Lack of hitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
If 28 is going to skate w/ 29/88 in PO's assuming both are healed...

wouldn't mind seeing Mills put back on 4th line ( Not just for Hitting... but is speed and energy were great in limited games)... thought he played like Robbie Benson in One-on-One (all gooped up on gop)

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Seriously, though, does anyone here think you will outhit an opponent in the remaining games? I'll do a final tally once the regular season ends, but to me this is just mind boggling, no matter how important or not important the statistic is.

seriously doubt it will happen. the day we out-hit an opponent is the day Stamkos asks to line up at 2C for 7 years at league minimum.

McDooRoo

Feb 24, 2013
Wyoming
Our problem lately hasn't been lack of hitting.

Everybody including NBC thought we were in trouble last year against the Bruins because of lack of physical play and well we took care of that in six games, so I don't think hitting is as important as other areas of he game, I love the physical game, but I would rather win the game than beat a team in hitting stats

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I can't believe it, but you guys did it! You actually outhit an opponent! I know you lost, and I'm rooting for you in this series, but if that doesn't deserve a toast, then I don't know what does :laugh:

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I can't believe it, but you guys did it! You actually outhit an opponent! I know you lost, and I'm rooting for you in this series, but if that doesn't deserve a toast, then I don't know what does :laugh:

Hitting is overrated and I could care less about that stat at the end of the game. Last year we went into the corners hard and really battled for pucks. Hitting is not this team's game with the personnel it has. When we are playing hard for 60 minutes, a rarity this year, we out-skate teams and use our skillsets to our advantage. Often if we are being EXTREMELY outhit, it's more of an indication of our effort: if you aren't moving the puck quick enough you are going to get hit.

I actually get more worried when we outhit people as it tells me we are getting away from our game and slowing he pace down. The faster this team plays the better they are. Against the Kings they've struggled to play hard for 40 minutes let alone 60.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Hmm, interestingly, according to the NHL Network, last year you guys weren't even in the top 5 by possession of the puck. So this theory for why there's a lack of hitting might not be as solid as a lot of you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad