Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
It seems like Danny Dubé (habs radio brodcaster-analyst) is « scared » that Hutson won’t sign this Spring with the Habs…. For him, (according to his own infos) Hutson might really want to play with his two brothers at BU and keep working on his physical weakenesses. And we all know, he would become free agent in Spring 2025…….

Dube has no insiders and is making sh*t up like usual. He is just a clown who's pea brain is unable to separate his own confirmation bias from publicly available quotes.

I am not sure why we continue to quote people outside of the organization......they quite literally don't know anything more than we do and because they are in sports broadcasting/media they are unlikely to be intelligent enough to arrive at a reasonable and informed conclusion. They succumb to the pressure of needing to look knowledgeable and we end up with this type of nonsensical drivel.

My wife says an extra inch would help a lot . . . dammit inside voice

Just one inch? Surely you could dig down deep and strain a little harder. :thumbu: Even if it means losing feeling in your toes lol.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
It seems like Danny Dubé (habs radio brodcaster-analyst) is « scared » that Hutson won’t sign this Spring with the Habs…. For him, (according to his own infos) Hutson might really want to play with his two brothers at BU and keep working on his physical weakenesses. And we all know, he would become free agent in Spring 2025…….
I seriously doubt hughes and gorton, with who they are for hockey in that area, have an issue signing prospects lol

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
August 15 2026

Reactions: Prairie Habs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If they lose it could be. Remember his younger brother Cole is coming to BU in the fall, maybe Lane wants to play with his 2 brothers...
I would be highly in favor of that. One more year to bulk up. And maybe we draft Cole with Colorado's 2nd.

Reactions: Tyson

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If they lose it could be. Remember his younger brother Cole is coming to BU in the fall, maybe Lane wants to play with his 2 brothers...
Lol hey look I love my brothers n everything...

But if the decision is choosing to live my DREAM of playing the NHL over spending a useless 3rd year in college..

I'm telling my brother peace out lol, you can use my stall tho

It's not like he didn't play with his other brother this year lol

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Lol hey look I love my brother's n everything...

But if the decision is choosing to live my DREAM of playing the NHL over spending a useless 3rd year in college..

I don't disagree...it is something to consider for him and his family.

Reactions: Redux91

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Whether he stays or not, he won't bulk up in college. Caufield was 160 coming out of college, now 175.

If you want him to bulk up you have to hope he turns pro.
Bulking up comes with age. But the lighter NCAA season and longer offseason is more conducive to bulking up.

But for sure it can be done at the NHL level. Gallagher really bulked up during his young career.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

There is no reason to believe that he does. Just understandable connect the dots scenario for fans and media.

Personally, I am torn on whether I want him to go back or to be in Laval but I am leaning towards Laval because I think he needs stronger voices around him that force him to add more mass and to work more diligently on his back skating. He keeps saying that he doesn't see a need to improve on these things until he is shown otherwise and that might take a stint in the AHL.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Don't even want to think about Hutson walking to UFA. I don't care if it's within his rights, if he does that after we drafted him it would be a huge betrayal of the Habs org. and fans.

Hopefully Dube is full of shit.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
It will be his dream of playing in the AHL next year, like Farrell this year with a big reality check.

Lol hey look I love my brothers n everything...

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Hutson is the anti-Slaf. Slaf had no big stats, not really spectacular, but he was a physical specimen with good speed for his size and a good shot, but nothing special with vison, hockey IQ and skills.

Hutson is the opposite, big stats, very high IQ, skills, vision, but extra small, especially for a D, average skating at best, and not a big shot. Will that translate to the NHL one day? I see a Farrell like path for him next year.

Hutson is the best performing NCAA defenseman this century. Many have done what Farrell did at an older age. Big discrepancy.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Hutson can slot in now to be an elite PP addition, but 5-on-5 NHL play will need to be situationally managed until strength + experience are gained IMO

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Don't even want to think about Hutson walking to UFA. I don't care if it's within his rights, if he does that after we drafted him it would be a huge betrayal of the Habs org. and fans.

Hopefully Dube is full of shit.

It's happened before in the NHL. Adam Fox turned his back on Calgary. But Calgary, Winnipeg, Ottawa, and Edmonton, being small Canadian markets, will always have that problem.

But until it happens to us, I won't worry about it. Everything indicates Hutson can't wait to be a Hab.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad