Laine-Sheifele-Ehlers best line in NHL?

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
I really like the way that line works together. Ehlers got that dynamic skating ability and elite hands. He's so good at finding space out there. Scheifele and Laine both have killer shots and both make such smart plays out there. The puck keeps finding those 3 when they're out there and they're making things happen most every shift.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If they were you'd think they'd be higher in the standings.

Jets have had the most significant number of important man games lost with injuries and a hold-out (Trouba) in the NHL. You'd think Dallas would be doing better, too, but they've also been decimated by key injuries.

Take 7 regulars out of the Leafs line-up, including Rielly and Gardiner and either Kadri or Matthews for extended stretches and let me know how you think they'd perform over the first 30 games. The Jets have had their top two C's together for less than 10 games, and have never had their top-4 D.

Having said that, I think the Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine line might be the best offensively, but they still have a ways to go in the defensive zone before they can be considered a really top line. That's not a big surprise since they are very young and are facing the opposition's best lines every night (especially when Little and Perreault were injured).

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
Jets have had the most significant number of important man games lost with injuries and a hold-out (Trouba) in the NHL. You'd think Dallas would be doing better, too, but they've also been decimated by key injuries.

Take 7 regulars out of the Leafs line-up, including Rielly and Gardiner and either Kadri or Matthews for extended stretches and let me know how you think they'd perform over the first 30 games. The Jets have had their top two C's together for less than 10 games, and have never had their top-4 D.

Having said that, I think the Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine line might be the best offensively, but they still have a ways to go in the defensive zone before they can be considered a really top line. That's not a big surprise since they are very young and are facing the opposition's best lines every night (especially when Little and Perreault were injured).

Boo hoo. Id break a leg living in winnipeg too

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
No. This thread belongs in the Jets forum.

Please lock this thread

Thread wasn't started by a Jets fan and if you look at the posts from Jets fans it's at least 5-1 saying they are NOT the best line in the NHL. It's sad when you see a post and don't even have to check what province a person lives in to know where it came from. Daryl from Burlington acting as the voice of reason for locking threads. :laugh:

They are not the number 1 line in hockey. PMo blends lines constantly so there is no set lines for the Jets. When they do play together they are flashy, dangerous, and right up there offensively but not good enough defensively yet to be considered amongst the best.

ShooTer44

Oct 6, 2012
or you can take off your rose-coloured glasses.

:handclap: I think I see you and your multiple posts in almost every Winnipeg Jets thread and saying how they are "not good" and or w/e. I would then suggest that you should take off your welding goggles. :sarcasm:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Definitely up there offensively, need to improve a bit defensively but that'll come with time

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Wasn't this thread already started earlier this year after they played well together for like 4 or 5 games then immediately went ice cold. I'd be careful on the jinx threads.

They were super hot then after 14 games genius Maurice decided to switch Laine to RW, because learning the NHL and smaller rink wasn't enough of a burden, and Ehlers to LW. They cooled right off and a couple games later went on a 0-5 road trip. Prior to that Laine had 11 goals in 14 games, Schiefele led the league in scoring and Ehlers had a ton of assists.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
They were super hot then after 14 games genius Maurice decided to switch Laine to RW, because learning the NHL and smaller rink wasn't enough of a burden, and Ehlers to LW. They cooled right off and a couple games later went on a 0-5 road trip. Prior to that Laine had 11 goals in 14 games, Schiefele led the league in scoring and Ehlers had a ton of assists.

The finns did the same a the worlds with laine putting him on the RW i wonder why they do that ? i've heard it has something to do with defence? could someone clarify

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Are they even in a playoff spot? You'd think the best line in the NHL could manage more than a below .500 record :laugh:

They are good but not good enough to over come, the sub true .500, coaching of Maurice. Leaf Fan, how would your young stars be doing if you had Maurice back?

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Thread wasn't started by a Jets fan and if you look at the posts from Jets fans it's at least 5-1 saying they are NOT the best line in the NHL. It's sad when you see a post and don't even have to check what province a person lives in to know where it came from. Daryl from Burlington acting as the voice of reason for locking threads. :laugh:

They are not the number 1 line in hockey. PMo blends lines constantly so there is no set lines for the Jets. When they do play together they are flashy, dangerous, and right up there offensively but not good enough defensively yet to be considered amongst the best.

Consensus reaches about the line and the thread, the topic. Please lock, So trollboys of that threadless fanbase don't have to come troll about these things. :sarcasm:

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Leafs fan here. I don't think they are right now but man do they have a chance. While I understand the new and shiny is always popular here, I am much more impressed with Schiefle than most and think that he is on his way to becoming an Elite Centre in this league. With Ehlers and Laine on his wing, he is going to do some serious damage.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Not even close. Maybe in 3-5 years. Plenty of better lines - Kane line, Bergeron line etc. Even Minnesota's Nino-Staal-Coyle line has been better when you look at 5v5. I'd say they have the potential to be a dominant unit, but can't hold on the puck long enough yet. Theoretically though, this should be a dominant unit down the line - you have the do-no-wrong C in Scheifele, the sniper in Laine and the playmaker in Ehlers.

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
All 3 players are top 20 in scoring, and they're fun as hell to watch on the ice. Absolutely one of the best lines in hockey

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
We've had this topic before and yes, they are pretty good unit. If Ehlers knew how to shoot they might compete for the being the best title. I still remember watching Selänne - Kariya duo and damn it was such a treat, both of them really able to wind it up. Ehlers does has his advantages though and compliments the other two well. I just get really frustrated at times when Laine or whoever sends him on a breakaway and he just never buries it.

But man, this Laine kid... he throws heavy hits, can truly pass the puck and shoot at the same time. Such a beast while being even barely an adult. Can't remember ever seeing anyone quite like him. These are good times for the people that appreciate this sport and Finns in particular. The Jets rookie season vol. 2. Different time and different era, yet such a treat all over again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad