Post-Game Talk: Laine got his Finnish back: Jets 4 - Cats 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Clutch win! Patty became the Daddy

How was the experience for the Finnish fans? Was there a noticeable difference from watching FEL live?
The atmosphere was amazing. The arena was rocking. Every Laine goal was like Finland had scored.

Like I told, I sat beside a guy from Winnipeg and he gave me a Winnipeg scarf. In front of me was another Winnipegger and man he was loud. I am sad now I don't have a ticket for tomorrow.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
What a beautiful collection of nicknames this kid now has. “The Billy GOAT” “Poppa Patty” Patrik “Hatrik” Laine.

It just rolls off the tongue, really.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Well, I've been calling for Laine to play with Lowry for about a year and a half now so nice to see that it went pretty well.
No results yet, but they looked dangerous

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Screw the Corsi, Win the Scorsi!
The stat where you see who actually scores more goals is pretty advanced and professional, meaningful even id say

Where are you trade talkers? Where are you who said "finns cant defend laine anymore?". Show up if youre man and try to say something against Laine now, dont just take the cheapshots like p***yes.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Post-game audio:

Players: Byfuglien/Wheeler/Laine (podium) and Hellebuyck, Copp, Perreault (scrums).

Coach Maurice scrum topics: On how special it was to see Laine score three in Finland. On the growth of the NHL (i.e diversity of players). On moving Laine onto the top line with the Panthers net empty. On Laine appreciating being put on the ice with the empty net. On seeing Laine/Barkov facing off with Selanne dropping the puck. On the play of Connor Hellebuyck and whether he will play tomorrow.

To listen click here.

Last edited:

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Glad to see Laine playing better. He's so entertaining when he turns it on. Could have had 5 goals today.

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
I had to watch some of the game at the dentist office (forgot it had an appointment) and listen to the rest on the radio. But yay Laine and Jets! Also got a call from my bank at the end of the game, we got pre-approved for a mortgage! House shopping begins!!

A fine day all around
Sounds like a nightmare to me

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Great win by the Jets (although I was at the edge of my seat and hurled a few swear words at the TV at times) and even better that Laine was able to pot three. Is it just my eyes or did both Scheifele and Wheeler have real rough games. Never mind splitting Ehlers and Laine, it might be time to spit the currently "not so dynamic duo".

TheBuyckStopsHere

Apr 2, 2014
ATL
Laine is so funny It's like he's thinking "Yeah I'm not really going to try when it's 5 on 5, but if it's a PP and empty net situation I'm going to be rubbing my hands saying put me in coach!" But hey he delivers so can't complain! Really fun game to watch...looking forward to tomorrow.

GO JETS GO

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
The hattrick was great and all but it gets annoying to hear the reporters ask every single player how great it was to see Laine score three.

Reactions: Ducky10

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I only caught some of the game. What I did see was Buff dominate, Lowry defend well, Little defend well, Scheifele playing smart hockey, Morrissey even smarter. Ehlers flying and falling down a lot. Laine sniping. And Hellebuyck looking big in net.

Don't like refs dictating the flow of the game, but I like the result. Glad Laine is getting the goal light and the spotlight.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
The hattrick was great and all but it gets annoying to hear the reporters ask every single player how great it was to see Laine score three.
Those questions are fine. Guys are happy for him, look how hard they worked to get him the puck there, and how coach put him on. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Until he does it tomorrow :naughty:

Reactions: ps241 and Tommigun

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Good for Maurice for keeping him out there in the last minute.

Normally that doesnt happen.

That will boost his confidence a lot more.

Its a long season and getting Laine on track is important. It is what good coaches do and Coaches whom players want to play for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad