Lars Eller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ineverplayedthegame

Sep 25, 2013
Does that report take into account the QoC?

Great source nonetheless, I completely forgot about that site

I don't think so but I think he did the overall risk reward rating adjusted for QoC at the end the last two seasons.

Like I said earlier QoC doesn't mean much over a season except at the extremes. QoT and zone starts have been found to have a much bigger effect. And Eller doesn't really play soft comp, especially in a league where teams try to roll three scoring lines.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
A coach's job is to exploit his players' assets and talents. There is no player on the team who's talent is wasted more than Eller. MT is really losing out on a positive here in the way he conceives of his role.

He sees Eller as a checker instead of a player who can provide a two-way tertiary scoring role. It's an archaic way of looking at the game.

DD and Eller are completely polar opposites in this case. The coach will go to length's end to exploit every ounce of the former's limited skills, while the latter is a complete after thought. It's a shame because Eller can be so much more.

Your hatred of MT has no bounds....

It just doesn't happen in the NHL that a 5 man coaching group as well as 3-4 GM and assistant GM's would just let a coach wield that much authority on player usage and evaluation. This is not Pee Wee BB coaching, these are the best of the best. It's not only MT doing the evaluation, it the whole organization so unless this is a group conspiracy you are barking up the wrong tree.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
...and again, no answer, just non-witty one-liners...hurts when you know the other guy's right, doesn't it...:laugh:

I haven't heard anything from you either so not sure who made you the person in charge of snarky comments.

I've made all my comments MULTIPLE times. I'm surprised someone with your superior intelligence hasn't read and understood them all. Maybe you're not as smart as you think you are. But keep using emojis, it definitely makes you look smarter.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

It just doesn't happen in the NHL that a 5 man coaching group as well as 3-4 GM and assistant GM's would just let a coach wield that much authority on player usage and evaluation. This is not Pee Wee BB coaching, these are the best of the best. It's not only MT doing the evaluation, it the whole organization so unless this is a group conspiracy you are barking up the wrong tree.

lets see, Eller line not doing great offensively although last few games Sekac was doing better... solution ? remove the guy that was improving and replace him by a 4th liner.

It may not be conspiracy, but it sure doesnt scream smartness or knowledge :laugh:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Bouillon and Murray's usage last year makes all this invalid.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
lets see, Eller line not doing great offensively although last few games Sekac was doing better... solution ? remove the guy that was improving and replace him by a 4th liner.

It may not be conspiracy, but it sure doesnt scream smartness or knowledge :laugh:

Of course MB and MT along with the rest of the Habs brass are the dumbest group of hockey exec's in the NHL.

And only in Habs board fantasy land do results not matter.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I haven't heard anything from you either so not sure who made you the person in charge of snarky comments.

I've made all my comments MULTIPLE times. I'm surprised someone with your superior intelligence hasn't read and understood them all. Maybe you're not as smart as you think you are. But keep using emojis, it definitely makes you look smarter.

...you've seen it posted by multiple persons multiple times, you just refuse to accept or quantify it due to facts negating pretty much you're entire "point"...sometimes, the Truth really does hurt, eh...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Of course MB and MT along with the rest of the Habs brass are the dumbest group of hockey exec's in the NHL.

Strawman. No one has said this.

That they are hockey execs and we are fans doesn't mean the former is infallible while the latter knows nothing. Even great minds make stupid decisions. MB acquired three useless players last off-season. MT kept employing Bouillon on the PP despite him being absolute garbage on it for 2 seasons. MT also kept relying on Murray, one the worse d-men in the league when he had better options.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
So you know better that the Habs hockey ops - just want to make sure.

Where did I say that?

Though, for how dumb fans are, they were able to see that Briere, Murray and Parros were all useless acquisitions before they played a single game with the Habs, just saying. I think you defer way too much on authority for the basis of your arguments.

BTW, quite a few stupid fantasy fans got jobs with nhl teams this summer.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Strawman. No one has said this.

That they are hockey execs and we are fans doesn't mean the former is infallible while the latter knows nothing. Even great minds make stupid decisions. MB acquired three useless players last off-season. MT kept employing Bouillon on the PP despite him being absolute garbage on it for 2 seasons. MT also kept relying on Murray, one the worse d-men in the league when he had better options.

Results man, results....last years group, warts and all, made it to the conference final. That's the merit of ALL the players, coaches and hockey ops.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

3 assumptions you seem to be making:
1- organizations don't ever make mistakes in player talent I.D/evaluation…
2- Habs brass is interfering with the Head Coaches in-game decisions.
3- that disagreeing with a coaches decision-making = hatred

two very large assumptions that are no more valid than the opinions you are contesting… the first one is flat out wrong (see Gomez.Scott), and the 2nd implies that MT is a figure-head, which may be true, but if so, actually reinforces the notion that he makes poor decisions as opposed to countering it.

and one ridiculous assumption that adds zero value to any discussion.

great post :shakehead

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...hold the phone, amigo...MB is building a young, speed-driven possession team...he was the one leading the "youth movement" in the offseason and said many times as much...it's Therrien that apparently has just flatly refused to play the team that Beregevin wants to build and instead wants to play plugs & grinders...don't blame Bergevin, he gets it...blame the mook behind the bench...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Results man, results....last years group, warts and all, made it to the conference final. That's the merit of ALL the players, coaches and hockey ops.

So no one was able to criticize Jacques Martin and Pierre Gauthier because they made it to the ECF? Gotchya.

2009-2010 ECF = 2013-2014 ECF. After all, results are results. There are no nuances in your world. Also, there is no criticizing GMs and coaches since they are hockey execs and we are not. So Gauthier and Martin are just as good and infallible as MB and MT. You can't say otherwise because as a fantasy fan, you are not privy to an opinion because you are not an exec.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Where did I say that?

Though, for how dumb fans are, they were able to see that Briere, Murray and Parros were all useless acquisitions before they played a single game with the Habs, just saying. I think you defer way too much on authority for the basis of your arguments.

How useless Briere -in playoffs - 3 goals 4 assists in limited playing time, goal and assist game 7 against Boston. What a waste of a human being that Briere.....

get over yourself bud...

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
...you've seen it posted by multiple persons multiple times, you just refuse to accept or quantify it due to facts negating pretty much you're entire "point"...sometimes, the Truth really does hurt, eh...

You're the one who doesn't seem to get the "truth". Eller isn't that good. He's definately not as good as you or other seem to imagine he is. His points total agrees with this thesis, his place in the lineup agrees with this and people with eyes agree to this. Not sure what "proof" you need to show you what's pretty obvious to the only people that matter and are qualified and paid to make these decisions.

But I can see why it's fun to keep asking me for "proof" that Eller isn't a superior specimen of hockey in incarnant. Sadly, it's hard to show facts to someone who's only argument is DD sucks. So keep on truck'n.

PS I'm happy to see you've evolved enough not to use an emoticon to show what emotion you were feeling. That at least is an improvement.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
3 assumptions you seem to be making:
1- organizations don't ever make mistakes in player talent I.D/evaluation…
2- Habs brass is interfering with the Head Coaches in-game decisions.
3- that disagreeing with a coaches decision-making = hatred

two very large assumptions that are no more valid than the opinions you are contesting… the first one is flat out wrong (see Gomez.Scott), and the 2nd implies that MT is a figure-head, which may be true, but if so, actually reinforces the notion that he makes poor decisions as opposed to countering it.

and one ridiculous assumption that adds zero value to any discussion.

great post :shakehead

Thanks for taking it of the context of the post I was responding to.

Andy posted that MT is responsible for misreading Ellers greatness, weren't discussing ice time.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
How useless Briere -in playoffs - 3 goals 4 assists in limited playing time, goal and assist game 7 against Boston. What a waste of a human being that Briere.....

get over yourself bud...

So useful that MB didn't hesitate to dump him.

Also, I like how you conveniently ignore the useless of Murray and Parros. We could even add the dud trade that was Drewiske. But all the moves were good and we can't criticize them because ECF. great argument.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Andy posted that MT is responsible for misreading Ellers greatness, weren't discussing ice time.

Hyperbole. I never said Eller was destined for greatness. You seem incapable of actually making a meaningful argument. Between this, appealing to authority, your lack of nuance and your use of strawmen, I don't even know why I am wasting my time engaging with anything you say since it lacks substance.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Rule number one of arguing a losing argument. Never argue the facts that aren't convenient to your argument. Instead, shift the discussion to something that makes sense but doesn't adress the origins point. Guys here are very good at that.

Sneaky sneaky...

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So useful that MB didn't hesitate to dump him.

Also, I like how you conveniently ignore the useless of Murray and Parros. We could even add the dud trade that was Drewiske. But all the moves were good and we can't criticize them because ECF. great argument.

Do you think I have time to answer all your useless drivel...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Rule number one of arguing a losing argument. Never argue the facts that aren't convenient to your argument. Instead, shift the discussion to something that makes sense but doesn't adress the origins point. Guys here are very good at that.

Sneaky sneaky...

You mean like Habnot's strawmen and hyperbolic arguments? Yeah, he's pretty good at doing the exact thing said in the bolded part of your post.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Do you think I have time to answer all your useless drivel...

Interesting, I was going to write this exact same sentence to you.

Oh and congratulations for not making a strawman or hyperbolic statement in this post. Must've been tough.

Hey, but the 2009-2010 team was as good as the 2013-2014 team because they both made it to the ECF. Results are Results right?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

Sneaky sneaky...

...so that's what you're trying to do...well, sorry to be the one to tell you, amigo, you're failing...:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad