Laine goal-drought watch: 15 games (ends 02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
Laine didn't play Fortnite yesterday! Maybe he scores tonight? Who knows. I predict a hattrick.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
I actually feel bad for the kid if fortnite is affecting his on ice play. Video game addiction is a real addiction and it seems he plays alot. I know people will joke about it but I had a friend who lost his long term girlfriend to fortnite and almost lost his job.

He doesn't even play a lot, like at all. Unless he got several accounts that is.
Think it's time to accept that he might not be that great of a overall player. Obviously very great at what he is good at but very limited and streaky.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Wow.

Good thing I didn't follow through and bet on Laine to win the Rocket like I was going to. If you put 100 bucks on Ovechkin every year... I wonder how that would work out.....

kugelbahn

Feb 15, 2018
crazy, starts with 18 games without even strength goals, then boom: 1 game = 5 shots = 5 goals, then 2 months later, 14 games = 38 shots = 0 goals

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It looks to me like he isn't moving his feet a lot and not trying to be a difference maker in other ways than sitting back to take shots. Laine isn't and will never be a smooth skater like Kucherov, McDavid or Kane, but he's got a big body and reach and if he moves around a little bit more, he will not only put the puck in the net again but also contribute in other ways (assists, hits).

No matter how good you are at hockey, you need to create your chances and put yourself in a position to succeed.

Reactions: LAINEC

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
It looks to me like he isn't moving his feet a lot and not trying to be a difference maker in other ways than sitting back to take shots. Laine isn't and will never be a smooth skater like Kucherov, McDavid or Kane, but he's got a big body and reach and if he moves around a little bit more, he will not only put the puck in the net again but also contribute in other ways (assists, hits).

No matter how good you are at hockey, you need to create your chances and put yourself in a position to succeed.
He's a terrible skater. Even moving his feet won't help much.

LAINEC

Mar 15, 2018
Candyland
20 year old kid GP 214 G105 A65 P170 yeah he sucks send him back to Finland... (+1 assist tonight)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
20 year old kid GP 214 G105 A65 P170 yeah he sucks send him back to Finland... (+1 assist tonight)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The people who say he sucks and stuff are obviously going too far. But people like you who just post his last season stats and can't accept that he's playing like shit this season are also a problem. He's a talented kid, but he's been playing like shit this season. It's up to him to work on his weaknesses and improve.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

To me it looks like he has no confidence.

Reactions: LAINEC

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Did he score yet? Reminds me of that kid in Vancouver. Mad hype as a rookie. We'll see where he ends up after the best hockey players in the world actually attempt to shut him down. If I were the Jets, I would recognize the video game addiction and sell. Huberdeau for Laine? Don't get butthurt Laine fans, but I know many of you will be but I'm just exploring options for f***'s sake.

Reactions: Juippi

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Would love to know what his deal is. Nobody just suddenly loses all their talent after scoring 80 goals in the first two seasons of their NHL career while still a teenager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad