Recalled/Assigned: Lappin recalled from Albany

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

The plot thickens I guess...man they really don't want to give Boucher a chance first :P

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Interesting.
Must mean someone is out due to injury or illness.

Albany hosts Toronto tomorrow so he must be needed in NJ.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Interesting. To my knowledge no one is injured. I guess they've already seen enough JJ, Boosh or Kalinin.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
No.
But only 6 dmen and so many extra forwards is odd.

They only have two extra forwards...it was thirteen this morning, Lappin's the fourteenth with Speers/Wood gone.

And with Albany playing at home they could recall Santini anytime this week and still not make a roster move.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Hall Zacha Palmieri
Cammalleri Henrique Parenteau
Bennett Zajac Lappin
Boucher Fiddler DSP

Do it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hall Zacha Palmieri
Bennett Zajac Lappin
Boucher Fiddler DSP

Do it.

I'm fine with that

But I can already feel Boucher getting scratched, although he really shouldn't be.:shakehead

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm fine with that

But I can already feel Boucher getting scratched, although he really shouldn't be.:shakehead

Meh. Boucher isn't really that impressive to be honest. He's got nice hands, but he's not particularly quick or good defensively. Lappin could potentially be a better skating version of Boucher.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Meh. Boucher isn't really that impressive to be honest. He's got nice hands, but he's not particularly quick or good defensively. Lappin could potentially be a better skating version of Boucher.

I just think we should be keeping anyone who provides offense in the lineup right now. And Boucher did have a pretty impressive resume in a half season of NHL play last season.

He also her more shots per game than all but 3 or 4 forwards last year, which obviously still wasn't too much of an impressive rate.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
The funny thing about all of this is that Hynes was quoted by AG saying how he prefers less extra bodies after they reassigned Santini to the A. There may be more to this..

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The funny thing about all of this is that Hynes was quoted by AG saying how he prefers less extra bodies after they reassigned Santini to the A. There may be more to this..

Not really.

With Bennett currently playing LW, Devils are short on RWs. DSP hasn't shown he should be anywhere about the fourth line so far and I'm guessing they aren't liking Josefson or Boucher at RW.

Lappin definitely brings something none of our other forwards bring with DSP being uneventful thus far.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Hall Zacha Palmieri
Bennett Zajac Lappin
Boucher Fiddler DSP

Do it.

Likely switch Zajac and Henrique. I'd rather Kalinin/Josefson than Boucher. Both of the former give us some flexibility with both having the ability to switch to C, if needed.

It seems like they are playing Henrique on the third line but using him to take occasional shifts away from Zacha when they want to give him a break.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Maybe they keep scratching Boush cause they think he's still wearing number 12, and keep seeing him pinned back in his own zone all the time. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad