Laine is not that good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Weird response considering the Leafs have more points than the Jets right now. Games in hand aren't guaranteed points y'know...

They kinda do when you consider that we're playing Arizona again. Not that it matters, but I'm confident in our team's ability to average more than a point per game.

Carson22

Oct 9, 2017
Weird response considering the Leafs have more points than the Jets right now. Games in hand aren't guaranteed points y'know...
So you are saying a team with more wins is better than a team with not as many wins, and it doesn’t matter about the situation?

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
So you are saying a team with more wins is better than a team with not as many wins, and it doesn’t matter about the situation?

I'm saying a retort about how "the Leafs are winning a race to the bottom" when they technically have more points than the Jets is pretty idiotic.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I wasn't around last season, but I can see why Laine fans get such a bad rap. You're way more crazed than even McDavid fans, who are starting to look modest and temperate by comparison. Laine is a huge talent, but he's not yet the reason the Jets are even good again. Slow down, everyone expects him to be a big time player, but the dismissiveness regarding any even intimated weaknesses in his game is too much.

You should put the word "some"

Not related to quoted post.

Im wondering what happens once Laine is good enough to play hockey. :)

The level of expectations (by the fans) on this kid is huge.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
I wasn't around last season, but I can see why Laine fans get such a bad rap. You're way more crazed than even McDavid fans, who are starting to look modest and temperate by comparison. Laine is a huge talent, but he's not yet the reason the Jets are even good again. Slow down, everyone expects him to be a big time player, but the dismissiveness regarding any even intimated weaknesses in his game is too much.

I don't know Shayne, I see a fair bit of crazed McDavid, Matthews, and even the odd crazed Eichel fans on here.

For example, extreme McDavid fans get really defensive if anyone says anybody is nearly as good as him, because apparently, multiple amazing players can't play in the NHL at the same time.

Won't get started on the insane Matthews and Eichel fanatics. It's basically a similar level of stupidity, but for different reasons.

Carson22

Oct 9, 2017
I'm saying a retort about how "the Leafs are winning a race to the bottom" when they technically have more points than the Jets is pretty idiotic.
Weird response when we are comparing who is better and you think the team with more wins at different points of their season makes that team better. That would make Edmonton, Toronto and Philadelphia all a better team than Tampa after the first night of play this year.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Weird response when we are comparing who is better and you think the team with more wins at different points of their season makes that team better. That would make Edmonton, Toronto and Philadelphia all a better team than Tampa after the first night of play this year.

Your initial remark about the Leafs being in a "race for last place" was pretty stupid considering they have more points than the Jets right now. Last time I checked, the NHL doesn't subtract points from teams after they've been earned. Not sure why that's so confusing.

If you don't like the current standings, then maybe don't comment on them.

Last edited:

Carson22

Oct 9, 2017
Your initial remark about the Leafs being in a "race for last place" was pretty stupid considering they have more points than the Jets right now. Last time I checked, the NHL doesn't subtract points from teams after they've been earned. Not sure why that's so confusing.

If you don't like the current standings, then maybe don't comment on them.
Your reading skills need to be sharpened. Were the leafs not in a race for last place mode in 2015-16? “Still living” words are invisible to you?
When you say “doing better this year too” are you thinking 7 losses are better than 4 losses? I take it you are still living in the race for last place in the league mode still. If that is the case...you are way better.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Your reading skills need to be sharpened. Were the leafs not in a race for last place mode in 2015-16? “Still living” words are invisible to you?

Ok. Let's take you through Logic 101.

You're commenting on both teams' current seasons, yes? "4 losses vs 7 losses". And you're (snidely) trying to twist the losses to make some (illogical) joke about the Leafs being more likely to finish last this year.

So here's the problem: the Leafs have more points and are therefore technically further away from last place than the Jets. That's factually what's going on right now so any attempted joke about the Leafs being worse than the Jets because they'll finish last based on their current numbers simply doesn't make sense.

Maybe your writing skills need a complete rebuild since your logic is about as nonsensical as it gets.

Carson22

Oct 9, 2017
Ok. Let's take you through Logic 101.

You're commenting on both teams' current seasons, yes? "4 losses vs 7 losses". And you're (snidely) trying to twist the losses to make some (illogical) joke about the Leafs being more likely to finish last this year.

So here's the problem: the Leafs have more points and are therefore technically further away from last place than the Jets. That's factually what's going on right now so any attempted joke about the Leafs being worse than the Jets because they'll finish last based on their current numbers simply doesn't make sense.

Maybe your writing skills need a complete rebuild since your logic is about as nonsensical as it gets.
Snidely nothing. A poster said the leafs are a better team based on the points they have. No word on games in hand, no word win percentage, no word on last 10 games... nothing. Just better. There is no metric that would suggest they aren’t better. Win percent, last 10 games, first 16 games, less losses....let’s compare apples to apples here. Comparing 2 teams by points at different stages of games played in the season is just a joke.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Snidely nothing. A poster said the leafs are a better team based on the points they have. No word on games in hand, no word win percentage, no word on last 10 games... nothing. Just better. There is no metric that would suggest they aren’t better. Win percent, last 10 games, first 16 games, less losses....let’s compare apples to apples here. Comparing 2 teams by points at different stages of games played in the season is just a joke.

Cool story. Doesn't change the fact the Jets are technically closer to last place than the Leafs which is the opposite of what you were trying to claim.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I like how a thread about a specific player ends up being a meaningless comparison of two teams, based on the standings less than 20 games into the season.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg

Oh I know, every single Jets fan has been yelling about how great he is non-stop in every thread, right?

I definitely don't ever see any of fans of Matthews or McDavid ever going overboard about their guy. That's just a thing all of us Jets fans do. Every single one of us, definitely not just one or two very vocal people, that's for sure!

Reactions: Hunter368
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad