Confirmed Trade: [LAK/WPG] Pierre-Luc Dubois (signs 8 years, $8.5M AAV) for Gabe Vilardi, Alex Iafallo, Rasmus Kupari, 2024 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
So if it's true, Pagnotta was correct in the basis of it.

Vilardi
Iafallo
Younger NHL roster player(Kupari)
Said something else, maybe a pick

PLD
*Harkins*(Ken Wiebe reported this)
And something else (we all speculate Stanley, but maybe Heinola)

Reactions: kinghock

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I think there'd be 2 pieces going back in addition to Dubois if the reporting over the weekend is to be believed

Has to be, can't really see this going through for only dubois.

Huh? If an older, inferior center in Bo Horvat was worth a 1st, Raty and Beauvillier how is Dubois not worth this package? Iafallo = Beauvillier, Kupari = Raty and the 17th overall pick in this draft is probably more valuable than Vilardi.

Sorry but that's just not true. Dubois has shown nothing to say he's above Horvat in any way.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Can a kings fan please tell me the deal about Vilardi? Why do people think he’s good? Had a very good 1st half of season then was awful the 2nd half. Watching him play he looks like a sub 50 point 3rd line winger.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Has to be, can't really see this going through for only dubois.

Sorry but that's just not true. Dubois has shown nothing to say he's above Horvat in any way.

Jansen Harkins has been reported, he was in the AHL mostly but probably should've been on the bottom 6 instead of the waiver stuff like Kuhlman and AJF the Jets picked up this year. Otherwise, maybe Logan Stanley?

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Okay let's say they're equals. Dubois is three full years younger than Horvat which means an 8 year contract is a lot less risky and he may not have even hit his peak yet. LA is giving up a similar (IMO worse) package to NYI for a more valuable asset.

Reactions: kinghock

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
If it's only for Dubois, that is f***ing awful. There I said it, Dubois isn't worth all that.
Yeah I don't get the appeal. He's a solid 2C but I think he's already reached his ceiling and will be coming with a huge extension on top of the trade assets. Plus, although a minor concern, there are locker room/commitment concerns that will probably follow him to his 3rd team.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Can a kings fan please tell me the deal about Vilardi? Why do people think he’s good? Had a very good 1st half of season then was awful the 2nd half. Watching him play he looks like a sub 50 point 3rd line winger.
Basically has elite shot suppression metrics which makes him an ideal middle six complimentary piece that has some skill to finish

Big concern is injury history, otherwise he looks like a good piece for both regular season and playoffs with his style?

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
Ooof. Now I get why Montreal was hesitant. If that’s what it takes to get him I’m sure habs fans are content with staying pat. Curious what his new deal will come in as. For that price you’d hope he signed somewhere close to 8x8

Reactions: viceroy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad