Sportsnet: Laine says contract talks are quiet, unsure about future in Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I’m guessing the crux of your argument is point totals? Because Danault has been a better hockey player than Little for multiple seasons. You’d actually know that if you weren’t completely ignorant here.
Are you under the impression that Little himself is not a top notch two way forward? Sure he didn't have great numbers defensively last season where Danault was probably better but historically Little is a very good defensive forward

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
It's weird that mods shut down the buffalo thread but this nonsense has gone 30+ pages despite the title being a gross misrepresentation of what he said and the last 5 pages being crazy Habs fans insisting all their players are better than everyone else's players.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Because they had the cap space and opportunity to do it? Habs didn’t lose anything in offer sheeting Aho.

Lmao on the general lack of quality players. With that Defense of yours I can’t wait to see the Jets miss the playoff. Ya’ll have what, 2 NHL caliber D, a 1C, one 3rd line C and a bunch of meh depth C players after that?

Your lack of depth and prospect on important position will kill your chance of making any decent run for next 5 years at the b’very least

I love how you ignore 4 first line wingers.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I think it’s obvious that Laine wants out of Wpg. That market is too small for him. And the winters are brutal.

Where do you think he grew up.
What climate do you think he is used to how.
How big of a city do you think he lived in?

Perhaps learning something about the player you pretend to be speaking for before throwing out weak theories.

IF Laine wanted out the reasons you listed would not even be on his list.
Money, term, usage are what he will be considering... the weather and size of the city have nothing to do with it.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wouldn't doubt that the Isles would show interest,

but that's a far cry from a trade coming.

Laine is just going through the normal dance that high end RFAs go through. A lot of hay has been made over Laine's comments, which were misrepresented to begin with.

Couchcaptain

Nov 11, 2016
Lost in the wilderness
Only report I have read was Laine asking ~8.5M.

When considering this and hypotethical trade plan with Islanders, It could be Beauvillier+Wahlstrom+RhD, what Winnipeg would be after.

Those work with cap.

Where is this report, curious to see it? I would believe Laine is asking at least 9m+, for longer term.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Laine needs to be away from Little. Those 2 simply do not have chemistry

at 5v5:
Laine w/ Little: -12
Laine w/o Little: +23

to bad Maurice is a dunce

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Never said he’s a surefire #1 C. I said he would be considered a blue chip prospect if he was eligible. You’re (again) tweaking what I said to try and make me look bad (which you failed again).

Also, if by 21 years old Kotkaniemi is barely a 50 points, struggling defensively and slow feet C then yeah, I’ll be disappointed as you should be with « generational talent » Laine, lmao

Laine hasn't played his 21 year old season yet.
He turns 22 after this coming season.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Are you under the impression that Little himself is not a top notch two way forward? Sure he didn't have great numbers defensively last season where Danault was probably better but historically Little is a very good defensive forward

Jesus, you’re calling Bryan Little a top notch two way forward and then telling other people that they sound ignorant or stupid?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Where is this report, curious to see it? I would believe Laine is asking at least 9m+, for longer term.
no kidding. If Laine asks for 8.5, how do you say no? Skinner just got 9

I could maybe see it if he was insisting on a short term, but even then, with his relatively poor season last year I'd think they may value a shorter term just to play it safe. If it is 8.5 with max term, that's a bargain on those UFA years, especially with cap growth, which will only get crazier with a new team coming in and a new TV deal negotiated

Reactions: Vachon23

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Oh I get it now you don't know **** about Bryan Little's career lmao

This is a 3 year sample from 2015-2016 through 2017-2018. Little was below average defensively in the 3 years BEFORE this most recent season, and you said it yourself that Danault was better this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Winnipeg:

1C: Scheifele, 26 years old, 84 points (6.12M AAV)
2C: Little, 31 years old, 41 points (5.29M AAV)
3C: Copp, 25 years old, 25 points (2.28M AAV)
4C: Roslovic, 22 years old, 24 points (ELC)

Total: 174 points
Average age: 26 years old
Total cap hit: 14.6M
Farm system: No one worth mentioning

Montreal:

1C: Domi, 24 years old, 72 points (3.15M AAV)
2C: Danault, 26 years old, 53 points, (3.08M AAV)
3C: Kotkaniemi, 19 years old, 34 points (ELC)
4C: Weal, 27 years old, 21 points (1.4M AAV)

Total: 180 points
Average age: 24 years old
Total cap hit: 8.55M
Farm system: Suzuki (20 years old - top 25 prospect) Poehling (20 years old - top 50 prospect).

Not only does Montreal have the better overall C right now (they’re more productive), they’re also younger, cost almost half Winnipeg’s while having two top 50 overall prospect in the league coming up.

I think it’s pretty fair to say that Montreal has easily the edge over Winnipeg in all categories at C.

I won't pretend to know Montreal's players the way you PRETEND to know the Jets players.
You've left Adam Lowry off of our list.
If points is your only measurement for grading centers then you're missing a lot of the picture.
Lowry is one of the best shut down centers in the league.
Especially when he has Copp on his wing.
I'm too lazy to look it up but he likely played more time at Center then every Jet except Scheifele.

Roslovic is the gap for the Jets.
He should have been full time center last year and potentially top 6 but he's still doing better as a winger.

Little without Laine looks great and visa versa.
The Jets have all the pieces they need up front it's just a matter of deploying them correctly. People piss on Little for his point totals but he was on pace for 50 until the trade deadline. Once Hayes came in we used Little on the checking line with Lowry and that killed his point production.
Little would have had an average 2C season had we not bothered with that pickup. And if Maurice had used the lines better Little could have been an above average 2C.

The Jets avoided over paying their own RFA's and the only player loss that really will affect them is Trouba and that was unavoidable. The internal replacements for Myers and Chiarot will be a much better fit at a much better cap hit.

Laine will be playing with the Jets this season so stop with the low ball offers.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Ducks board posted this and thought it was interesting.

No problem with that, assuming the return is reflective of Laine’s body of work and potential.......not cherry picking last year alone. Plus return fills Jets needs.

But I doubt if the rumour is true

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
320 followers...come on

I wouldn’t call him a reliable source, but...

Called Pirri to NYR over 1.5 months before it happened, just one example. Look through his Twitter feed and he Tweets very infrequently, but when he does Tweet, his Tweets seem pretty reasonable.

His account has a different feel to it than an account like that Roger Dicklund one, for example. The fake accounts that we see don’t typically douse the flames of silly rumors like this guy did here:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I wouldn’t call him a reliable source, but...

Called Pirri to NYR over 1.5 months before it happened, just one example. Look through his Twitter feed and he Tweets very infrequently, but when he does Tweet, his Tweets seem pretty reasonable.

His account has a different feel to it than an account like that Roger Dicklund one, for example. The fake accounts that we see don’t typically douse the flames of silly rumors like this guy did here:

There were rumblings of NYR and Pirri before his tweet. He's just another no-namer tweeting vague stuff.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Ducks board posted this and thought it was interesting.

I guess we're going to start seeing Ducks offers of an ok roster player, an ok prospect, and a 1st over the next few pages? Then arguments about how Kase is a way more complete player and they wouldn't trade him one for one for Laine?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
This thread is going OT, closed. Will open a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad