Speculation: Laine Mega Thread V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Domi traded with a 3rd for a guy that had 4 points in 26 games last year.
Armia...jets had to include a 3rd and take back a crap player to get rid of him. Would have been waived with no takers otherwise.
Chiarot as 1 mill dman whose greatest talent was icing the puck, and the jets let walk even though they were losing trouba, Myers and buff. So not good enough as a 7/8 guy. Montreal gives him 3.5 mill and he sets the bar for what dmen standards. Drouin...sent the minors and knows the only team that is bad enough to play on is the habs. Tatar...tossed aside by detroit, benched by vegas...picked off the scrap pile by Montreal. Domi wasnt good enough for Arizona...gets to play in Montreal. Kovalchuk...benched by LA...scraps for to the habs. KK...so good he goes to the AHL and lights it up with 1 goal. Poehling 13 points in the AHL. McCarron outscored him down there. Better sit down cause the truth is scraps.
You speak confidently for somebody who doesn't remember that Armia trade accurately at all. The 3rd wasn't to take Armia, Armia and the 3rd were to take Steve Mason, a cap dump. Armia was and still is a valuable hockey player who at no point of his career to this point would have cleared waivers.

Reactions: hn777

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Source: Patrik Laine Will Be Traded. And The Isles Could Offer Up Barzal.

Talked to a source today who confirmed that while the Jets don't "have" to trade Laine, they have some offers right now that are pushing them closer and closer to the reality that the time to get the most return for Laine is now. The leading teams with interest are..Columbus, Philly, NJ, NY Islanders, Colorado and the Montreal Canadiens...

One deal I heard yesterday would send Barzal and a pick to Winnipeg for Laine...
That is so bogus lol, no sane franchise would ever trade Barzal for Laine straight up.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Just like the shit Trouba trade offers?

There was no rejoicing by Jets fans once that trade was announced...and yet it worked out well for the Jets. So maybe you just can't judge a trade on the day it was made when futures are involved.

We know exactly what we have in laine and will just keep him rather than gifting him to some other team for futures and maybes.

Everyone can just keep their magic beans and move along please.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
The shit trades that are being offered for laine are beyond pathetic.

Chevy won't move laine and especially for the shit offers on here. Lol

Threads like this are a huge waste of time.
I agree. Trolls get into the thread and make a lot of the thread unreadable and them you have fans of other dreams fantasizing about getting a high end player and giving nothing of consequence in return.

If people tried to be at least semi-realistic I think you could have some interesting conversations here, but most people can't set aside biases or think of trades from any perspective other than their team making a homerun deal extremely lopsided in their favour.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I agree. Trolls get into the thread and make a lot of the thread unreadable and them you have fans of other dreams fantasizing about getting a high end player and giving nothing of consequence in return.

If people tried to be at least semi-realistic I think you could have some interesting conversations here, but most people can't set aside biases or think of trades from any perspective other than their team making a homerun deal extremely lopsided in their favour.

Bunch of f***ing tire kickers.

This thread is full of awful.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We know exactly what we have in laine and will just keep him rather than gifting him to some other team for futures and maybes.

Everyone can just keep their magic beans and move along please.
And what if the return was Konecny and Provorov? Chevy could be asking for a great return.

But ones with prospects/picks...are often ones where the seller loses the deal short term or by first glance because they give up the top assets but wins the deal long term.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

You of ALL people should not spout about what the return on a Jets player will be. You didn't learn anything from the Trouba trade where you had to hide afterwards, before facing the music.

We remember.

;)

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
You of ALL people should not spout about what the return on a Jets player will be. You didn't learn anything from the Trouba trade where you had to hide afterwards, before facing the music.

We remember.

;)
I know you like to think that two situations with no similarities will end the same, but you don't see Jets fans complaining about the Trouba trade.

You of all people shouldn't be spouting off about the Jets having to take a loss like you said last time.

As much as you hate to admit it, the Jets made out like bandits in that deal, which is the exact opposite of what you said would happen.

We remember.

;)

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

We remember.

;)

Trouba was cancer of the dressing room just like kane.

Good riddance to both of them.

Good luck to all the vultures that want laine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->