Recalled/Assigned: Lappin recalled from Albany

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I get the impression that JJ and Boosh won't be here this time next year.

Fair or not there is a little bit of 'we didn't draft them' anti-player bias with just about every GM when they come into a new spot. JJ and Boucher played last year cause they had to but the first opportunity to marginalize them and play guys like Lappin who were signed by this front office they've done. I'm not even saying that's good or bad, certainly in JJ's case he's had more than enough chances. Boucher you'd like to see a guy who can score goals get more of a shot, but he doesn't have the ideal speed for the system.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Fair or not there is a little bit of 'we didn't draft them' anti-player bias with just about every GM when they come into a new spot. JJ and Boucher played last year cause they had to but the first opportunity to marginalize them and play guys like Lappin who were signed by this front office they've done. I'm not even saying that's good or bad, certainly in JJ's case he's had more than enough chances. Boucher you'd like to see a guy who can score goals get more of a shot, but he doesn't have the ideal speed for the system.

Maybe in Boosh's case, but this coaching group has given JJ every opportunity to cement his place on this team.

He just couldn't do it.

Boosh's speed and skating is killing him in this staff's eyes IMO. It makes some sense. His limited skill set prevents him from being an effective bottom 6er. He needs to be in a skill spot, but we aren't handing one of those out to him while everyone is healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad