Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] D Mikey Anderson signs extension with the Kings (8 years, $4.125M AAV)

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I'm not as high on him as others are. He's always been paired with Doughty and has always struggled without him.

Since 2020-21:
View attachment 650870

Just last season, when Doughty was often injured:
View attachment 650871

His Corsi then dropped further to 46.1% in the playoff series with Edmonton that Doughty missed all of. It's been only 47% without him this season.

Like Forbort before him, he looks good next to Doughty, but average at best once you separate them. As long as nothing changes, it's all good, but things are bound to change, as they did with Forbort. Eventually, he may be moved down to the 2nd pair, where he probably belongs, or Doughty will begin to decline and Anderson may start to look like a much more average player with a lot of term left. Of course, he's only 23, so he may well improve by then and start to hold his own. I hope so. He seems like a good kid.
Wait, was most of his time away from doughty that year the King's had every starting D injured at some point & it was a literal trainwreck? & They still got in the playoffs? Thanks for playing.
😂

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Wait, was most of his time away from doughty that year the King's had every starting D injured at some point & it was a literal trainwreck? & They still got in the playoffs? Thanks for playing.
😂
Earlier in the thread, you said that he really stepped up when Doughty was injured last year. Now, after I pointed out that his stats were actually rough away from Doughty, you seem to be excusing them because of the injury situation. You can't have it both ways.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Maybe where he lacks in stats thus far he'll make up in hosting potential free agents in a sweet Manhattan Beach place he can afford now.

David Catselhoff

Jan 14, 2005
On this monumental occasion, I asked ChatGPT to write us a song about it.

Verse 1: Mikey Anderson signed the deal, it's big time,
32.8 million, he's got the cash to climb,
A future King, his talent's real,
Defense so tight, he's got the skills to seal the deal.

Chorus: Mikey Anderson, the future's bright,
He's got the game on lock, it's all right,
With him on the team, the Kings are tight,
He's got the hustle and drive to ignite.

Verse 2: Got the heart of a lion, he's a king in the making,
Anderson's got the passion, there's no faking,
His game's tight, it's gonna elevate,
The Kings' legacy, he's gonna dominate.

got the game on lock, it's all right,

Verse 3: He's got the grit, he's got the heart,
With 32.8 million, he's ready to start,
The future of the Kings, right from the jump,
Anderson's got the power, he's gonna run.

He's got the game on lock, it's all right,

Outro: Mikey Anderson, he's the man,
Got the Kings' back, got the game plan,
32.8 million, that's what he brings,
Thank you, Mikey, for making us Kings.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
This deal could become one of the best contracts for defensemen in the NHL.

Mikey Anderson is still on the rise with the cap also rising this contract is a really good deal for the Kings, good signing by Blake.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Reminds me of the Samuelsson deal over the offseason - good for the Kings. Looks great against the Sabres earlier this week.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Watched a decent number of LA games early in the year and wasn't particularly impressed. Basically the definition of stone hands but he seems to be shoe horned into being the King's Muzzin this time around and I just don't see it. His stats away from Doughty are pretty rough too.
Muzzin and Doughty never worked. This does

TLDR: Mikey Anderson was the 8th-best shutdown defenseman in the NHL last year. He’s also looked significantly better this year than he did last year.
wait I thought Mikey was shit last year because Drew was injured and could not carry his ass.

Also needs to be repeated LA's D was in shambles last year.

Reactions: kilowatt

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Nothing wrong with the money or player, but I am never a fan of giving the non bus driver players full length deals.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
And once again, hockey scrambles to tweet shit without knowing what it is. Stuff like this makes the product difficult to market. If Woj tweets something, the entire NBA fanbase looks on because they can accept it as gospel and then we have something concrete. Here we get guys getting scratched and we gotta wait 2 weeks for something to happen in the last 2 hours of the TDL

You might as well get hype men for paint drying
Watching paint dry is definitely more exciting than watching deadline coverage.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Ya that Killorn deal really bit Tampa in the a$$. He's already worth this money and this will be a steal for the duration of the contract.

Just because it worked out once, doesn't make that the norm. He could get hurt and fall completely off where he is now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad