Post-Game Talk: Laffing Stock - The call-ups get it done in Winnipeg (Pens win 7-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The whole experience for me over the past 3 hours.

tenor.gif

Also. Lafferty is legit.

Sid is still king.

PhilThrillPill

Jun 4, 2016
Toronto
If this team can score 14 goals in 2 games without Malkin, Galchenyuk, Bjugstad and Rust, how much will they be able to score with everyone?
Hopefully they sit out the least deserving players at that point so we continue this amazing team effort and don't go into a funk when they come back.

Reactions: Dominance

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't know what to make of this, and it was mentioned about when guys come back and throwing things out of whack.

Force their hands young ones.

Great game from just about everyone. Zar, Laff, Simon, Jake, Sid, Letang, Tanev and so on.

A solid A effort.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The whole preseason, every single game Laff played, we all sat there and said "Damn... he's getting better." And then the next game - "Damn.. he REALLY looks good." Then the next game... "DAMN... I think we have some WBS depth that can really come up and be good."

And we all noticed it. He was so damn good in preseason and this whole story is just tremendous. I love it. From the first game in PSU to today. Just TREMENDOUS.

Just think.. like 4-5 weeks ago he was on a line w/ Legare looking incredible. Now he's doing it every night.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Where's @Andy99 ? This is not holding up very well, "I felt that we would have trouble scoring this year...so far, nothing to disabuse that opinion"

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Frankly, if he doesn't cool off, L4 RW is the LAST place to keep him.

I get the urge to move him but if most of the lines are clicking, its hard to justify it.

I liken it to HBK. That line was greater than the sum of its parts.

Lafferty's line might be the same.

Having said that, i think its a moot point. The reality is that this likely wont continue. They've scored 7 three times in six games. That's highly unsustainable.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I get the urge to move him but if most of the lines are clicking, its hard to justify it.

I liken it to HBK. That line was greater than the sum of its parts.

Lafferty's line might be the same.

Having said that, i think its a moot point. The reality is that this likely wont continue. They've scored 7 three times in six games. That's highly unsustainable.

Lafferty's line only lasts until people start coming back. Blandisi will be the first to go. I suspect Johnson will go too, although he shouldn't. HENCE why I asked where you slot Lafferty on a fully healthy roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad