Lars Eller: first line minutes edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
If we were actually transitioning Eller and Galchenyuk would both have been given top-six center spots by now.

The center situation should be Galchenyuk-Eller-Plekanec-DeLaRose.

If possible, package Plekanec for an upgrade on wing. Plekanec, Tinordi, a 1st, Fucale should be able to land us a very good player.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It won't be fixed. Eller will be moved for piece that Habs don't need like the 6th puck moving dman.

What I find funny is Ottawa had a break way in the 3rd and Eller was at center, MT called a change just before this and he hustled back to take the chance away. I have yet to any other Hab this year do this on more than one occasion. Yet he has no hockey IQ, apparently he didn't read the play before it happened.

The people who say that Eller has no hockey IQ ...

They have no hockey IQ.

There are two reasons people see Desharnais make better-looking passes than they see Eller:
- Every time DD makes a good pass, it's replayed multiple times by RDS/TVA. They discuss his "bonne vision, exellente vision" in depth;
- DD is never covered;

Eller has a harder time making passes because he is often covered, but that's actually a good thing, it liberates the other players.

Nynja*

Eller will be moved for piece that Habs don't need like the 6th puck moving dman.

I dont think MB moves Eller, I dont see it happening. Theres a reason he gave him that contract, he knows his potential, and he knows what he's worth.

If they trade Eller, they're going to get fleeced so ****ing hard, the Gomez/McDonaugh trade will look tame in comparison.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
If Eller gets top 6 duties, and top PP wave, and the habs lose game 6, i will request a permanent self-imposed IP ban.

Good news is MT will never do this, so its a risk free bet hahhaha

Truth be told, Eller won't get that but I expect this team to get it's head out of it's ass and win game 6 regardless.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Truth be told, Eller won't get that but I expect this team to get it's head out of it's ass and win game 6 regardless.

Interested to see what MTs response will be. Will he give Eller more minutes thus showing he was bias in the first place, and not until being called out by the media, and it literally had to be gagnon to do it to be taken seriously, unlike the chic that has asked a couple times, or will he give a big F you to the media and drop ellers minutes even more just to show who is da boss.

Oh right we weren't protecting the lead that must have been why we didn't use him :shakehead

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011

They have no hockey IQ.

There are two reasons people see Desharnais make better-looking passes than they see Eller:
- Every time DD makes a good pass, it's replayed multiple times by RDS/TVA. They discuss his "bonne vision, exellente vision" in depth;
- DD is never covered;

I would really like people on these boards to stop constantly assuming DD is treated like a god on RDS or TVA, clearly implying a language bias. I don't understand why every time I try to defend this, my posts get deleted, so that people on anglophone boards can keep saying things like what you just said. It's just not true, it's not productive and it's disconcerting how some people have weird preconceived notions of how the french media perceives players.

Is it possible you're taking part in a self-fulfilling prophecy? Many of you are so hellbent on finding any chinks in DD's game that any complements you hear stand out like a sore thumb. If it's on RDS/TVA then it must be because they love the quebecois player right?

What about PAP? They never talk about him. Malhotra?

THAT BEING SAID,

I would love to see Eller play more minutes. He's been very good and he's deserving of some good line mates. I'm hoping DD plays with DSP and PAP, and Eller with the kids.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Eller and Parenteau have complementary skills (Eller’s defensive awareness and Parenteau vision) so I wish to see them playing together tonight.

No matter who he plays with, it should be on the third line with limited results against bottom six opposition. However, from what we've seen of this coach, what's more likely to happen is Patches back with DD and PAP.

HabsDieHard*

Eller and Parenteau have complementary skills (Eller’s defensive awareness and Parenteau vision) so I wish to see them playing together tonight.

Pacioretty would be the absolute perfect LW on that line as well.

Pacioretty-Eller-Parenteau
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Weise-Desharnais-Smith Pelley
Prust-Mitchell-Flynn

HabsDieHard*

No matter who he plays with, it should be on the third line with limited results against bottom six opposition. However, from what we've seen of this coach, what's more likely to happen is Patches back with DD and PAP.

Parenteau has has his most success in the NHL playing top line minutes with the teams' best players.

This idea he needs to play 3rd line minutes against inferior competition is quite simply not true.

HabsDieHard*

Interested to see what MTs response will be. Will he give Eller more minutes thus showing he was bias in the first place, and not until being called out by the media, and it literally had to be gagnon to do it to be taken seriously, unlike the chic that has asked a couple times, or will he give a big F you to the media and drop ellers minutes even more just to show who is da boss.

Oh right we weren't protecting the lead that must have been why we didn't use him :shakehead

What did Gagnon say?

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Parenteau has has his most success in the NHL playing top line minutes with the teams' best players.

This idea he needs to play 3rd line minutes against inferior competition is quite simply not true.

Have you watched him play lately? The past is the past. He has something like three points in his last 20 games...the majority of it on the top line with plenty of PP minutes.

We've seen this horror show before....nothing is going to change with ol' double chin in the lineup.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Have you watched him play lately? The past is the past. He has something like three points in his last 20 games...the majority of it on the top line with plenty of PP minutes.

We've seen this horror show before....nothing is going to change with ol' double chin in the lineup.

Smelly lost that second chin two weeks ago...:sarcasm:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I was praying Eller would earn the no 2 spot this year, supplanting an aging Pleks, while Chucky took his lumps as a no 1.

Transition year right?

I think Eller has earned that no 2 spot. Meanwhile they let Chucky rot.

Habs biggest mistake this year was not moving Chucky to no 1 C and leaving him there all year. ****ing stupid.

I will judge MB on this if it is not fixed next year.

If they decide to move Eller and Galchy at C on the first 2 lines, how will they call next year? Super transition year?

I will never believe it. For me, Eller is gone in the summer. And it will piss me off. But then, we'll hear people defending it by going with "Well you don't know all the stories..."Rinse and repeat.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If they decide to move Eller and Galchy at C on the first 2 lines, how will they call next year? Super transition year?

I will never believe it. For me, Eller is gone in the summer. And it will piss me off. But then, we'll hear people defending it by going with "Well you don't know all the stories..."Rinse and repeat.

There are absolutely no stories...
Other than Lars having to correct MT on occasion... :naughty:

Nynja*

Eller is toast, and it will be a shame. Thanks to MT's ridiculous treatment of him we are going to sell him low.

I'm telling you, if MB trades Eller, were getting fleeced harder than the Gomez trade. We didnt know what McDonaugh would be when he was traded (hindsight is always 20/20), we KNOW what Eller is, and theres no way we get anything remotely close to his proper value the way Therrien destroyed his stock.

I'm hoping that MB knows what Eller is actually worth.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

They have no hockey IQ.

- DD is never covered;

Eller has a harder time making passes because he is often covered, but that's actually a good thing, it liberates the other players.

Don't forget his linemates getting open and putting themselves in a good position for a pass.

On Pacioretty's only goal this playoffs he made a great play to get himself open, and Desharnais made a nice pass to him. How often does a guy like Prust or De La Rose do something like that to create an opportunity for a nice pass?

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
I'm telling you, if MB trades Eller, were getting fleeced harder than the Gomez trade. We didnt know what McDonaugh would be when he was traded (hindsight is always 20/20), we KNOW what Eller is, and theres no way we get anything remotely close to his proper value the way Therrien destroyed his stock.

I'm hoping that MB knows what Eller is actually worth.

Well he paid him handsomely for a few years quite recently so I would wager he does. I still have faith in Bergy.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Eller is toast, and it will be a shame. Thanks to MT's ridiculous treatment of him we are going to sell him low.

Unless the coach gets hit on the head with a puck.
I'm not revealing if it was purposely shot or not but...

MT suddenly realizes his one constant is Brendan Gallagher.
Wanting to reward him for the lifetime of misery spent under his auspices.
He looks at his roster and knows that he can't possibly use him with his girlish centers.
Enter The Danish Manchild his blondish good looks eating at coaches heartstrings.
Formerly Punished for his unrequited love but now perfect as Brendan's linemate.
The rest is history... :naughty:

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec

Double chin? How old are you?

That said our Canadiens are making Anderson look like a freakin god out there and Parenteau brings more offensive flair than DLR or Flynn.

Parenteau in is the right decision... it's a question of balance => Eller - Parenteau is my wish!

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Don't forget his linemates getting open and putting themselves in a good position for a pass.

On Pacioretty's only goal this playoffs he made a great play to get himself open, and Desharnais made a nice pass to him. How often does a guy like Prust or De La Rose do something like that to create an opportunity for a nice pass?

Eller's winger sit back and watch him instead of finding space. I think MT wants that line to literally grind the opponents down as the 2 forwards without the puck are always ready to retreat.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Parenteau is nowhere near where he used to be. He can't keep up on the top lines.
He needs to play limited minutes on an exploitation line. DD also needs those minutes. They are depth players that you need to shelter and use smartly versus weaker players. That will make it much easier for them to produce.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec

I'd be ok with 3. DSP - Desharnais - Parenteau or 3. Prust - Eller - Parenteau. Most importantly, I wish for 1. Pacioretty - Plekanec!

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I would really like people on these boards to stop constantly assuming DD is treated like a god on RDS or TVA, clearly implying a language bias. I don't understand why every time I try to defend this, my posts get deleted, so that people on anglophone boards can keep saying things like what you just said. It's just not true, it's not productive and it's disconcerting how some people have weird preconceived notions of how the french media perceives players.

Is it possible you're taking part in a self-fulfilling prophecy? Many of you are so hellbent on finding any chinks in DD's game that any complements you hear stand out like a sore thumb. If it's on RDS/TVA then it must be because they love the quebecois player right?

What about PAP? They never talk about him. Malhotra?

THAT BEING SAID,

I would love to see Eller play more minutes. He's been very good and he's deserving of some good line mates. I'm hoping DD plays with DSP and PAP, and Eller with the kids.

1) I'm francophone
2) french media loves DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad