Post-Game Talk: Laine defeats the Stars again - 4:2 Jets

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Will be a physical first round. I can see the Stars trying to beat us via attrition.

A lot of good Buf lately. Little saved a goal. Laine - amazing. Helle - awesome. We need all star Helle for the playoffs. He is sooo much of this teams success.

Stars arent making the playoffs and they certainly arent finishing 3rd in the central.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player post-game audio: Wheeler, Laine and Hellebuyck.

Coach Maurice: Does he have an update on Trouba? On his concern seeing Trouba trying to get off the ice. On where Benn hit Trouba. How the Jets handled the Stars push. On Lowry getting physical. On Tanev's shot blocking in the game. On zone time/slot shots and how he felt like they did. Does he take these metrics into account with the penalty kill? On Laine's 14 goals against Dallas, is there any reason for that? During this streak what has he thought of Laine's game and can he still surprise his coach?

To listen click here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Afterburner

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
What! No hat trick?
Loved the playoff feel to this game. Dallas played us hard, but we're the better team. Hope Trouba is not out too long.

So many things making this win great. Laine ties OV for goals. Sets record for teenager. Jets set new record for wins. All on national telecast. Only black mark is Trouba injury.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Isn't that 8 straight wins against Dallas? More games against them please!

Also, Laine has 79 career NHL goals. 14 of them (18%) are against the Stars!

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
What! No hat trick?
Loved the playoff feel to this game. Dallas played us hard, but we're the better team. Hope Trouba is not out too long.

So many things making this win great. Laine ties OV for goals. Sets record for teenager. Jets set new record for wins. All on national telecast. Only black mark is Trouba injury.

Sounded like a stars home broadcast to me

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I was lowkey hoping that we lost this game in OT as I'd prefer Dallas to get that last wildcard spot over Anaheim but after Benn injuring Trouba even if may not have been intentional, I was onboard with us dealing their playoff hopes a huge dash. I hope Benn feels really bad tonight.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Post-game tunes.

Clutch -> Behold the Colossus

Drive us by pitchfork to caves by the sea
Atop the mountain, under cities
We are monsters, we are older than men
Yes, we are Gorgons and we will have our revenge
Frighten their children by speaking our name
Epoch and eon, it's always the same
We are monsters, but we will no longer run
We are the cyclops and our time has come
This world was ours before it had ever known men
Soon it will be ours again
Grant them their tales of their forefathers' glory
For soon it will be ours again
Atop the buttress the gargoyle sits
The fragile foundation crumbles to bits
We are monsters and they are but men
Behold, the Colossus rises again
This world was ours before it had ever known men
Soon it will be ours again
Grant them…

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
We have beaten the stars and we are refueling to dethrone the kings of two more points...

F-22-refuel-4.jpg

Go :jets Go

Last edited by a moderator:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Id like to know how a Canadian broadcaster like Sportsnet with 2 Canadians calling the action can cheer for the American team so much. Its actuallly sickening and what sucks... Gonna have to deal with this crap in the playoffs also. Jets are the best Canadian team in the league... Its about damn time Sportsnet starts showing them some respect.

Couldn’t agree more. They couldn’t stop talking about the Stars “top line”.

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018
The Trouba hit wasn't as bad as i thought. good thing his head didn't hit the ice. Could have been much worse. Shut him down until the 1st rd.

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
Trouba didn’t look as bad as Laine did when he got rocked through centre ice last year. Laine missed 8 games. Let’s hope that’s a worst-case scenario for Trouba’s recovery and we see him back before playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad