Laine is in position to have one of the greatest goal scoring Februaries of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Why is it with Finish fans just want Laine to score a gazillion goals? Sorry, but I could care less
Well, obviously Finns have no connection to NHL teams thousands of kilometers away. But there is a connection to our players. I'm quite sure no one in North America cares how for example TSSka does in the KHL or how Münich does in DEL.

Reactions: 1OApick

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
McDavid wins at everything. Will help the oilers win 1st overall, draft a generational defencemen and onto his first cup the next season.
12 goals? 1 more to tie the record, 2 more to squash it. let's go buddy you can score 2 more and be in the history books.

This message is sponsored by the Edmonton Oilers. "Dashing the hopes of Winnipeg jets fans since 1980".

IMG_0093.JPG

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
McDavid wins at everything. Will help the oilers win 1st overall, draft a generational defencemen and onto his first cup the next season.
12 goals? 1 more to tie the record, 2 more to squash it. let's go buddy you can score 2 more and be in the history books.

This message is sponsored by the Edmonton Oilers. "Dashing the hopes of Winnipeg jets fans since 1980".

Maybe wait until the Oilers can put two decent lines together and then talk smack...

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Maybe wait until the Oilers can put two decent lines together and then talk smack...
Why the smack talk about the oilers? This thread is based on the premise that Laine can beat the scoring record for the month of February. Month is not finish but he is not in the lead, McDavid is leading and 2 away for breaking it. Grow up.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Why the smack talk about the oilers? This thread is based on the premise that Laine can beat the scoring record for the month of February. Month is not finish but he is not in the lead, McDavid is leading and 2 away for breaking it. Grow up.
Maybe restrict your comments to the discussion about 1) February, 2) Goals, 3) McDavid. The rest of the stuff about the Oilers winning the cup next season, and referencing the 1980s "glory years" is just smack talk, and everyone knows it.

Reactions: Calendal

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
To claim that "Laine is in Position to have one of the greatest goal scoring februaries of all time" isn't depending on how well McDavid (or others) does or does he break the previous record or not. Laine can have one of the greatest goal scoring februaries of all time nevertheless.

This lovely thread created with apparent tongue-in-cheek mentality collapsed to utter seriousness by the facts that Laine actually put up some effort out there, and because it is still february and there are still games left for this month.

Changes he would actually make new record above McDavid (or some other guy) are very very small, almost abysmally diminishing, but nobody can deny he has had rather good February this far, nevertheless and after all.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
How many games does Laine still have left in February. I'll laugh my ass off if he gets five more goals, cause it will then be considered among the greatest goal scoring februaries of all time.

Nosferatu

Nov 10, 2016
If Laine scores 10 more goals in february (this year) I'm going to eat my Ducks cap signed by Teemu Selanne and Paul Kariya and post the link here

Ny rillataan

Timo Jutila
Jan 7, 2017
Toronto
Why is it with Finish fans just want Laine to score a gazillion goals? Sorry, but I could care less if Laine scored 50 and we loss every other game.

Not all of us think like that. There are many Finns including myself who started watching Jets games because of Laine, but fell in love with the team. At this point if I had to choose between the Jets winning the cup and Laine getting 50 goals, I'd take the cup 99/100 times. (I'd be too drunk to rationally decide once.)

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
There is a list on the other thread that shows he was being matched up with the best Dallas had to offer. This seems like the opposite of sheltering. Would you like to change your statement?

Sure I'll change my statement
If you can show me where this line has been matched up consistently against the our opponents best since they were put together.
Not sure what "the other thread" is but I'm always willing to admit I'm wrong (when I'm wrong)

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN

Lol, if you can't see that your post was full of smack talk to begin with, give dad his tablet back, and come back when you're at least 19.

McDavid can have the February goal scoring record (I actually wanna see him break it). Laine can just relax and be happy he doesn't play for the Oilers, and that he will get to play playoff hockey in a couple of months while McDavid is parasailing in Australia.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Not all of us think like that. There are many Finns including myself who started watching Jets games because of Laine, but fell in love with the team. At this point if I had to choose between the Jets winning the cup and Laine getting 50 goals, I'd take the cup 99/100 times. (I'd be too drunk to rationally decide once.)

So the one time, the film breaks.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Perhaps because the jets are focused on winning and all McDavid cares about it padding his stats. Would be a lot more impressive if he was leading his team to a great February record.

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Perhaps because the jets are focused on winning and all McDavid cares about it padding his stats. Would be a lot more impressive if he was leading his team to a great February record.
No need for this petty garbage, [mod]. The whole point of this thread is attempting to make history by getting the February goal record. McDavid is 2 goals from making history. That is the reality we live in right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
No need for this petty garbage, [mod]. The whole point of this thread is attempting to make history by getting the February goal record. McDavid is 2 goals from making history. That is the reality we live in right now.
McDavid wasn't even mentioned in the thread. It was about Laine. You brought in McDavid into a thread not discussing him.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I've heard Laine could set unprecedented records in March

Yeah. He is in position to do that. If I'm correct it's Teemu Selänne's record from his infamous rookie season: 20 Goals during March 1993.

You can spot the period roughly (but easily) from here:
5G7DFQ2.png

For comparison Laine scored only 5 Goals during march of last season (his only march this far) in his rookie season games #57-69:

1Q8gX20.png

Laine should improve his career marches goal scoring over 400% to beat Selänne. It's rather safe to say that won't gonna happen.

Reactions: jetsforever

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Well Laine really let us all down in February. He squandered the best opportunity he's had so far in his career to put up goals and now there's only one game left for him in February. And unfortunately it's against Nashville, one of the teams Laine has had the hardest time to score against. The few goals he's managed to score against Nashville so far have been lucky bounces as well. And on top of that Nashville has played incredible hockey lately. We have to go all the way back to before Christmas to find any team scoring more than 4 goals against them in a game...

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
One of the greatest goal scoring Februaries of all time is so last season now.. who cares.

What matters more is i know Laine is in a position to have the most Legendary March.

Reactions: jetsforever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad