Lady Ballers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
How about instead of dumb I say ignorant? A lot of these people, Shapiro, Trump, Charlie Kirk, etc. have far too many followers that seem to be very ignorant. They go on and on about freedom but only the freedom they believe in.

They want everyone to be Christian and rail against other religions. They would much prefer if you were white. The want people to live their lives based on the bible, well the parts of the bible they are with. They tend to be anti-science. The go on and on about cancel culture even though they are the experts and try and "cancel" people or companies all the time. The one of the big ones if violence, they tend to be much more approving of violence than the general population and this has been show to be true in study after study.

Shapiro believes "Western civilization" is superior than all others. He has a low view of women and this includes limiting reproductive rights like abortion EVEN in cases of incest and rape. He argues anything under the LGBTQ+ umbrella is a mental illness including trans people.

So the guy might be educated, he has a Harvard Law degree, it does not preclude him from being ignorant and on the wrong side of most of these issues.
Harvard produced someone evil?! Thinks about a centenarian who bit it last week.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Comedy should only ever be judged on one thing...

Is it funny?

Everything else is just scenery

IMO, the funniest film ever made was Monty Python's Life Of Brian, which was released to much controversy in 1979...

Given the discussion taking place in this thread, here's an appropriate clip from the film:

I'm sure LoB would go over well with the anti trans crowd.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
View attachment 777980

Maybe people don't treat your opinions worth respect because they aren't worthy of any respect. Just spouting off without having any understanding of the issue you are talking about.

As I said before, read a f***ing book.
There are parallels with lefthandedness yes, but it's very incomplete as a comparison. The lefthanded graph quickly levels off after societal acceptance increased from its nadir, whereas trans identification keeps accelerating. Additionally, there are odd statistical variations that suggest it's not a simple explanation. For example, trans women used to outnumber trans men by about 2 to 1 (don't quote me, going off memory) and now that's completely flipped to an even greater extent (trans men outnumbering transwomen by 3 or 4 to 1). This is suggestive of SOME element of social contagion.

There's also concerning overrepresentation among individuals with autism and individuals with PTSD and/or histories of sexual assault (these latter associations may explain some of the gender flip I described above). This comorbidity needs to be examined earnestly without worry of research being stigmatized, because it would help identify eventual detransitioners.

As for the movie, although we should be able to talk about this more easily than our polarized cultural context allows, to ensure trans individuals get the best care they can, I don't see how ridiculing the condition can help. While trans people undoubtedly exist and should be supported, it's a complex subject with a good amount of signal to noise that needs to be investigated further scientifically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Osprey

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
There are parallels with lefthandedness yes, but it's very incomplete as a comparison.
It wasn't meant to be a 1:1 comparison, it is making a point to a person who had already demonstrated they did not have much understanding of the topic at hand.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
So I was describing the hilarity of this thread and situation to my sister and y'all... she thought Will Forte was in the movie. I ended up checking IMDB to make sure and found the most hilarious cast list of all time. She wants me to record a video of how I described who some of these people are, like Candance Owens, and the whole backstory behind the movie. She thinks it is imperative it be uploaded to Youtube as a warning for people who might accidently think this movie is supposed to be "real", like she did.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
So I was describing the hilarity of this thread and situation to my sister and y'all... she thought Will Forte was in the movie. I ended up checking IMDB to make sure and found the most hilarious cast list of all time. She wants me to record a video of how I described who some of these people are, like Candance Owens, and the whole backstory behind the movie. She thinks it is imperative it be uploaded to Youtube as a warning for people who might accidently think this movie is supposed to be "real", like she did.
It’s taking real situations but turning it up to a thousand to make a comedy movie. Has there been a whole team of guys joining a women’s league? The answer is no. Are men winning competitions in women’s sports? The answer is yes….

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
It’s taking real situations but turning it up to a thousand to make a comedy movie. Has there been a whole team of guys joining a women’s league? The answer is no. Are men winning competitions in women’s sports? The answer is yes….

It is taking a fake, mythological, not even an actual "situation" and making fun of that non problem so people like you will continue to fall for their grift as they make a living by doing minimal work.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
It is taking a fake, mythological, not even an actual "situation" and making fun of that non problem so people like you will continue to fall for their grift as they make a living by doing minimal work.
What am I falling for? Are you saying stuff like Lia Thomas didn’t happen? What about Fallon Fox in mma fracturing women’s skulls?

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Trans women are women, so no they aren't. And they certainly aren't doing it so they can dominate a league that pales in popularity compared to its male counterparts.

The premise of the movie is based on fiction. One of the Daily Wire's own hosts admitted as much.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Trans women are women, so no they aren't. And they certainly aren't doing it so they can dominate a league that pales in popularity compared to its male counterparts.

The premise of the movie is based on fiction. One of the Daily Wire's own hosts admitted as much.
The movie making a story of a whole team joining a league is based on fiction but biological men winning at women’s sports is not fiction and there’s many examples of that. That’s what the movie is poking fun at

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: beowulf

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
The movie as a whole team joining a league is based on fiction but biological men winning at women’s sports is not fiction and there’s many examples of that. That’s what the movie is poking fun at
I saw them "poking fun" at way more than that, but okay.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Men take estrogen injections?

Reactions: Pink Mist

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Are you insinuating that it's impossible for a women to fracture someone's skull lmao?
Are you insinuating that a man doesn’t have much more power and could kill a woman in combat sports lmao. If it’s two women and an injury happens well that’s the risk but men fighting women shouldn’t be debated. Very weak argument

• Haha
Reactions: beowulf

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Are you insinuating that a man doesn’t have much more power and could kill a woman in combat sports lmao
Do you just dodge questions all day long lmao?

You get called out for saying stupid ignorant shit and instead of responding you just say more stupid ignorant shit and deflect.

Yes a man can kill a women in mma, just like how a woman could kill a man, or a man could kill another man, or a woman can kill another woman. It's f***ing mma. They're punching each other in the head.

How could this person with such an advantage that could literally kill any women she faced lose a fight? Please explain that.

Have you never seen Amanda nunes fight or punch before?

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Are you insinuating that a man doesn’t have much more power and could kill a woman in combat sports lmao. If it’s two women and an injury happens well that’s the risk but men fighting women shouldn’t be debated. Very weak argument
Someone should tell Patricio Manuel, because apparently despite being born female he is able to defeat men who were born male. Wonder how he managed that miracle.

Also what does this have to do with the content of the movie? Did they address this conversation in an intellectual way or did they just make "har har men dressed as women" jokes throughout?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Now we have people in here who think it’s ok for biological men to fight women and act like it’s no big deal lmao. Clown World….

Do you just dodge questions all day long lmao?

You get called out for saying stupid ignorant shit and instead of responding you just say more stupid ignorant shit and deflect.

Yes a man can kill a women in mma, just like how a woman could kill a man, or a man could kill another man, or a woman can kill another woman. It's f***ing mma. They're punching each other in the head.

How could this person with such an advantage that could literally kill any women she faced lose a fight? Please explain that.

Have you never seen Amanda nunes fight or punch before?
Amanda Nunes should fight Brock Lesnar. I’m sure she would do well…

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Now we have people in here who think it’s ok for biological men to fight women and act like it’s no big deal lmao. Clown World….

Amanda Nunes should fight Brock Lesnar. I’m sure she would do well…
Keep dodging bro. Nunes can fight Lesnar as soon as she fights you, deal?

Again, how could fox lose to an amateur mma fighter if she has such an insane advantage? I'd love to hear your explanation.

• Haha
Reactions: 93gilmour93

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
What about Fallon Fox in mma fracturing women’s skulls?

I never heard this one before, top Google result...

"VERDICT

False. Fallon Fox’s voice has been altered in a video on social media, and she did not fracture the opponent’s skull during the fight, Fox told Reuters. Another photograph showing a fighter with a bloody face beside a photo of Fox has been miscaptioned."

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Reactions: Pink Mist

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I never heard this one before, top Google result...

"VERDICT

False. Fallon Fox’s voice has been altered in a video on social media, and she did not fracture the opponent’s skull during the fight, Fox told Reuters. Another photograph showing a fighter with a bloody face beside a photo of Fox has been miscaptioned."
Lmao of course. They just grasp onto the tiniest bit of info and just completely twist it into an offensive exaggerated narrative and their followers bite it hook line and sinker.

Just like what this move is trying to do. They even admitted they wanted to recreate this in real life and make it a documentary and then found out it wasnt as straight forward as just saying your gender is now a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad