Laine is in position to have one of the greatest goal scoring Februaries of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Dude stamkos had 95 Points and was 5th in Points while "winning" the Rocket. That's like Laine or Matthews putting up 39+34=73 Points right now. Instead they've put up 31+22=53 and 28+22=50...

Laine and Matthews should've better stats right now since they're both elite talents. These stats are not impressive to anybody else than people like you, who are easily impressed.
im nor impressed or care.. im just stating my opinion. im not a stat watcher i just want my team to win

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Sharing this brand new homemade chart here too if someone is interested. There will be february next year for new attempt.

7ofEeNG.png

Patrik's goals of February 2018 are numbers 24-31.

On my behalf /thread

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Did all his goals cross the goal line vertically?
I don't get the chart.

Chart gives approximate shooting locations on the ice, as well as approximated entry points of shots in to a goal. Shot type listed.

Numbered plot on the ice chart corresponds with entry point on the goal chart. Note that in some cases it was nearly impossible determine accurately exact entry point to the goal, and when placing those number spots I had to make some compromises in their locations for making chart more readable and informative by avoiding too much overlapping spots (for example around 5-hole, and goalie's right shoulder). I left shot trajectory lines out of the chart exactly because of same reason. You get still pretty accurate overall image of Laine's charasteristic goal scoring: Hard, accurately, and from the perimeter.

NHL.com highlight videos were used as a source material.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogal Dorn

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
We're not talking about guys who has been in the League for 5+ years and were never expected to be that good. Both matthews and laine were supposed to be elite talents. Just look at McDavid. Injured in his first year but was still above Point per game in the games he played. Then he Went on to win the Art Ross in his second season. Crosby had a good rookie season too back in the day and then he Went on to win the Art Ross in his second season. Stamkos went from a 46 Point player to a 90+ Point Rocket winning player in his second year. Point is Matthews and Laine should've done a lot better this year...
Perhaps Matthews disappointing as a 1st overall pick compared to previous 1st overall's and billed as a generational talent. I think in comparison to other 2nd overalls Laine isn't a disappointment. He will likely end D+2 season as the top player in goals, assists and points from his draft year. The top 2 players from the draft year before Laine (2015) were hyped much more than he was and Laine has almost caught both of them in goals even though he started a year later than they did.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Perhaps Matthews disappointing as a 1st overall pick compared to previous 1st overall's and billed as a generational talent. I think in comparison to other 2nd overalls Laine isn't a disappointment. He will likely end D+2 season as the top player in goals, assists and points from his draft year. The top 2 players from the draft year before Laine (2015) were hyped much more than he was and Laine has almost caught both of them in goals even though he started a year later than they did.
Matthews is a dissapointment... compared to which 1st overalls? McDavid and Crosby?

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Sharing this brand new homemade chart here too if someone is interested. There will be february next year for new attempt.

7ofEeNG.png

Patrik's goals of February 2018 are numbers 24-31.

On my behalf /thread

That must have taken some time to put together. Very interesting, thanks for doing it.

GJG!

m.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
That must have taken some time to put together. Very interesting, thanks for doing it.

GJG!

m.

Whole day, practically.

Average distance those february's 8 goal scoring shots is >40 ft, but goal #27 (back hander) decrease that a lot.

Without of that short shot in Goal #27, average shooting distance is from:

Left ~ 60 ft
Right ~ 45 ft

Average angle is

Left ~ 66°
Right ~39°

relative to goal line (o°).

These coordinates give also pretty accurate locations of so called:

Laine's Office One (Primarily for PP)
Laine's Office Two (Primarily for 5-0n-5)

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad