May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
San Jose is up 1-0 on the Preds right now
Chicago lost in regulation to the Islanders
Winnipeg lost in regulation to the Ducks
St.Louis and the Avs are tied at 1 right now

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Lemme guess, Under Armor sponsors Zach Parise - he's always decked out in their gear in post gamers.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Parise mentioned the bad ice this game and last game. He said something along the lines of not being able to make the shifty moves and having to play a very basic game.

thought he was talking about the dry scrape before the shoot out?

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Is there anywhere on the inter-webs that keeps track of what the standings and records would look like under the current system, the old system, and the 3 point system?

I haven't seen one lately, but I've seen them done in the past, and surprisingly there isn't much difference, especially for the really good teams and the crap teams. It might make a difference around the wild card spots.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Will gladly take those 2 points considering the catastrophe that is our blueline. Two PP goals on the road too. Good to see. Finally a game where our special teams stepped up and won it.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Left the thread for the last two periods, but awesome call on the 'only guy who can score on the a breakaway' OP. :laugh:

Huge win, since we can't really expect to win at Chicago the way they're playing.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Yeo: "What we talked about yesterday...."

You mean what you yelled at them yesterday. :biglaugh:

Spurg with just the flu bug. Good news....well not for him. But you get the point.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Well, two crappy periods of hockey, a good push in the third, and they get two points. I'm not happy with the process but the outcome is great.

I really thought the team didn't respond well to the chew out yesterday. Flat in the first again. I know they had about two NHL defensemen out there but come on.

Did Nino really get benched in OT? Wow.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Just finished watching the game on delay... Ugh. Arizona's announcers are probably the worst homers I've ever heard. I feel sorry for any casuals who tune in -- no chance in hell they'll understand how penalties should be called with those two jackasses narrating the game.

Glad for the two points, but we really need our proper d-men to be healthy and/or not suspended. Forwards weren't as crappy as they've been, but still could have stepped it up. Though, I will admit it was probably pretty awful having to dump it around the yotes' neutral-zone defense all night.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Well, two crappy periods of hockey, a good push in the third, and they get two points. I'm not happy with the process but the outcome is great.

I really thought the team didn't respond well to the chew out yesterday. Flat in the first again. I know they had about two NHL defensemen out there but come on.

Did Nino really get benched in OT? Wow.
Yep. And he scored another goal tonight. So he had some turnovers in the 3rd.....has Yeo benched Coyle when he's done the same? Doubt it. Our other vets have been turnover machines, yet do they sit? Who has a better chance of doing something....Nino, one of your leading scorers or Coyle? That kid must have Polaroids on the coach. Bet Nino is looking forward to the day when Yeo gets canned.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Crazy to think Brodin is still only 21 and can play 30 minutes of shutdown hockey with ease.

Seems like the only goals he is on the ice for are shots at a wide open net that he nearly blocks.

He has probably forever warped our expectations for young defenders on the Wild.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Crazy to think Brodin is still only 21 and can play 30 minutes of shutdown hockey with ease.

Seems like the only goals he is on the ice for are shots at a wide open net that he nearly blocks.

He has probably forever warped our expectations for young defenders on the Wild.

From Russos blog.

Brodin has been ridiculously good lately. Plus-8 in seven games since returning from the mumps. His plus-14 was tied for fourth among NHL blue-liners.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
From Russos blog.

Brodin has been ridiculously good lately. Plus-8 in seven games since returning from the mumps. His plus-14 was tied for fourth among NHL blue-liners.

Scandella is back Tuesday... hopefully Spurgeon is over his stomach virus by then and we can get in another rare occasion... a game with all 4 of our top 4 D-men.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Good win. 2 points was the goal. 2 points we received.

Parise is just so damn good. That tying goal, great shot in the shoot out.

I hate how we continue to be behind in games played. I can't stand it. I want us to catch up so are truly where we should be in the standings. For example, if we played 3 more games we'd surely overtake the Jets.

Florida and Minnesota are the only two teams who have only played 28 games with most teams at 30 games played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad