Speculation: Laine Mega Thread

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
great 2legit2quit is back on a brand new account look forward to seeing another 10 pages of why his offer is great and the best we are going to get because we are forced to trade laine

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Can you provide the other offers in this 23 pages that easily beats that offer?

Sure: DeBrusk, Carlo, 1st/Studnicka

Cost controlled, top three D locked in, DeBrusk on the wing for a third of the next contract to Laine, Studnicka makes the team as the 3rd line C with potential for 2nd line duties.

No bad cap hits, all under 25, all locked-in/controlled and address each need.

Not saying either side does it (Bruins fans split on Laine and giving up Studnicka in any trade given the age of Krejci and Bergeron) but its a better offer.

Reactions: ylekot

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
I'm a Habs fan and people that make silly trade proposals rarely post these on our board trade thread. By the way the majority of our fanbase also rebute them the same way you are doing. Most of the loose canons from our fan base seem to post their ludicrous offers on the mainboard. Just put them on ignore, problem solved.
The more people you place on ignore, the better this site becomes. I regularly ignore people who are just trying to stir things up, have zero clue, or provide no value. Way less crap to look at. Although, it's interesting sometimes because you can see people responding to something, but you have no idea who or what they're responding to.

Habaholic25

Oct 22, 2020
I don’t think you’re really reading what I’m saying. I’m not saying you’re pieces aren’t valuable or that the jets have everything figured out, but it’s a waste of a trade if they already traded for Statsny as there’s no guarantee Danault is a good fit either, and the other pieces are pieces that are not of a need

I understand what you are saying. I don't agree with it entirely. It's ok. We are allowed to not agree. I understand the Jets decline and I'm fine with it. But I don't agree with your narrative that this is a bad attempt to address needs and trade value.

- Danault is a better center solution vs Statsny. Having them both is not a bad situation. Danault is a better longer term solution while you wait for Perfetti to develop. Lowry is your projected 3C right? Thompson at 4C. It's not bad at all. But this is a 1 year fix. Danault with extension is a better longer term fix.
- Anderson is not some meh add on wing. If you trade Laine, who's the next best RW after Wheeler? :sarcasm:
- Guhle is just as far from the NHL as Perfetti is. The main issue is you prefer to have a NHL proven guy in your top 4D. I already acknowledged that. You say I'm not reading your stuff... well right back at you!

* Both Statsny and Lowry are UFA after one year. You could extend them or keep them. I don't think they are long term solutions for your 2C needs. And Perfetti is years away from being a 2C on a cup contender. Reality. Argue that all you want

Habaholic25

Oct 22, 2020
Sure: DeBrusk, Carlo, 1st/Studnicka

Cost controlled, top three D locked in, DeBrusk on the wing for a third of the next contract to Laine, Studnicka makes the team as the 3rd line C with potential for 2nd line duties.

No bad cap hits, all under 25, all locked-in/controlled and address each need.

Not saying either side does it (Bruins fans split on Laine and giving up Studnicka in any trade given the age of Krejci and Bergeron) but its a better offer.

I've seen that offer and most Bruins fans decline that. Bruins need Studnicka and Carlo. What's funny is if the Habs had Studnicka and were offering him in a package, I bet you Jets fans would throw him under the bus.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Habs tried to get PLD+ and had to settle on Weber when they were trying to trade Subban. Jets have time with Laine cause he has one year left before he needs an extension but it's anybody's guess if they get the trade package they are looking for.

It's fair to say the Habs won't trade KK, Suzuki, or Romanov and because of that, we are not in on Laine. However, it's also fair to say that what other team is going to offer them a package that includes KK, Suzuki, or Romanov types? This is HF boards so it's just fan talk but I don't know about you... what I have seen is meh offers from all teams. So this is not just a Habs issue here people. If that is the narrative, all teams are out!
Then I guess the jets get 3 years of Laine. And with a flat cap and no trade partners it should be relatively cheap

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I understand what you are saying. I don't agree with it entirely. It's ok. We are allowed to not agree. I understand the Jets decline and I'm fine with it. But I don't agree with your narrative that this is a bad attempt to address needs and trade value.

- Danault is a better center solution vs Statsny. Having them both is not a bad situation. Danault is a better longer term solution while you wait for Perfetti to develop. Lowry is your projected 3C right? Thompson at 4C. It's not bad at all. But this is a 1 year fix. Danault with extension is a better longer term fix.
- Anderson is not some meh add on wing. If you trade Laine, who's the next best RW after Wheeler? :sarcasm:
- Guhle is just as far from the NHL as Perfetti is. The main issue is you prefer to have a NHL proven guy in your top 4D. I already acknowledged that. You say I'm not reading your stuff... well right back at you!

* Both Statsny and Lowry are UFA after one year. You could extend them or keep them. I don't think they are long term solutions for your 2C needs. And Perfetti is years away from being a 2C on a cup contender. Reality. Argue that all you want
Guhle and Perfetti are not projected as equally as far from the NHL. Perfetti is universally seen as closer to NHL ready. Is Danault a better long term solution that Statsny? Of course, I never said he wasn’t. This is where I think you’re not reading my posts. I’m saying the value added by Danault over Statsny/Perfetti hopefully being ready is not worth Laine. Who’s our next best RW? Appleton has looked promising at times, Roslovic deserves a shot in the top 6, Gustafsson and Harkins have some promise. Again, you’re saying that I’m saying Anderson has no value, ive said the opposite several times but the value he adds above the players that the jets already have is minimal if at all.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Habs tried to get PLD+ and had to settle on Weber when they were trying to trade Subban. Jets have time with Laine cause he has one year left before he needs an extension but it's anybody's guess if they get the trade package they are looking for.

It's fair to say the Habs won't trade KK, Suzuki, or Romanov and because of that, we are not in on Laine. However, it's also fair to say that what other team is going to offer them a package that includes KK, Suzuki, or Romanov types? This is HF boards so it's just fan talk but I don't know about you... what I have seen is meh offers from all teams. So this is not just a Habs issue here people. If that is the narrative, all teams are out!

Well ya, like I said these deals almost never happen because the receiving team either needs to blow a massive hole in the lineup ( or give away a bunch of firsts. / prospects which will never happen in a flat cap world) or the sending team has to be desperate and take a discount.

For those reasons I don’t see him moving. I can’t think of a similar type deal thats happened with the Cap in place. Trades for key players barely happen today, it is becoming a pretty boring league from a player movement perspective.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
great 2legit2quit is back on a brand new account look forward to seeing another 10 pages of why his offer is great and the best we are going to get because we are forced to trade laine
You hit the nail on the head. I thought I recognized Legits whiny attitude. Isnt it against the rules to create another account when you get banned?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
My favourite was the story about Gallagher & Habs contract talks being far apart/collapsing and then a deal is announced 24 hours later (paperwork would already be in the process of being written when that story comes out)
You do realize both confirmed that that was the case
They literally admitted to contract breakups. Stop making others look silly when they were actually correct. LMAO

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
You hit the nail on the head. I thought I recognized Legits whiny attitude. Isnt it against the rules to create another account when you get banned?
But hasnt habsaholic been around before 2legit was supposedly banned?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I think the offer for Laine Jets possibly do involves Florida with Huberdeau and Weegar and maybe a pick and a guy like Pionk Niku Roslo.

I don't think the Jets do a deal without getting what they want. OS next year? Cool.. 10 plus million and hes yours. Jets prob take 4 1sts.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I don't think Minnesota the pieces to make a trade with the Jets.

- Minnesota doesn't have a surplus of centers since they are in the same situation of needing them.
- Dumba is the only Defensemen the Wild could trade of value since all the others have NMCs.
- Minnesota's best assets are most likely untouchables like Fiala.

I have a weird conspiracy tingle that a lot of these media driven stories are actually completely made up to drive interest in the league during COVID.

Some ranging from benign like the story in Toronto how a team past on Point since they thought he would never be strong enough to be an NHler during combine. To Jack Eichel wants to be traded out of Buffalo... 5 mins later of yeah that isn't true but you never know. I completely believe they told Bob to tweet that out even though it wasn't true and said he could redact it after a few minutes. I think the Laine needs out story is completely cow going number 2.

I think there is a half truth in Laine being disgruntled, but honestly I think it is blown out of proportion. I think the Jets are trying to work to make him happy with bringing back Stastny and who knows maybe he will be on the top line next season?

The Jets would be morons if they traded him. That is the reason why they won't trade him.

I can agree that TSN and Sportsnet have clowns working for them making up bullshit stories to appear interesting and to get clickbait from gullible casual fans that will believe anything those idiots Friedman, Servalli, Dreger and Lebrun say.

We drafted and developed Laine to keep him here.
Not move him out to band aid a hole on our defense that we have currently addressed with signings.
We also brought in Stastny because he had chemistry with Laine and Ehlers a couple years back during our playoff run.

Only a dumb f*** would move Laine.

Reactions: HotDish

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Jets needs are 2C and top 4D right? Danault and Guhle fit that need. Anderson on top is not some small add. Value is there. I'm out. Jets fans are sensitive to Laine trade offers. I posted an offer that they don't seem to like and it is what it is. However, I disagree that offer don't fit the needs.
Danault is a 3C, so not much help there. Guhle is nice but we need a prime piece for Laine, so the ask is Romanov. Anderson’s contract is horrible. He’s negative value.

Reactions: Snowman

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Getting Stastny does seem to point the other way, but there is a chance that Jets know what he is asking/demanding and are still risking losing him for nothing.

It's not a big secret Laine wants more PP & ice-time in the first line, probably expects to make the playoffs and might also be asking too much term/money from them.

When it comes to signing the RFA Laine in a year we will move out some of our scrubs like Vegas does to make the room to sign him.

Vegas knows exactly how to keep the gold and dump the copper.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Disagree Anderson is one of the worse contracts in the NHL. I'm stopping there with you. Have a nice day

As someone who watched JA his whole junior career (I grew up in London) and was one of my favorite Knights (behind Horvat), JA is not even close to being in the same conversation as Laine and to say different is nothing more that typical HF homersim.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I think the offer for Laine Jets possibly do involves Florida with Huberdeau and Weegar and maybe a pick and a guy like Pionk Niku Roslo.

I don't think the Jets do a deal without getting what they want. OS next year? Cool.. 10 plus million and hes yours. Jets prob take 4 1sts.
Laine/Pionk for Huberdeau/Weegar is a clear no go. Jets downgrade on forward and defense - for what?

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
He is 7th in scoring ever since he came in to the league, your funny.
Well technically he's actually 9th as Kane and Tavares have the same amount of goals but more points. And after his first 2 seasons in the league Laine was actually 2nd in goals, so the trend is a downward spiral.

Either Winnipeg needs to fire Paul Maurice or Laine needs to get out of Winnipeg, it's as simple as that. A year or two more in Winnipeg with Maurice and Laine's future as an all time great goal scorer will be ruined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad