Lars Eller: first line minutes edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
1) I'm francophone
2) french media loves DD

I'm not suggesting there's a difference whether or not you're francohpone or anglophone. I'm both, technically. I just don't see the love for DD from the French media. Maybe they talk about him more often.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I'm not suggesting there's a difference whether or not you're francohpone or anglophone. I'm both, technically. I just don't see the love for DD from the French media. Maybe they talk about him more often.

They do talk more about him than the English media, to be sure, but I think it's more about the imbalance of the comments themselves. He'll always get praised when he does something well, but his mistakes will very rarely got the spotlight like they would for a Larry.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Awesome first period for Lars.

Hopefully he'll see some PP time

Lol who am I kidding, he's playing with 2 fourth liners

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Pacioretty---Eller----Galchy should at the very least be tried on he PP. Christ there is absolutely no reason not to at least try it.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
I love the fact he fakes losing the puck along the boards and suddenly he's skating away with it.

Reminds me of when kovalev lost his glove skated around a bit, picked it up, put it on and put the puck in the net.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Reunite the EGG line for Christ sake. What will it take for Therrien to give actual offensive opportunities to Eller?

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
Reunite the EGG line for Christ sake. What will it take for Therrien to give actual offensive opportunities to Eller?

Tstststst, Therrien said in his presser that each player has his roles, and Eller is defensive play + PK. DD is the one with offensive + PP. Roles have been decided, who cares what happens on the ice?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Tstststst, Therrien said in his presser that each player has his roles, and Eller is defensive play + PK. DD is the one with offensive + PP. Roles have been decided, who cares what happens on the ice?
They've been decided alright. Just more evidence that our coach shouldn't be behind the bench except maybe as RDS' version of Glen Healy.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I think Therrien should use Eller to get Galchenyuk out of this funk.

It would make so much sense, right?

Gallagher goes up and down to line-up to jumpstart players all the time, whether it be Pacioretty, DD, Plekanec, Parenteau, you name it.

We complain Galchenyuk, our most talented forward, doesn't contribute enough.

And Therrien sticks him on the wing of Desharnais and Weise.

I mean, what the actual **** is his rational?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It would make so much sense, right?

Gallagher goes up and down to line-up to jumpstart players all the time, whether it be Pacioretty, DD, Plekanec, Parenteau, you name it.

We complain Glachenyuk, our most talented forward, doesn't contribute enough.

And Therrien sticks him on the wing of Desharnais and Weise.

I mean, what the actual **** is his rational?

Maybe if Chucky has a meeting with Michel and tells him he wants to play with Lars. You know, he asked to be on the wing and it happened, so maybe just a couple words and boom :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I think Therrien should use Eller to get Galchenyuk out of this funk.

No, not for that reason.

Galchenyuk and Eller's cycling provided a goal last games.
Tonight, they played like 30 sec. on a line change and created two grade A scoring chances.
The EGG line was together for 30 sec. this year and scored a goal.

Galchenyuk and Eller have chemistry.
It's with Eller that Galchenyuk has is greatest moment as a winger.
They both had a awesome season playing together in 2012-2013.

It's must tried for both of them and for the team.
Eller is red hot, it's the right time.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The problem with having Eller play with Galchenyuk is that it sets up two different threats to the status of Desharnais.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
No, not for that reason.

Tonight, they played like 30 sec. on a line change and created two grade A scoring chances.

They actually don't have chemistry. Galchenyuk has chemistry with Gallagher. In 2013-14 when Gallagher was removed from the line they crumbled hard.

brian70

Jul 8, 2012
No, not for that reason.

I'll be the first one to defend Eller but Therrien did reunite the EGG line for one game and they ended up with -4. Of course, that gave him the best reason to ignore them from that moment on.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
All for reuniting the EGG line.
Or Patches-Eller-Gallagher, Max needs to be jumpstarted, Eller is all electricity right now, give him a chance! :yo:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
They actually don't have chemistry. Galchenyuk has chemistry with Gallagher. In 2013-14 when Gallagher was removed from the line they crumbled hard.

You mean for the 10 games they've played together after that?
Remember that in 2012-2013, Gallagher wasn't on that line.

Galchneyuk best moment in the NHL were at center and on the wing of Eller. Both those options would destroy poor little Davey so i won't expect you to agree with any of this.

Remember when Galchenyuk was put back on the wing.....you kept saying that
Galchenyuk would produce more on the wing. Man you were wrong on that one too.

I'll be the first one to defend Eller but Therrien did reunite the EGG line for one game and they ended up with -4. Of course, that gave him the best reason to ignore them from that moment on.

One bad game VS 48 good games.....sounds fair.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
I wonder if those that said we should trade Eller because he sucks and we have DLR to replace him still feel the same way?

sholi2000

No One Gets Left Behind
May 26, 2013
Brandon, MB
www.sholi2000.com
Crying shame Eller is passing to Prust and De La Rose instead of Max, or Alex.

We'll never know but I can't imagine how many goals we would have scored this series had Eller had some star power with him.

We didn't need many goals to win in the first place, but it would have made it less stressful for everyone.

Thanks Lars, you played great this series.

Series MVP......tied with Price.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
crying shame eller is passing to prust and de la rose instead of max, or alex.

We'll never know but i can't imagine how many goals we would have scored this series had eller had some star power with him.

We didn't need many goals to win in the first place, but it would have made it less stressful for everyone.

Thanks lars, you played great this series.

Series mvp......tied with price.

^^^ this

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Crying shame Eller is passing to Prust and De La Rose instead of Max, or Alex.

We'll never know but I can't imagine how many goals we would have scored this series had Eller had some star power with him.

Thanks Lars, you played great this series.

Series MVP......tied with Price.

Eller played well but let's not get carried away here...

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Eller played well but let's not get carried away here...

He's not getting carried away. Eller played in an absurdly defensive deployment, facing the Sens top lines and top D pairings (allowing DD to be sheltered), and came out on top. He started just about all of his shifts in the D zone, and ended most of them in the offensive zone, allowing other lines to start in the O zone. He played incredible defensively and made some great defensive plays. He was solid on the PK.

He was also great offensively and would've had several points if he had at least one quality winger who could score.

Given that our top players were average to mediocre, Eller was easily our MVP as a skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad