Speculation: Laine Mega Thread V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
My guess: this thread devolves to quality for quantity offers that make Winnipeg fans unhappy and then ask for insanely large 1:1 returns that won’t happen.

Laine is a great piece who had a couple of down years. Unless Laine literally forced his way out I don’t think it makes sense for them to trade him: his potential is higher than his performance but teams won’t pay for it given some of the concerns.

Is he Hoffman or is Ovechkin is the question I have: will he average 30 goals for the next five years or 50?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If you look at Kane and Trouba it was a similar situation. The players wanted to leave but Chevy never moves quickly. He waits until he really likes the deal.
with those players it ultimately meant he didn't want to overpay for a player, and that would seem to fit Laine as well

Reactions: hn777

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
My guess: this thread devolves to quality for quantity offers that make Winnipeg fans unhappy and then ask for insanely large 1:1 returns that won’t happen.

Laine is a great piece who had a couple of down years. Unless Laine literally forced his way out I don’t think it makes sense for them to trade him: his potential is higher than his performance but teams won’t pay for it given some of the concerns.

Is he Hoffman or is Ovechkin is the question I have: will he average 30 goals for the next five years or 50?

Seems like that is whats happening....

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
How did Jets manage to do this? Laine is a talent that could go 1st OA in a given year or at least be in discussions for it.

He's still young, he has produced. Why can't they just give him his minutes? Wheeler is still better, probably, but age will undeniably catch up..

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Well the Kings just brought in Lias Andersson, let's keep the entitlement momentum going with Laine. I wouldn't give up Byfield, Turcotte, or Vilardi though, so I'd imagine it would be a tough sell for Winnipeg.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Would something around Danault + Caufield + 1st work?

Our C and RW are set for the future and those are parts that could be had.
Jets fans after having a nice little break from this offer:
tenor (8).gif

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Seems like that is whats happening....
As someone else said, he is still showing up: he could literally say nah I’m hanging out in Finland. I do agree that it is going that direction.

probably the dream for a Winnipeg is finding a similarly discontent center or D but can’t think of one...

Reactions: Fisticuffer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad