Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Kings sign Quinton Byfield to ELC (3 years, $925k AAV)

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Call your shot. Over under on him being the best black player ever. Jarome Iginla has to be the place holder unless I'm completely ignorant and forgetting someone. For me he has the tool set to do it but I give it about a 10% chance which is amazing odds regardless. Don't like bringing race into any conversation but I think it's an interesting topic to discuss.
Akim Aliu

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Unfortunately for Quinton that is a very high ceiling to reach. I can see Byfield potentially having a ceiling of Malkin but even then I don't know if I would say Malkin is better than Iginla. Malkin will certainly make the HoF but the only advantage I would say he has over Iggy is actually getting a cup ring.

Neither is a top 100 player.

Sincerely,

- The NHL writers

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
On a serious note, here's something I don't think anyone's brought up.

We have two historically talented and tall 1Cs on this team. I certainly wouldn't mind if Byfield became a perennial 40-50+ goal scorer and a gym rat, learning how to do so from Jeff Carter. Carter's skate into the slot and let'er rip with a wrist shot above the goalie's shoulder works so consistently because he's tall and skates fast, and he has a certain stick and technique. The former sounds 100% Byfield, the second sounds like something Jeff maybe can teach.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i'm just glad that Mitchell Miller is in the same division as us, would be nice to have Byfield introduce him to the NHL

lawrence

May 19, 2012
i'm just glad that Mitchell Miller is in the same division as us, would be nice to have Byfield introduce him to the NHL

Miller might not even make the NHL because of this. GM's don't want players like this. there is immaturity, and then theres Mitchell Miller who is a racist. no room for this.

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
Feel free to quote me on where I said any of that.

When you’re done making excuses as to why you can’t find me saying anything about knowing that before the 1993 draft, then ask yourself how the hell would I come to such a conclusion.

You’ll realize that with time, it was apparent that his head wasn’t in the game and your comparison is an absolute joke regardless of how dumb of an assumption you made about me “knowing before the draft” because I never said that and never implied.

You just assumed once again and made an ass of yourself.

Yeah because we all found out later in his career, you know like when he took time off and made terrible movies and tried to come back after?

Sounds pretty well documented to me.

I’d have to say you’re being obtuse, because there’s no possible way you can be dense enough to think that me replying solely to an asinine comparison that you made has any such sort of mutual exclusivity as to whether or not I think Byfield could end up being a better player than Lafreniere and if so, you’ve got more problems than comprehension and your terrible analysis of my “takes” which you’re still not caught up with.

Last I checked, it isn’t the Kings’ board either.

Another swing, another miss.

And yes, you comparing Alexis Lafreniere to Alexandre Daigle is a dogshit take.

You’re like a bad poker player, with a terrible game face, pot committed and can’t back away from the hand because your ego won’t let you, hung up on a take so bad that you’re grasping at straws trying to make even more faulty assumptions on.

Keep digging your own grave. It’s fun to watch.

My god, people actually get this upset by others posts here? Step back from the phone/keyboard here.

He didn't say oh Laf is just like Daigle. Regardless to exactly what the reason is, theres no way you, him or anyone else can know exactly what is or isn't going on with Laf. While odds are in his favor, there's always a possibility he ends up being a bust. It's not that hard to understand what he's saying. Seems like everyone but you does. But you give off that everyone else is wrong vibe so I'm sure that's the case here.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
My god, people actually get this upset by others posts here? Step back from the phone/keyboard here.

He didn't say oh Laf is just like Daigle. Regardless to exactly what the reason is, theres no way you, him or anyone else can know exactly what is or isn't going on with Laf. While odds are in his favor, there's always a possibility he ends up being a bust. It's not that hard to understand what he's saying. Seems like everyone but you does. But you give off that everyone else is wrong vibe so I'm sure that's the case here.

As opposed to the “I’m always late to the party and try too hard to fit in vibe?”

Get lost.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Hopefully Mitchell never sniffs NHL action in his life. He doesn’t deserve it.

Byfield on the other hand I can’t wait to watch!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad