Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Kings sign Quinton Byfield to ELC (3 years, $925k AAV)

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
1) He looks happy to sign...very good thing to see from someone we invested so much already to draft. Feeling good already. Everyone knows I sang Stutzle's praises when the choice was up in the air (got hooked on watching his video feed like Draft Dynasty did) but I bleed Kings so I only have the best hopes for him. He may have to go all the way around the Monopoly board starting from Go but he could wind up owning both Park Place and Boardwalk.
Will be interesting to see him in person when he resides in LA. I'm 6'2" so most of the Kings players are about equal size...he'll dwarf me like he plays on the Lakers.
Side note: I'm waiting on Upper Deck to let us Americans be able to order/purchase the CHL hockey card set...I want to pick up at least a couple of cases. It has tons of Kings and Byfield will be the best King card/s to get.
2) That table cloth looks like a couple of Mayan calendars...you sure this photo isn't somewhere deep in the southwest? :D

BREAKING: 18 year old realizes his life long dream.... is very happy.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Kind of a weird spot the Kings are in. If the OHL is seriously saying no contact allowed then it might be better for him to be up in the NHL. But he's definitely one of the more raw players picked in the top 10 and I'm not sure if looking lost in a NHL bottom 6 would really be the best for him either.

I'd probably at least try him out in the NHL to see how comfortable he looks. Not like the LAK have a ton of expectations for next season anyway.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I generally agree on Lafreniere's head for the game but I just think that's because his hockey brain is that good rather than QB's being deficient in any way, and I think people are laying way too much into Byfield's WJC as the only indicator of who he is as a player.

And I think we'll see that this year when he's playing against bigger opposition--which imo will actually be better for him--and with better support around him as well.
I can definitely buy into this line of thinking. :thumbu:

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kind of a weird spot the Kings are in. If the OHL is seriously saying no contact allowed then it might be better for him to be up in the NHL. But he's definitely one of the more raw players picked in the top 10 and I'm not sure if looking lost in a NHL bottom 6 would really be the best for him either.

I'd probably at least try him out in the NHL to see how comfortable he looks. Not like the LAK have a ton of expectations for next season anyway.

I think the WJC will be telling. Such a weird year though, who knows.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017

I would maybe send him to Europe.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Yeah, because Lafreniere is not motivated at all and cares more about getting into acting like Daigle did.

Let's be real. You have no f***ing idea what's going on in Lafreniere's head. While I agree, he is practically a sure thing, never say never. How many times has prospect x not lived up to the hype and prospect y went above and beyond? To say anyone is guaranteed to be the best is just ignorant. Especially when the difference is one draft position, anything can happen at that point.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Let's be real. You have no f***ing idea what's going on in Lafreniere's head. While I agree, he is practically a sure thing, never say never. How many times has prospect x not lived up to the hype and prospect y went above and beyond? To say anyone is guaranteed to be the best is just ignorant. Especially when the difference is one draft position, anything can happen at that point.

So much irony in one post, where do I start?

1. You want to talk about ignorance when you compared Lafreniere to an objectively and well documented unmotivated Alexandre Daigle? Don’t throw stones in glass houses and then start whining and bitching about when someone calls out on a dogshit take like that. Take your pompous, holier than thou act some place else.

2. I never said ANYTHING about Byfield. If there’s any player in this draft that has the potential to be better than Lafreniere, it’s Byfield. It’s funny you talk about assumptions, yet your post is one gigantic misguided assumption.

Maybe you should practice what you preach, what a joke.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I’m sure he does. You want to join him?

Sure, I’ll go entertain you and the rest of the lost Rangers fans in the Lafreniere thread.

God forbid some fans think Byfield could be better than the guy who went #1.

I’m certain Rangers fans didn’t ever consider Kakko to be as good as the guy who went ahead of him in 2019. No chance of that happening, right?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Normally, I’d be happy for you having the ability to read, but apparently you didn’t read anything I’ve said, so I’m not sure if I can say that with certainty.

thanks man ill take all the support i can get at this point

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
So much irony in one post, where do I start?

1. You want to talk about ignorance when you compared Lafreniere to an objectively and well documented unmotivated Alexandre Daigle? Don’t throw stones in glass houses and then start whining and bitching about when someone calls out on a dogshit take like that. Take your pompous, holier than thou act some place else.

2. I never said ANYTHING about Byfield. If there’s any player in this draft that has the potential to be better than Lafreniere, it’s Byfield. It’s funny you talk about assumptions, yet your post is one gigantic misguided assumption.

Maybe you should practice what you preach, what a joke.

1. Objectively and well-documented? Clearly, you weren't alive for Daigle's draft because the hype behind him was real and there was no clear understanding that he wasn't 100% committed to hockey before and during the draft... I find it hard to believe if such a thing was an objective truth, well-documented to all, that he would have been drafted 1st overall for instance... I mean, if only Ottawa had you in the room at the time...

2. Clearly your confusion is on display for all to behold because you literally replied to my reply to a Ranger fan informing us that Byfield has no chance of being the best player in the draft with him, at least, having some chance by the very logical definition that his chances aren't 0%. This leads us to your great contribution to this thread and discussion concerning Byfield's ELC signing to claim how well-documented that Daigle was unmotivated versus to how much we all clearly know is going on in Lafreniere's solid mental framework just a couple of weeks after their draft selections. Therefore, what? I must admit, I haven't the slightest clue of your motive or point you were trying to make after that statement and contribution to our discussion. Maybe you can elaborate further...

And I have the dogshit take here? I think you've lost your way, this isn't the Rangers' board.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Sure, I’ll go entertain you and the rest of the lost Rangers fans in the Lafreniere thread.

God forbid some fans think Byfield could be better than the guy who went #1.

I’m certain Rangers fans didn’t ever consider Kakko to be as good as the guy who went ahead of him in 2019. No chance of that happening, right?

Holy shit, is it that much to ask for someone to read?

I never said anything about Byfield. I simply responded to an asinine comparison that you would have responded to as well.

I even said Byfield has the potential to be better than Lafreniere.

READ.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
1. Objectively and well-documented? Clearly, you weren't alive for Daigle's draft because the hype behind him was real and there was no clear understanding that he wasn't 100% committed to hockey before and during the draft...

Feel free to quote me on where I said any of that.

When you’re done making excuses as to why you can’t find me saying anything about knowing that before the 1993 draft, then ask yourself how the hell would I come to such a conclusion.

You’ll realize that with time, it was apparent that his head wasn’t in the game and your comparison is an absolute joke regardless of how dumb of an assumption you made about me “knowing before the draft” because I never said that and never implied.

You just assumed once again and made an ass of yourself.

I find it hard to believe if such a thing was an objective truth, well-documented to all, that he would have been drafted 1st overall for instance... I mean, if only Ottawa had you in the room at the time...

Yeah because we all found out later in his career, you know like when he took time off and made terrible movies and tried to come back after?

Sounds pretty well documented to me.

2. Clearly your confusion is on display for all to behold because you literally replied to my reply to a Ranger fan informing us that Byfield has no chance of being the best player in the draft with him, at least, having some chance by the very logical definition that his chances aren't 0%. This leads us to your great contribution to this thread and discussion concerning Byfield's ELC signing to claim how well-documented that Daigle was unmotivated versus to how much we all clearly know is going on in Lafreniere's solid mental framework just a couple of weeks after their draft selections. Therefore, what? I must admit, I haven't the slightest clue of your motive or point you were trying to make after that statement and contribution to our discussion. Maybe you can elaborate further...

I’d have to say you’re being obtuse, because there’s no possible way you can be dense enough to think that me replying solely to an asinine comparison that you made has any such sort of mutual exclusivity as to whether or not I think Byfield could end up being a better player than Lafreniere and if so, you’ve got more problems than comprehension and your terrible analysis of my “takes” which you’re still not caught up with.

And I have the dogshit take here? I think you've lost your way, this isn't the Rangers' board.

Last I checked, it isn’t the Kings’ board either.

Another swing, another miss.

And yes, you comparing Alexis Lafreniere to Alexandre Daigle is a dogshit take.

You’re like a bad poker player, with a terrible game face, pot committed and can’t back away from the hand because your ego won’t let you, hung up on a take so bad that you’re grasping at straws trying to make even more faulty assumptions on.

Keep digging your own grave. It’s fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad