Lake Erie Monsters/Kalamazoo Wings Thread V (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlichkoBro*

Watched highlights and his save on penalty kill would have been all over the media if it happened in the NHL.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
How is milano doing?

Good but raw. Maturity is still an issue (mostly trying to make highlight reel plays rather than make sure he scores).

I would consider calling him up when the active roster limit is dropped at the trade deadline, but not before. Not worth a 23-man roster spot until next year, in my opinion.

Barring massive injuries, of course.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Good but raw. Maturity is still an issue (mostly trying to make highlight reel plays rather than make sure he scores).

I would consider calling him up when the active roster limit is dropped at the trade deadline, but not before. Not worth a 23-man roster spot until next year, in my opinion.

Barring massive injuries, of course.

How about Bjorkstrand so far?

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Ambroz sent down, but I'm not entirely sure where. The AHL site and Monsters twitter have him going to Kalamazoo, while the ECHL transaction report has him going to Cincinnati.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
IMO, he's still getting used to playing with men and not being able to dominate games. The numbers will come in time, but he only has 2 assists in 5 games so far.

He's in the top 20 in the AHL in shots on goal and the kid is a sniper. The goals will come, he's getting his chances.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
He's in the top 20 in the AHL in shots on goal and the kid is a sniper. The goals will come, he's getting his chances.

I know, at least in the 2 home games I saw the shots weren't too high quality. He would streak in down the wings and fire shots kinda like the Skille snipe. I am by no means saying he's played poorly, and I really think he'll start finding the back of the net. Just saying there's the rookie learning curve.

KlichkoBro*

So Yevenko scored his 1st AHL goal. He also has been on the ice for both goals against, but you can't blame him for any. The first one was after the bad turnover by Paliotta and then was a perfect shot from the blue line. LEM keep playing with 7 defensemen and 11 forwards. And keep winning. Rychel scored game-winner and now he has 7 points in 5 games.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Where Jackets Woodchuck? We won yesterday 3-2 in game against Charlotte.
Goal by Hannikainen, Yevenko and Rychel.
Third consecutive win.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Sorry for not posting anything. I was at the game yesterday and was exhausted when I got home. Today has been busy so I had no time to post anything.

Nothing to say about lines last night, 11 forwards and 7 defensemen dressing led to rotating lines. It seemed like Sedlak was out there at Center every other shift and Anderson nearly scored on a shorthanded breakaway. Broadhurst skated in the warm-up but was scratched for the game. Defensive issues are starting to show up a little more in Cleveland and I think Korpisalo is better at goalie than Forsberg, but the org must think Anton has a higher ceiling.

stonedge

Jan 19, 2011
Hey guys, wondering about rychel. Stat watching for prospects for my fantasy team and popped in to find out how he's doing and although he's crushing it on the scoreboard not hearing much about him. Has he just been lucky?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Hey guys, wondering about rychel. Stat watching for prospects for my fantasy team and popped in to find out how he's doing and although he's crushing it on the scoreboard not hearing much about him. Has he just been lucky?

Well, he's not in Columbus so I guess you can say he's been lucky. :sarcasm:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Here, but it's ridiculously expensive (as is pretty much all non-NHL hockey, I'll never understand why hockey is the one sport where minor league streaming is so much more expensive than the major league, usually it gets cheaper).

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/

I didn't think of this earlier, but this link is also a good source of (free) highlights for away games as you get goals by both teams (not as good of picture quality as what you get from the opposing team's site, but not as biased, either).

Frank Booth

Feb 13, 2008
Lumberton, USA
I never understood why Monsters' game were not shown on STO in the winter, since Fox bought it out. Only twice, for the Rochester outdoor game, and to avoid a conflict with a Jackets' playoff game, has STO had games. Good to see 5 games added to the schedule. Since they're all home games, it does me no good. I hate the very uneven quality of AHL Live.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Agreed on the lack of away games telecast. That would be huge for those of us who attend most/all home games.

Also, I've always thought that STO should air the Cavs so that fans in NE Ohio don't have to worry about alt channels/FS Cincinnati to get conflicting Jackets game (I believe satellite subscribers need to buy the sports pack to get the latter to see conflicting games).

My idea
STO = Cleveland teams
FSO = Columbus/Cincinnati teams

Fox Sports Net already does something similar with FS Florida (Miami teams) and Sun Sports (Orlando/Tampa Bay teams).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad