GDT: Lame Day Thread: 13 Dec 2014 - Wild @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Sorry for the late GDT, I'm still pretty hungover.

On Thursday, the boys went and **** the bed against a hilariously mediocre Sharks team. This time it wasn't just the power play (though it was terribad as usual) but some atrocious defense too. Vanek just kind of stopped playing hockey on the GWG.

Tonight, your Minnesota Mild take on the Arizona Who Gives a ****. Watch in awe as "The Most Talented Team This Franchise Has Ever Seen" do their best impression of a mathlete on prom night and spend sixty minutes jamming away at rebounds desperately trying to score.

If you don't want to subject yourself to watching this garbage team yet again, I'll save you the effort. Here's the game synopsis (from the fuuuuture!):

1ST PERIOD: They'll dominate in shots but Kuemper will give one up on a soft wrister from the blue line with 36 seconds left in the period.

2ND PERIOD: They'll come out slow, Coyle will have a bad turnover below the goal line which will be scooped up by...uh...do they still have BizNasty? Then they'll get a string of several power plays in a row and fail to convert, and then they'll just kind of turtle for the rest of the period, Kuemper will stand on his head to keep it 2-0, and that'll take us to the second intermission.

3RD PERIOD: They'll come out lukewarm, but score on a nice feed from behind the net about six minutes in just to get your hopes up. And then they'll spend 12 minutes throwing a barrage of garbage shots that make whatever backup-calibre goalie Arizona is trotting out look like a Vezina candidate. Finally, they'll unceremoniously give up an empty-netter within 10 seconds of pulling Kuemper.

Since Winnipeg and San Jose will obviously get the wins tonight, that will leave the Wild 7 points out of the playoffs. Seven points back! In ****ing December! Like, somehow they're actually off to a worse start than the team where Dany Heatley, Kyle Brodziak, Devin Setoguchi, Cal Clutterbuck, and Matt Cullen were the top five goal-scorers.

Look forward to the Strib comments section tomorrow. It'll be a doozy.

Jesus christ. **** this team, guys.

Lines:

Overpaid Grinder[sup]1[/sup] - Sophomore Slump - Mediocre Former Sabre
Only Person Capable of Scoring On A ******* Breakaway - Bad Leader - Mediocre Former Sabre
Herr Streaky - Yeo's Golden Boy - Undrafted
Goon - 7th Rounder - Grinder

Guy Who Will Play 45 Minutes - Runt
Second Year of Sophomore Slump - Scrub
Scrub - Scrub

[sup]1[/sup](But He's From Minnesota So Yaaaaay)

Last edited:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Xlfnc8g.gif

I dunno it seemed relevant.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I got a good laugh. Allow me to add to this.

Wild got a torn a new one by coach Yeo in practice. They'll come out firing and win 6-1. They'll then follow up by getting shutout in Chicago and then have my favorite type of home game (the home game after a road trip) and get destroyed by Boston. They'll then face a fresh Nashville team where they'll score the first and only goal against Rinne. Forsberg becomes the new Wild killer with a 3 point night. Everyone freaks out but they right the ship against Philly and Winnipeg and go into the new year average but in desperation.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
It's clear this team needs a spark. Whether it's a coaching change, trade, or demotion/call up something has got to give. This team is incredibly inconsistent and really looks and plays unmotivated a whole lot. The power play is a complete disaster.

We need a win tonight and a convincing win. This team has got to show something and get going.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
i wonder, would seats in section 118 like 5 rows back be pretty good? or would the netting kinda ruin it?

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Those are killer seats dude, enjoy! The netting is never really a problem IMO; it's not hard at all to tune it out. The only real question mark would be if row five is too close to see the whole ice. But 118 is on the side, not an end, so it's less of an issue, plus with the new jumbotron it's easier to follow the far end anyway.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
I have to hope that things will come around and we will show more effort tonight. Things need to turn around. I really hope all of you guys come back. At least we are watching hockey right? Go Wild!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm watching this game only because I don't deserve to be happy.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH

Of course you don't!! None of us do. We are Wild fans of course. lol :) :sarcasm:

In all seriousness I think we win tonight. I feel like it's a "must win". The western conference is too good. We need to start playing like we know we can now.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

i like it. i'm doing it because i already feel sick. i'm on the verge of puking...need that little something extra to get the ball rolling

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Russo's tweet

Must be fans of knives, cause I don't know why anyone would follow this team to Arizona.

Cluttered

Jul 16, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
I'm gonna go down to the corner store and buy a pack of bacon. Maybe grilling it up will send tasty vibes down to the boys and they'll pump out a win. If not, well, I'll still have bacon.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Russo's tweet

Must be fans of knives, cause I don't know why anyone would follow this team to Arizona.

I doubt it's people flying to see them--the Wild actually seem to draw a pretty good transplant crowd almost anywhere they go (in the States anyway). That was definitely the case when I went in San Jose.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I doubt it's people flying to see them--the Wild actually seem to draw a pretty good transplant crowd almost anywhere they go (in the States anyway). That was definitely the case when I went in San Jose.

Just let me trash talk the team ok! You're being way too optimistic for this thread

:sarcasm:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
no, i'm really sick.

swiss flag in near empty arena = a better than average chance at getting a puck or a stick tossed to you, i'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad