Post-Game Talk: Laine got his Finnish back: Jets 4 - Cats 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I don’t want to bitch after a win but Wheeler is really the opposite of full value for the pts he is getting.

He was so good at creating pressure and carrying the play before and this year it seems to be the opposite.

I’ve seen so many games where he got zero points but played WAAAAAAYYYYYY better.

Hopefully as suggested he’ll get past the usual slow start thing. That’s if Maurice doesn’t run him into the ground before then.

Reactions: Ducky10

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
How many of all of his NHL playing peers could really score that empty-netter from that kind situation? Some 150 feet or what, in haste?

If you can shot accurately from short range, you can do that from longer range too.

I hate to be "that guy", but if you're aiming for the center of a 6 foot net from 150 feet away, being off by 1.15 degrees in either direction means you're missing the net. As much as I'd like to applaud Laine's laser-like precision..

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Very interesting. We lost the Corsi battle, but won the xG battle.

upload_2018-11-1_16-23-3.png

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Shooting % for this season increased from 6.8% to 11.8% because of this game, where he had 7 SOG (which is slightly atypical volume for him). Great!

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
awesome to finally see Laine light that shit up. (in highlights - i couldn't watch the game :thumbd: )

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Also is this the first game Selanne's been at lately that the Jets won and/or Laine scored ?
IIRC last 2 times he's been in Winnipeg for Jets games they lost and Laine went scoreless. He'd get all hyped and post instagram vids / tweets and then nothing would happen lol.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I had to watch some of the game at the dentist office (forgot it had an appointment) and listen to the rest on the radio. But yay Laine and Jets! Also got a call from my bank at the end of the game, we got pre-approved for a mortgage! House shopping begins!!

A fine day all around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad