Laine goal-drought watch: 15 games (ends 02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Did he score yet? Reminds me of that kid in Vancouver. Mad hype as a rookie. We'll see where he ends up after the best hockey players in the world actually attempt to shut him down. If I were the Jets, I would recognize the video game addiction and sell. Huberdeau for Laine? Don't get ******** Laine fans, but I know many of you will be but I'm just exploring options for ****'s sake.

Give us Barkov for Petan.

Icw.gif

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
If he keeps up last year's pace, he probably signs for 10M for 7-8 years this summer.

Now? I'd be surprised if he got anything more than a bridge at ~7M.

Reactions: Devonator

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
The people who say he sucks and stuff are obviously going too far. But people like you who just post his last season stats and can't accept that he's playing like **** this season are also a problem. He's a talented kid, but he's been playing like **** this season. It's up to him to work on his weaknesses and improve.

This.

He's young and has 2 great seasons behind him, we get that. But jfc, he has been ice cold and looks like crap out there, stop assuming it'll all be fine and resting on his past success. Doesn't mean shit until he shows he's still that player.

f***in hell, we're gonna be sitting here next year, Laine hasn't scored in 97 f***in games, and Jets fans will be "HES ONLY 21, DID YOU SEE HIS 1ST TWO SEASONS!!?"

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
This.

He's young and has 2 great seasons behind him, we get that. But jfc, he has been ice cold and looks like crap out there, stop assuming it'll all be fine and resting on his past success. Doesn't mean **** until he shows he's still that player.

****in hell, we're gonna be sitting here next year, Laine hasn't scored in 97 ****in games, and Jets fans will be "HES ONLY 21, DID YOU SEE HIS 1ST TWO SEASONS!!?"
Remember Jimmy Carson.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Did he score yet? Reminds me of that kid in Vancouver. Mad hype as a rookie. We'll see where he ends up after the best hockey players in the world actually attempt to shut him down. If I were the Jets, I would recognize the video game addiction and sell. Huberdeau for Laine? Don't get ******** Laine fans, but I know many of you will be but I'm just exploring options for ****'s sake.
You obviously don't watch many Nuck games. EP40is constantly facing and being harassed by the best. Yet he is still on pace for close to 100 points in 82 games. He is not a one-dimensional jackass like Laine. His IQ shot playmaking creativeness skating defense are all top 10 in the league already. He will only get better. Oh and he,s not a dick like Laine. He is the most humble hardworking player I have seen. There is a reason 99 and many others compare him to Wayne

Reactions: pomx

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
He strikes me as someone who has a bit of a self-defeating attitude despite the veneer of confidence. I’ll write it off as a lack of maturity and not fully coming into his own yet, but for a player who’s only real high-end skill is putting the puck in the net, he better dig himself out of it soon.

Reactions: The Burning GOAT

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Teams have really started squeezing him at even strength and it's affecting his performance on the PP. Just very ineffectual. His backers will tell you it's his deployment but that's really only a small part of it.
Laine has no toolbox or IQ He has one move a 0ne-timer on the pp Like cherry sais 5on5 he is a liability most of the time. Now teams just take away his only option and we are seeing the results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
You obviously don't watch many Nuck games. EP40is constantly facing and being harassed by the best. Yet he is still on pace for close to 100 points in 82 games. He is not a one-dimensional jackass like Laine. His IQ shot playmaking creativeness skating defense are all top 10 in the league already. He will only get better. Oh and he,s not a dick like Laine. He is the most humble hardworking player I have seen. There is a reason 99 and many others compare him to Wayne

He will face real competition next season. It happens to every good rookie. tendencies will be expoloited. once he adjusts I'll adjust my opinion. he's equivalent to Laine hype. unproven.

Reactions: mattihp

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Laine and puljujärvi are both braindead when it comes to hockeyiq.

They will be in khl soon enough

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

Stop comparing Peterrson to Gretzky it’s beyond ridiculous.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Looking forward to the Bruins bouncing Toronto again come playoff time.

The arrogance will be all gone.

Seriously, BOS/TOR is why this playoff format is awful. It’s mid February and apparently this series is already set in stone unless Montreal gets hot.

I’d rather see TOR/WAS and BOS/CLB.

Bruins/Leafs is the new Capitals/Rangers- we've seen it and we don't need to say it again.

The Canadiens basically have to pull a 2014-15 Ottawa for the next 1.5 months to avoid BOS/TOR III

Last edited:
Reactions: amethyst

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Anyone have any examples of any other so called superstar/star who has gone through a stretch as bad as this one? I’ve never seen anything like it that I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad