, but as an Oil fan I'm not interested either. I think the Klefbom-Larsson pairing will bounce back in a big way. They played adequately as a top pair unit just a year before, and last season was just a combination of misfortune (lingering shoulder problem for Klefbom worsens; Larsson's father's health issues/passing).

We need to keep that unit together and add something to 10th OA to find a RH offensive D to pair with Nurse.

Isn't Bear supposed to be just that for Edm? PPQB, offensive puck moving RHD. I didn't get to watch any of his games up in the NHL, but with a solid off-season and good camp I'd think he deserves a shot in your top 4 instead of being relegated to the bottom pairing.

Edit: for clarity sake, I was a big fan of his in the WHL, and didn't have a chance to watch any of his games once he went pro. His trial in Edmonton, talking to fans in the Edmonton board showed positive reviews and good expectations heading forward. It seems premature to rule him out when he's right around the cusp of being an NHL player. Your defense should be healthier this year, which should improve overall play.

Bear is essentially what Vince Dunn is projected to be for STL - an offensive PMD who is expected to be a PPQB moving forward in the near future.

Last edited:

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Isn't Bear supposed to be just that for Edm? PPQB, offensive puck moving RHD. I didn't get to watch any of his games up in the NHL, but with a solid off-season and good camp I'd think he deserves a shot in your top 4 instead of being relegated to the bottom pairing.

Edit: for clarity sake, I was a big fan of his in the WHL, and didn't have a chance to watch any of his games once he went pro. His trial in Edmonton, talking to fans in the Edmonton board showed positive reviews and good expectations heading forward. It seems premature to rule him out when he's right around the cusp of being an NHL player. Your defense should be healthier this year, which should improve overall play.

Bear is essentially what Vince Dunn is projected to be for STL - an offensive PMD who is expected to be a PPQB moving forward in the near future.

I'm not as high on Bear as most of my fellow Oiler fans. He doesn't have a big shot - I'd call it slightly above average - and that's what we need most on our PP right now. A big clapper will force teams to respect the point a little more instead of cheating towards McD and Drai.

I would say Bear processes the game well, he's a highly coachable kid, has above average puck handling and a good outlet pass, but I don't see him topping out higher than a 4/5 in his career. That's fine, but hardly the answer to our problems. He's a bit underwhelming in terms of size, strength and skating.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
The more I read and watch about Larsson, the more I warm up to the OP's proposal. Larsson would give the Blues a physical element that Parayko seems to be reluctant to provide. Schmaltz might be able to make up some of the offense that we would be losing in Colton. Hmmm .... interesting. How about a slight amendment to the OP. Parayko and Win's 1st for Larsson and the 10th OA? Still not sure I would do it, just throwing out ideas. :)
That's why I would do it. We already have Petro who is very soft. Be a good switch and a 1st round pick in a deep draft. Book it!!!

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
There is no way we trade Parayko for Larsson. It would be to fill our need for a top6 C/RW. We all know where this goes. If Drai isn't in the deal it wont happen. RNH doesn't warrant creating the hole at RD that trading Perry would make.:edmonton fans say Drai is worth more :blues fans say Parayko is worth more to the team...Blah Blah Blah

Personally I would do

:edmonton
Parayko
Sobotka
Tage Thompson
29OA

:blues
Drai
10thOA

Reactions: Colt55

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
There is no way we trade Parayko for Larsson. It would be to fill our need for a top6 C/RW. We all know where this goes. If Drai isn't in the deal it wont happen. RNH doesn't warrant creating the hole at RD that trading Perry would make.:edmonton fans say Drai is worth more :blues fans say Parayko is worth more to the team...Blah Blah Blah

Personally I would do

Parayko
Sobotka
Tage Thompson
29OA

Drai
10thOA

I can just see all the oiler fans heads exploding right now. This is actually Fair value

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
stats state other wise. Just saying.
Adam Larsson is +55 in his career, Ristolainen is -91. Both about the same age, both have played in some bad teams, Larsson has 101 points ristolainen has 151. Stats show Larsson has a much bigger gap defensively over Ristolainen then Ristolainen has over Larsson offensively. Larsson also seems to have recovered mentally from his father's death as he anchored Swedens top pairing at the IIHF o route to gold.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Adam Larsson is +55 in his career, Ristolainen is -91. Both about the same age, both have played in some bad teams, Larsson has 101 points ristolainen has 151. Stats show Larsson has a much bigger gap defensively over Ristolainen then Ristolainen has over Larsson offensively. Larsson also seems to have recovered mentally from his father's death as he anchored Swedens top pairing at the IIHF o route to gold.

not trying to put wither one of those guys down. But i was replying to the larsson / parayko comparison not the later.
Also Parayko killed it for team Canada

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Personally I would do

Parayko
Sobotka
Tage Thompson
29OA

Drai
10thOA

There is no way the Oilers do that. Throw out the 10th OA and add back Bear or Benning. Then take Thompson or the 29th OA out on the Blues' side. That gets you much closer in terms of value, and it is relatively cap neutral, but I think the Oilers still say no.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
There is no way the Oilers do that. Throw out the 10th OA and add back Bear or Benning. Then take Thompson or the 29th OA out on the Blues' side. That gets you much closer in terms of value, and it is relatively cap neutral, but I think the Oilers still say no.
yep no dice no need for bear or benning. Thats the fair price or dangle drais. if not we dont deal.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
yep no dice no need for bear or benning. Thats the fair price or dangle drais. if not we dont deal.
lol.. now Drai alone is not enough for this legend in STL. EDM has to add #10 to get your interest :laugh:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
The Blues allowed 62 goals against at even strength with Parayko on the ice.

The Oilers allowed 52 goals against at even strength with Larsson on the ice.

Allen/Hutton were much better than Talbot/Montoya/Brossoit this year.

Larsson outhit Parayko by a nearly 2-1 margin and faced tougher zonestarts, while still maintaining positive possession stats.

Both guys averaged around 22 minutes a night of ice time.

The Oilers allowed 41 more goals against than the Blues did, so are clearly a much inferior defensive team, but I hardly think you should be that confident that Parayko is better defensively than Larsson. Lars is an absolute tank in the defensive zone.
Your trying to use PLUS/MINUS but in a sneaky way.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad