Laine-Sheifele-Ehlers best line in NHL?

KevEggs

Jul 4, 2016
New York
They have a combined 90 points and are 18, 20, and 23 years old. They might not be extraordinary defensively but they can put up dangerous numbers offensively. If this line stays together for years, they can easily be one of, if not, the best line for years to come

randomhockeyfan

Sep 23, 2016
Nope, they're too inconsistent. If they performed like they do in the most dominant nights, then sure but they're not there just yet.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
some games they are, more times they aren't though. GREAT line yes, and in the future they might be, but not now.

Too inconsistent and don't always play together. Seems like Maurice swaps the lines around every time I watch

Last edited:

Nicos

Dec 14, 2016
No they aren't. Too inconsistent and too many off-nights. But they really are a treat to watch when they got their groove on. :yo:

And thinking that the middle-age of that line is 20 yo is something to think for the future, just hoping Maurice keeps them together.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
They have a combined 90 points and are 18, 20, and 23 years old. They might not be extraordinary defensively but they can put up dangerous numbers offensively. If this line stays together for years, they can easily be one of, if not, the best line for years to come

Maybe in the top 15 if they keep it up

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Every time I watch the Jets there's a different combination of lines. Yes these three are incredible when together, but that isn't always the case.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
All three of them are in top 20 in scoring. If you answer "nope" then tell us at least your alternative.

Scheifele is 4th at even strenght points, Ehlers is tied at 5th and Laine 13th.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
The most dangerous line off the rush atm. Other than that they need some consistency and shutdown quality to their game. Obviously very entertaining to watch for sure.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
No. They're not. You'd want your 1st line to not bleed shots like they do.

Except they don't? Ehlers is above average defensively, Schiefele is good to almost great, and Laine is decent enough. Enstrom is declining terribly, Byfuglien sucks, and Trouba is mep this year so far, and Myers never stays healthy. Also goaltending coach is terrible and both goalies give up a lot of secondary chances as well.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
All three of them are in top 20 in scoring. If you answer "nope" then tell us at least your alternative.

Scheifele is 4th at even strenght points, Ehlers is tied at 5th and Laine 13th.

I think its mostly due to that they don't always play together. If they were put on same line from day 1 and went thru the ups and downs yet still have a high total combined, then maybe they would be considered the best. But it seems like the common comment here(mine also) is that it seems like every few games or so the lines are all moved around.

For example, I guarantee that next game if this line allows a couple goals against in the first period, the lines will be changed for the rest of that game and possibly the next game too and itll be a few games till Maurice tries them together again

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Schiefele is turning into a really great player.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
It's definitely a very fun one to watch, has everything you want.

All the players are elite IMO.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
The line that have so small balls in power play... (thought every other lines suffer from same deficit). I don't get what's the problem.

Good line, but not that good. At least with that continuous shuffling a deck by coach. Can it be someday, sure hell yeah! Chemistry between guys is there.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Well they don't need to take too many shots to make goals :D

This line is not the best line yet.. They will get there if they don't get shuffled each time Things doesn't go the coaches way. It changes period to period some games.

This line is not the best possession line or shot creation line because they are one of the best line off the rush. So skilled and the 3 compliment each other really well. They don't need to play cycle or board game. They create chances so quickly.

18, 23, 20 yr old line

In 3 years

21, 26, 23 :handclap:

Now that Little is back, him and Wheeler can share the load

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad