Post-Game Talk: Laffing Stock - The call-ups get it done in Winnipeg (Pens win 7-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
- Jarry
He stood tall after allowing the opening goal.

- Lafferty
He can't be contained. It's great knowing him and AJ can playon the bottom line instead of Garret Wilson.

- Johnson
The guy can skate.

- ZAR
He scored not once, but twice. I expect to get winning lottery numbers tomorrow.

- Letang
Letang was a highlight reel all game. The spinorama was the cherry on top.

- Crosby
Not going to bother covering Sid.

- Schultz
Not sure what is going on with him right now.

- Gudbarnson
Another rough game for him. Also, he should never - ever - play LD again.

- Marino
He looked OK. It's difficult to assess him when he's playing bottom-pair minutes with Gudbranson and Johnson.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have to run so this will be quick... EXCELLENT game by literally everyone. Literally everyone. ZAR/Blueger/Tanev was awesome. Simon/Jake with Sid was awesome. Letang was in GOD Mode. Jarry was incredible. Marino was awesome. Laff is so much fun to watch. AJ is awesome. Blandy is even playing well.

I cannot say it enough - that was one of the most fun games to watch. Everyone played tremendous. Amazing urgency. Amazing effort. Good heart. Awesome hustle.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
No JJ!

WealthyLittleGharial-size_restricted.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Slot Lafferty on a fully healthy Penguins team:

L1 RW (definitely plays the game the way Sid likes)
L2 RW (same 200 foot game as Tanev and, when he's working, Rust, but much better offensive game)
L3 C (he is a natural center, and he might be our third best . . . assuming Bjugs moved)
L4 C (see above)
L4 RW (I suspect if he stays, and he certainly should, then this is where he slots)

If it were me, I'd be really tempted to see how he looks in a top 6 RW slot. Horny doesn't mesh anymore with Sid and doesn't really mesh with Geno. Rust and Tanev aren't great options. Simon? Okay, I'm laughing.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
That was pretty great all around. Two bad bounces gave them their goals but the Pens were dominant. Laff, Sid, Jake, Tang, ZAR and Pets with multi-point games. TJ looked awesome. Challenging every shot at the top of the crease. Great work all around.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
- Jarry
He stood tall after allowing the opening goal.

- Lafferty
He can't be contained. It's great knowing him and AJ can playon the bottom line instead of Garret Wilson.

- Johnson
The guy can skate.

- ZAR
He scored not once, but twice. I expect to get winning lottery numbers tomorrow.

- Letang
Letang was a highlight reel all game. The spinorama was the cherry on top.

- Crosby
Not going to bother covering Sid.

- Schultz
Not sure what is going on with him right now.

- Gudbarnson
Another rough game for him. Also, he should never - ever - play LD again.

Gotta get Jake in there as well as Simon.

Reactions: billybudd and BHD

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Slot Lafferty on a fully healthy Penguins team:

L1 RW (definitely plays the game the way Sid likes)
L2 RW (same 200 foot game as Tanev and, when he's working, Rust, but much better offensive game)
L3 C (he is a natural center, and he might be our third best . . . assuming Bjugs moved)
L4 C (see above)
L4 RW (I suspect if he stays, and he certainly should, then this is where he slots)

If it were me, I'd be really tempted to see how he looks in a top 6 RW slot. Horny doesn't mesh anymore with Sid and doesn't really mesh with Geno. Rust and Tanev aren't great options. Simon? Okay, I'm laughing.

Honestly? Until he cools off, i dont slot him anywhere except where he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad