Confirmed with Link: (LAK/CAR) Kings acquire Sekera from Canes

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
That's the thing that sucks. Each time the team has prepped to defend their title, something unexpected happens to our blueline. Losing Mitchell for the 2013 season during the lockout, then Greene on opening day killed our repeat chances. Lombardi picked up McNabb in part to help replace Mitchell, as his departure was expected. But Voynov getting into legal hot water was very unexpected to say the least. Oh well, that's why it's hard to repeat.

On Sekera, I don't know how it will work, but I really do hope we keep him after this season. I like what I'm seeing lately.

I think DL will try to keep him. The question is what do we have to lose to do so? Since if Voynov is cleared. And say Sekera wants 5M that would give us 26.66M in just 6 D. And with the cap being projected at say 71M that's almost 37.5% of the cap. Even if it goes to 72M that would be almost 37%.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I think DL will try to keep him. The question is what do we have to lose to do so? Since if Voynov is cleared. And say Sekera wants 5M that would give us 26.66M in just 6 D. And with the cap being projected at say 71M that's almost 37.5% of the cap. Even if it goes to 72M that would be almost 37%.

I don't see Sekera getting $5.5 million in free agency. I just don't. $4 - $4.5 I can buy, but not $5 million or more. But it's also not a stretch to see some dumb GM go nuts in free agency, like Washington last year on Niskanen and Orpik.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
I don't see Sekera getting $5.5 million in free agency. I just don't. $4 - $4.5 I can buy, but not $5 million or more. But it's also not a stretch to see some dumb GM go nuts in free agency, like Washington last year on Niskanen and Orpik.

The following are pre-trade tweets. He is "probably" looking at a contract in the 5M range. We will soon see.

"Also, CAR now has Andrej Sekera on the market. CAR tried to sign him but he was looking for "Marc Staal money," aka $5.5M to $6M AAV."

"The inferior-in-every-way Marc Methot signed a 4-year, $19.6M ($4.9M AAV) deal."

BamBam1031

Aug 8, 2008
Losing a player of Sekera's skill level would hurt. And thats not even taking into consideration what we gave up to get him.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings only re-sign Sekera if Voynov is out.

Kings can't afford to have a D-core of Doughty, Muzzin, Martinez, Sekera, Greene, Voynov, and the lowly paid McNabb.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Kings only re-sign Sekera if Voynov is out.

Kings can't afford to have a D-core of Doughty, Muzzin, Martinez, Sekera, Greene, Voynov, and the lowly paid McNabb.
I agree it would take VV to be out to sign Sekera. But at that point, you can also look around the whole league at UFAs and see what if anything makes sense. You don't need to be absolutely stuck on Sekera just because you rented him.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
The following are pre-trade tweets. He is "probably" looking at a contract in the 5M range. We will soon see.

"Also, CAR now has Andrej Sekera on the market. CAR tried to sign him but he was looking for "Marc Staal money," aka $5.5M to $6M AAV."

"The inferior-in-every-way Marc Methot signed a 4-year, $19.6M ($4.9M AAV) deal."

Tweets from whom?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad