Lars Eller Appreciation thread (the first of many for this season)

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
I still he still would have been useful for us. He gives us 20 goals, can play top 3 line, physical and got decent speed and SKILL that we lacked big time and it shows. Watching his highlights, there's many things that our current players cannot do like he did.

But Briere has teh karakterzz!!!11!!1!1!1

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
No points? Still awesome:

ibnDec02iOGold.gif

J1P6Rt.gif

Ll4c_W.gif

All in last 10 games.

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
No points? Still awesome:

ibnDec02iOGold.gif

J1P6Rt.gif

Ll4c_W.gif

All in last 10 games.

That's fine if you're Moen or White, but when you are Eller points are expected from you, and I'm sure he expects them from himself. Not downplaying the physical side, but it won't get him a 5-6 year deal at 4-4.5 mil at 30-35 points.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
That's fine if you're Moen or White, but when you are Eller points are expected from you, and I'm sure he expects them from himself. Not downplaying the physical side, but it won't get him a 5-6 year deal at 4-4.5 mil at 30-35 points.

:laugh:

You're quite an opportunist. Eller is in a drought right now.. and you're already pinning him as a 30pts player. For a guy that says he don't bash Eller, every post you talk about Eller is nothing else but negative.

FYI, Clarkson makes 5.5M$++ and got over 30 pts once.

Players like Ott, Gaustad makes 3.2M$+.. so Im pretty sure Eller will get more than that quite easily.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
When everyone will start bashing Eller, Monctonscout will start defending him just to disagree with everyone because that's his schtick. Always has been always will. He did the same thing when his user name was Carey Price.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

I disagree, he doesn't have the vision to be a high point getter. He's got great skating, puck control and he's getting better defensively, but outside of his shot, he'd need two very good wingers to put up more than 60 points. I like what he's doing right now, he's playing his role very well and he should be good for 20+ goals per year.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

no points should be expected from anyone who has Prust as his best winger...

come on now...

mcdonaugh

Jan 7, 2014
what has happened to eller .. I watched a lot of montreal games in the beginning. The kid dominated. Is he still playing the same way. Someone please explain this scoring drought.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Eller is a million times better at centre, everyone realizes that except our Pejorative Slured coach. You're playing against the two top centres in the world and you put your second best defensive centre on the wing and keep two of the ********* defensive centres in the league in Desharnais and Briere at centre instead.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Ya he really hasn't changed the way he's playing. The issue is every other shift he has a new set of wingers or he's playing on the wing.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Eller needs someone creative to play with, this might be why he's stuggling while Chucky is out. Let's see how he does with Plek, if lines doesn't change.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He looks completely lost on the wing. He always has.

If the team sees him as a winger going forward it's time to trade him, because he's terrible at it. He has more value as even a defense-only center like he's been used most of this year than he does as a garbageman winger whose only value is hitting.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Apparently, MT put Eller on Pleks wing to bring more offense on that line but for some reason he sits Eller on the PP and put Briere instead.

I'm starting to doubt if Eller can develop properly with us... or with Therrien. In that case , I rather see him traded to get us a good winger and also for his own career. He has no chance succeed as a top 6 player in Montreal. Pleky is better, Galchenyuk is the future and DD is the team's sweetheart.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Apparently, MT put Eller on Pleks wing to bring more offense on that line but for some reason he sits Eller on the PP and put Briere instead.

Well... Brière has been more productive than Eller since December 5th, with far less icetime and even worse linemates. But I guess 4 points VS 3 points just shows how bad they've both been. None of them deserve PP time at this point.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
well. seems like there won't be another appreciation thread this season.
i mean i agree he got shafted with the whole dd-mt lovefest fiasco, but damn make a case for yourself Larry!!!

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Well... Brière has been more productive than Eller since December 5th, with far less icetime and even worse linemates. But I guess 4 points VS 3 points just shows how bad they've both been. None of them deserve PP time at this point.

These guys are nuts. Trade Eller.
DD has 23 pts in 27 games.

Habs don't need anyone. Just play Pacio and DD all game long, DD makes up for his lack of size with superior vision and that he makes passed to his left hand side only. He's a forechecking machine and that back check WOW. He's the best player the Habs have had since Lafleur.

Wait never mind that already happens.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
To be fair he should have gotten an assist on that absolutely perfect play to Gallagher that was disallowed for some insane reason.

Still not producing with his complete lack of PP time, etc, but he's really, really, really not a problem when he's playing at center.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
To be fair he should have gotten an assist on that absolutely perfect play to Gallagher that was disallowed for some insane reason.

Still not producing with his complete lack of PP time, etc, but he's really, really, really not a problem when he's playing at center.

I disagree. He's also struggling on the defensive side too. He's involved in way too many turnovers. He's -9 these past 8 games, -12 in the last 20 games and -14 if you remove the first 4 games of the season. That's just not good enough for a defensive center, who's not even facing the best opposing line since that's Plekanec's job. Eller's Corsi Rel Qoc is worse than DD's, and that tells a lot.

I like Eller and I think he can do much better than that. But he has to prove he can contribute better to earn more ice-time and responsabilities. It's not the other way around.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
I disagree. He's also struggling on the defensive side too. He's involved in way too many turnovers. He's -9 these past 8 games, -12 in the last 20 games and -14 if you remove the first 4 games of the season. That's just not good enough for a defensive center, who's not even facing the best opposing line since that's Plekanec's job. Eller's Corsi Rel Qoc is worse than DD's, and that tells a lot.

I like Eller and I think he can do much better than that. But he has to prove he can contribute better to earn more ice-time and responsabilities. It's not the other way around.
Ya pretty sure Eller has been the only one on the ice hence why he's a -9...

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
well. seems like there won't be another appreciation thread this season.
i mean i agree he got shafted with the whole dd-mt lovefest fiasco, but damn make a case for yourself Larry!!!

That's exactly how I feel. Yeah he hasn't been helped by the coach's decisions, but still, he has to find a way to produce more than he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad