Laine doing it right away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Caps would never sniff the Conference Finals with Ovi playing like Laine did so far in the playoffs. This isn't meant to be a criticism of Laine, it just shows how high the bar is set for Ovechkin to take his team deep in the playoffs. Backstrom and Kuznetsov have never performed as well as Scheifele and Wheeler are performing right now in the playoffs.

Reactions: Drakon and biotk

catnip

Jan 5, 2015
Chicago has won cups with their franchise winger Patrick Kane and a proper #1C Jonathan Toews.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
He doesn't have a chance in hell with McDavid in the league and other better young players around.

Lol, so your saying that if a 44 Goal scoring sophomore player,teenage record breaking player, who had only 16.30 minutes per game won’t ever challenge for Hart(never said he would win a Hart) if he fixes is biggest flaws...? Yeah that’s real sensible...

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I hate to say it but Laine is pretty 1 dimensional. Average play maker, questionable defense, no physicality, and a turning radius of a semi. Best shot in the league though with plenty of time to round out his game.
I hate to say it but you are very wrong. Yeah, he hasn't had the best playoffs but it's obvious you don't really watch him.

Reactions: Ippenator

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Lol, so your saying that if a 44 Goal scoring sophomore player,teenage record breaking player, who had only 16.30 minutes per game won’t ever challenge for Hart(never said he would win a Hart) if he fixes is biggest flaws...? Yeah that’s real sensible...
Not with McDavid in the league no. Unless you don't expect the other comparable young players to fix their flaws.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
A lot of comparison have made between Ovechkin and Laine and it many thought that Jets won't be going far because it's built in the same way as Washington that haven't been able to do anything during Ovechkin's time. Now Jets with Laine are already in the WCF and have a great shot at the cup. Does this change the thought that you can't build winner team with the franchise winger?
They are in the conference final because he's like the 5th best player on his own team. Easy to get to the CF as an accessory/passenger not so easy when you have to do everything for your team.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Caps would never sniff the Conference Finals with Ovi playing like Laine did so far in the playoffs. This isn't meant to be a criticism of Laine, it just shows how high the bar is set for Ovechkin to take his team deep in the playoffs. Backstrom and Kuznetsov have never performed as well as Scheifele and Wheeler are performing right now in the playoffs.

exactly, laine had the rest of his team show up. ovechkin had himself and maybe backstrom once in a while

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Funny because I have watched him these playoffs and thats exactly how he played with no puck luck going for him...
Highlighted the key words and suggest that you go back and reread my post, thanks!

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Not with McDavid in the league no. Unless you don't expect the other comparable young players to fix their flaws.

I never knew McDavid was so good he could take all 3 finalist spots for the Hart...

I never said Laine would, I’m saying Laine plays on a team with the best skating and endurable tall/lanky player in the league, so he’s probably in the best situation to learn how to fix his biggest flaws by his captain, if he does learn it or improve in that area.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Highlighted the key words and suggest that you go back and reread my post, thanks!

If he is playing like this when games really matter, I doubt he was leaps and bounds better during the regular season... And if he does disappear when teams start playing serious, that does not help you argument what so ever...

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
If he is playing like this when games really matter, I doubt he was leaps and bounds better during the regular season... And if he does disappear when teams start playing serious, that does not help you argument what so ever...
And you definitely haven't seen his previous history in big games by this comment. He always plays big in big games with this exception, so I have no worries about him at all. You are showing that you don't know much about him, and that would be fine if you didn't start spouting off as if you did.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
I hate to say it but Laine is pretty 1 dimensional. Average play maker, questionable defense, no physicality, and a turning radius of a semi. Best shot in the league though with plenty of time to round out his game.

This.

The Jets are winning because of Scheifele, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hellebuyck, etc. Even Stastny has had a better playoffs than Laine. Jets are a fantastic, deep team and Laine gets the benefit of having a lot of fantastic players on his team to learn from as he grows into a more well-rounded player.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Laine is surrounded with stars and potential stars and his team possesses a solid and improving defense, all of which means he will never have to worry about carrying too much weight like Ovie has had to do most of his career. He is in a perfect position to succeed with an exceptionally talented team that is obviously built for the long term. It's not so much Laine doing it the right way as the whole organization doing it the right way. At this point, he is less the crown jewel than the cherry on top.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
exactly, laine had the rest of his team show up. ovechkin had himself and maybe backstrom once in a while

Laine just turned 20 years old. Ovie wasn’t even in the league at Laines current age. He’s got 10pts in 12 Games with over 2 less minutes per game than Ovie has ever played in a Playoff series... Now I’m not saying Laine is gonna be as good(Id give him a Vegas chance at that) as development isn’t always linear but let’s not challenge his presence in the Jets success this year, he’s been a big game changer in many points of the season and in the playoffs.

Reactions: WPGNYRFan

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Rookie Ovi on this Jets team would become an unstoppable force marching straight to a cup. Especially if some of the attention was drawn away from him due to Scheifele, Wheeler, and Ehlers. I don't think Laine is there yet but he doesn't have to be.

This is the right way to develop your young players for long-term success. When it comes time for Laine to be the focal point, he'll be a seasoned playoff vet (with a cup perhaps?) and that's how you start building a potential dynasty.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Laine has 10 points in 12 playoff games its not like he tearing it up in the playoffs. He isn't the Jets best player. Jets making the western conference finals doesn't prove anything regarding Laine or even Ovechkin other then this Jets team is better outside these wingers. I can only imagine a young Ovechkin on a team like these Jets.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Someone is still stuck in the predraft and few months after the draft propaganda, i see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad